Hair disaster!

Reaction score
I bought some pre-lightener and an ash blonde dye.

Let's just say I had an orange-roots panic before the ash blonde went on.

Now I'm...very very light auburn at the roots, bits of orange, fading to dirty blonde at the ends.

Tasteful.

Reaction score
Well I was piddling with the idea of going back to my natural colour and it looks as if I'll have to now.

How long do I have to leave it before I put more dye on? Bearing in mind, the next colour I put on my hair will be ammonia- and peroxide-free, probably mid to dark brown.

Reaction score
Thank goodness I'ma natural brunette then! Still, even after the money I've spent on the pre-lightener, the ash blonde and tomorrow the brown dye, it's still only ONE QUARTER of what I used to spend on getting my highlights done.

Elodie-Caroline

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
elodie.the.writer.tripod.com
For myself, I'm lucky. My sister bleaches my roots for me every couple of months, so I only have to pay for my bleach and then I buy her a little pressie for doing it. So yes, much cheaper than going to a hairdresser's and getting it done, and they don't always make it the right shade and so you end up with stripes lol :)

Reaction score
Tomorrow is a ponytail day until I manage to get up to the supermarket to buy brown dye.

Trouble is, I have to go out in the morning and again in the evening, so I guess I'll just have to put up with the "Nichola; what have you done?!" until I get home in the evening to put it all right.

Elodie-Caroline

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Haven't you got a hat you can wear? I'm lucky really, I've been having my hair bleached for 22 years now, and not once had an accident with it. It'd be grey by now I reckon? Still, if it goes to pure white, I won't have to bleach it and the collar and cuffs would definitely match then! LOL :D

Reaction score
I don't have a hat! But when I go out tomorrow I could wear my hair in such a way that the worst of it is covered by a hairband and a scrunchie.

I'll feel like a bit of a tit but to be honest, I reckon if I carry myself like I'm thinking, "Yeah? What the f*** are you looking at? I MEANT my hair to look like this!" then no-one will take the piss. :D

Elodie-Caroline

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Hahahaha and quite right too! If you act as though it was supposed to be like that, I don't think anyone else would even notice it.
I decided to do my hair dark over the top of the blonde once. I done it in the morning, then sent hubby to Superdrug' straight after, to get me another bleach, I done it the same afternoon and never had any accidents etc with it. if you've got an all night superstore near by, maybe you could go and get a dark hair dye and do it before you went to bed? :)

Reaction score
The local Asda is open 24 hours but I can't be bothered going out again to be honest; I'm knackered. Been out most of the day and when I've been at home, the stress of the hair disaster tired me out! Plus I have dishes and ironing to do...oh well, I called my dad to give him a laugh; I heard him chuckle when I said, "Oh sh!t! Just found another ginger bit at the back!"

People know me as an eccentric who will do anything for a laugh so I might just say I did it for a dare; you know what I'm like - people will believe it!

Reaction score
Although...there's a Sainsbo's at the end of my street - more expensive, but quicker for the old shameful hair, in and out quickly...;)

Elodie-Caroline

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Ah, whatever you decide to do, it'll work out and you'll manage to pull it off, I know you will! ;)
Yeah, I think my dad would have laughed at me too, if I'd have buggered up my hair, I reckon it was him I got my sick sense of humour from? lol

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
it's still only ONE QUARTER of what I used to spend on getting my highlights done.

I just thought I'd take this opportunity to rub it in that my mom and I both get completely natural highlights. :D My hair is dark red/auburn, hers is dishwater blonde, but we both get the same streaky pattern of highlights in our hair.

But, in all fairness, I sunburn in the dark, so I guess the gods favor no one.

Reaction score
Well...like I said, I was thinking of going brunette again anyway, so I guess the choice is made for me now. Luckily my hair is not damaged to the point of needing to get the ends cut off, although it does seem to be breaking more easily. I like my hair long.

When I buy the dye I'll invest in a good conditioner too.

I like to change my look every so often and now my hair's going au naturel again, any suggestions what I can do to change my image?

Coloured contact lenses...jewellery, piercings, a tattoo? Hmm...decisions, decisions...

Reaction score
Yes it is.

Now come up with some SENSIBLE ideas of how I can change my look.

Elodie-Caroline

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
LOL @ you two :D Tattoos and piercings are a bit common now, you don't want to look like everyone else around do you. I have five tattoos and have my nose pierced, but mine was all done way back in the 1980s, before it was all the rage with youngsters.

Reaction score
Maybe my change of hair colour could be the perfect excuse to go out and buy some new makeup. After all, you change your colouring and the old lipsticks just won't do, will they?!

Reaction score
Guess I can afford it now I'm not spending £55 every two months on my hair.