Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady

Registered
Reaction score
This is a bit odd, but the strips on the ground of the airport are they both grey? I found a picture and it looks grey, but I want to be for sure, because I had never been there. Thanks for your help.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Do you mean the runways? I lived in a highrise that overlooked them. (It was very noisy - especially on cloudy days. It's amazing how much sound is held in by heavy cloud cover.)

The runways are like any other airport, but the tarmac does fade in the sun, so I guess when they aren't fresh, they can look kind of grey instead of black.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
If you call runways "strips on the ground," you might as well make them lavender.

Lady

Registered
Reaction score
Not the runway itself but inside the terminal where the yellow arches are where you go to get to your plane. I'm so glad people actually seen it, the only comparason I can do ok is O Hair.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Maybe you could show us the picture? It's been a while since I was inside Reagan National and they're always fiddling with it, so I can't say I know what you're talking about right off the top of my head.

Lady

Registered
Reaction score
DCNatlAirport-082801.JPG

In this picture. :) It looks grey, but I want to be sure the picture isn't that clear.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not trying to be a wise guy, but why not call the airport?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
If you're looking to give an authentic description of the terminal wings of the airport, mentioning the yellow arch scaffolding would ring more true. Nobody notices the floor, so I don't think anyone would notice if you got it wrong, if you're determined to make reference to it. I've been in there many times, but now that I look at that pic, I'd have to admit that it looks dark grey with sort of a rose colored stripes, but my memory never bothered storing the truth of it.

Sorry.

Lady

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, I think calling them asking what color their floor was, I don't want to look weirder then I actually am. I put the yellow arches in there, because it looks like it's unique to that airport. I know in o hair the don't have them, or in lax, I didn't go into much detail to be sure that if someone red my book who has been there, they don't do a WTF, this isn't right. They look grey to me to.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com

Lady

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks thoes picture are a lot better then the tinny one that I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.