dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I went to a free screening at the chinese last night. I'll see it again this weekend on the IMAX!

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
I SOOOOOO can't wait to see it!!!

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I'm skeptical about all CG movies (after the disappointment that was Sky Captain). And historical battle doesn't a story make (a la Troy). But I will see it, and if it's good I will talk about it. Otherwise, I will trash it like I did to Troy.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I'm skeptical about all CG movies (after the disappointment that was Sky Captain). And historical battle doesn't a story make (a la Troy). But I will see it, and if it's good I will talk about it. Otherwise, I will trash it like I did to Troy.

Sky Captain sucked. Troy's CGI looked like nothing more than a REALLY good, really LONG cut-scene from any generic Age of Empires-style game.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
It's about the Spartans. 300 vs. 100,000 or something like that. Actually the History channel is going to have a special on that history -- good promotion for the movie.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
what the hell is 300? I've never heard of this movie.

This is a movie that nearly shot-for-shot reproduces frank miller's graphic novel 300 -- which is about the battle of Thermopylae (forgive the spelling, it's all Greek to me) -- where 300 Spartans held off the entire army of Persian emperor Xerxes long enough to allow the rest of the Greek city-states to form up an army large enough to stop him.

Many of the best lines of the movie hail all the way back to the original greek epic poem about the event.

Persian:
"Our arrows are so many they will blot out the sun."

Spartan:
"Then we shall fight in the shade."

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I just googled and looked around the site, and once I saw a photo I remembered seeing a preview for it. I like this kind of movie. I'm all over it (as soon as I can rent it and watch it at home - like I do every movie, I haven't gotten to a theater in a very long time.)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I can't wait to see this! Poor King Leonidas. He shouldn't have listened to that oracle :D

Thermopylae is a lovely spot. There's a huge statue of King Leonidas there.

roach

annoyed and annoying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.idiorhythmic.net
A friend and I will be dragging our spouses with us on Friday to see it. I haven't been the psyched for a movie for a while!

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Going to see it with a buddy on Sat. My wife isn't all too keen if Hugh Grant or Julia Roberts aren't in it.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'm looking forward to this too, but I hate that it's even tenuously related to Sin City. I hated that movie so much, I'm still angry about it almost two years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.