Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I learned yesterday (and it's been officially announced, so I can share the news) that Anna Genoese has resigned from Tor. :eek: She's decided to move into an entirely different field--forensic discovery in court cases. You can read about it on her blog.

Needless to say, I'm very sad to lose her as our editor, but happy that she's going somewhere that excites her intellectually. I'll keep you all advised as I learn things about who will replace her and whether there will be any future changes to the romance line.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Gosh, that's surprising. But she seems like a girl who likes to get her feet into all kinds of stuff. She's young, bright and versatile. I wish her the best of luck, and many, many pistachio muffins.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
Holy cow! That's quite a change, but looks like she has every intention of coming back to Tor some day and maybe keeping her hand in the industry. Thanks for sharing Cathy.

Maprilynne

Author Waiting in the Wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.powerfulbirth.com
Wow . . . that is totally unexpected . . . totally and completely. Whoa.

Nonetheless, I hope it works out well for her. She seems like a really nice person.:)

Maprilynne

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Holy... crap.

(yeah, what December said!)

LilaDubois

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.liladubois.com
I'm glad she is moving into something that excites her.

I'll just go weep into the cover letter I have written, for the book I wrote specifically for that line, which was absolutely taylored to Anna, avoiding all her pet peeves, from months of blog-stalking.

:e2thud:

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Just so you all know . . . a replacement editor has been selected and I'm very excited about the person they picked! :hooray: Since other sites are announcing the name, I will too. The new Tor romance editor will be...........drumroll please.............

:e2woo:

Heather Osborn, formerly the Senior Editor of Ellora's Cave

Last edited:

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Good grief. I stay away for a few days and things start happening!!!

I'm sad to hear that Anna Genoese is leaving Tor, but then apparently will be back eventually. However I'm not surprised...as she's a smart young thing and (creak creak go my bones) why when I was her age I liked to move around a bit...it's good for the young uns. :)
I'm sure she'll do well.

Heather Osborn? I don't know anything about her at all, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough :)

Thanks Cathy.

Cheers, Josie

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Anna's a sweetie. She's also a free spirit (get a load of her latest tattoo) and I'm glad she's able to do something she likes, and that she'll be back.

Kinda like me - I've never been able to pin down what I wanted to do with my life. Until I found writing, of course. I swear, reading her posts, sometimes I think that girl is my long-lost vegetarian sister. Especially when she tries her DIY projects.

She had this thing a while ago -she was cleaning her apartment and giving stuff away. I got a package with a bunch of random stuff, including a sparkly tiara! What a riot.

Glad you got a new editor you like Cathy!

Status
Not open for further replies.