If you could go anywhere in the world...

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
...where would you go and why would you go there?

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I'd go into the internet and creep around and spy on what people are doing and change really important stuff without their knowing about it.

-Derek

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Like, places they don't let people into. Mecca (I think), stuff like that.

And the Forbidden City, just for good measure.

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
I'd go to Bath, because that's where Jane Austen's from, and I love her. I'd also go to India because I would love to see the Taj Mahal. Then I'd skip over to South America, particularly Brazil, Argentina and Chile, so I could fly over the Andes mountains.

That's about it.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I had two dreams when growing up. One to go to South Africa, which I have and lived there for a time. That place is magic for me. The other was to have a small cottage out in the quiet English countryside. Why? I have no idea but I have a painting of one and it looks like a place I would be at peace :)

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Reason I'm asking is that my dad has a couple hundred thousand frequent flyer miles and said he might let me cash some in. Which basically means I could go anywhere in the world, round trip, for free.

So, if he has that many miles (need to confirm that they haven't expired), and he lets me have them (assuming I don't piss him off in the next few months), I need only save up money for the trip and decide where I want to go.

I'd kind of like to go to Ireland. But, I'd also like to go to Australia, Japan, or China.

I just don't know.

Reaction score
There are two places that are my most important destinations.

Memphis, TN because Elvis means everything to me and I want nothing more than to visit Graceland and his grave.

Dublin, Ireland because U2 means everything to me and I want nothing more than to visit Dublin and hang out with Irish people and have a pint in an Irish pub and talk to Irish chicks and maybe catch a glimpse of my boys
at their studio.

If I can do these two things before I die, I'll be happy.

Thank you.

And.great.thread

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Ireland might be cool. I'd definitely go to Dublin as my ancestors were Dubliners and it'd be neat to visit their old stomping grounds (and drink some REAL Guinness and meet some Irish chicks, etc.).

But, I have a friend living in Japan right now and am very intrigued by her experiences (and Asian chicks are HOT). I also have another friend living in Oz and wouldn't mind bumming around there. And, the Aussies speak English, so it wouldn't be as tough getting around there.

Decisions, decisions.

Reaction score
Sydney is my destination # 3.

Elle-Macpherson-Will-Not-Be-a-Single-Mother-2.jpg

:cry:

I love you so much, Elle.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Strewth mate, she needs a good meal.

-Derek

Reaction score
I'll tell ya what...Scotland is probably #4 or 5.

"In the year of our lord thirteen fourteen, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields of Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

:cry:

And London too.

I don't know what it is about Ireland, Australia, Scotland and England, but I'm drawn to them.

Maybe it's a past life thing.

Last edited:

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Of places I haven't been to yet, I would opt for Thailand, Burma, Indonesia, Malaysia. Also Singapore. And any tropical island with a beautiful beach: Maldives, Seychelles, Mauritius

Asia is definitely my first choice.

I'll also determined to go to Australia some time in the next few years, and maybe New Zealand.

In South America: Chile, Argentina

In Africa: Marocco, South Africa and Kenya.

In Europe: Portugal, Italy and Sweden.

There are just to many fascinating places in the world; I want to see them all!

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
France, because I've still never been there, and it's got cities, mountains, & beaches.

Budapest, because I love it.

Venice, because when I was there, I was with my own 7 month old and my friend's 3 year old, and this time I'd really like to do something besides feed the baby and keep the 3 year old from drowning.

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
That. The pristine, unpolluted environment. The women. And if there's ever a world war, I think they'll survive because everyone forgets it's there.

Heck, they used the last world war to slip away from Denmark, so you may be right.

I'd go for British Columbia. To live.