Delirium

What the Dope?

• Total voters

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
I was very sick this weekend. While laying in bed I was having strange bits of hallucinations where my dog (if you know, she is a border collie and the smartest being on the planet) was creating a yacht with advanced physics. I am sure the yacht would be great. What do you hallucinate about when you are sick?

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
1969. But all of that aside, you get an A+++ for the brilliant, comprehensive research you have done here, to include--and succinctly--all of the relevant choices. Brilliant!

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
You mean, in a state of delirium you are thinking of me? (Even if you are putting me on a list of dorks. Thanks hun, love ya too.)

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
You forgot to include pigeons.

Once I was very sick...pneumonia.....and the freaking place was filled with pigeons. Hundreds and thousands of pigeons. Pigeons on my sofa, on the piano, on my coffee cup, riding on the back of the cat. Pigeons all over the bedroom. Every thing on TV was pigeons. When ever I went to drink something the pigeon would comment on it.

It went on for a couple of days, then all the pigeons vanished.

Gee, those are some sick choices you posted sweetcheeks. Who hallucinates pumpkins? Weird.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I had scarlet fever, it was GIANT balls of yarn rolling down the hallway toward my room - they would have squashed me had I not been levatating up against my bedroom ceiling.

lfraser

Bored and Frantic
Registered
Reaction score
When I was a kid I had a recurring dream about being in a pit with the walls slowly caving in. Somewhere in the background people were chanting. It scarred me for life.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
When I was in my late twenties, I had pneumonia and a terribly high fever. The end of my bed was covered in cats and I kept crawling down to pet them. Later I realized that they were all of my long-dead childhood pets. It was described to me after the fact that I was cuddling lumps of quilt and talking to them.
Also there was a man in a tuxedo that kept floating over my bed. He kept asking me to dance....

I also remember that I thought the living room was filled with snow - I just couldn't get warm.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I fly about, and see neon snakes on the ceiling. Really. Nothing to do with being delirious....

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
Whenever I've got a fever, I always dream that I'm in a video game, like old-school Mario Brothers on Nintendo. :)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
None of the above.

Flying monkeys. Trying to get away from them.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
When I was in junior high, I had strep throat and a really high fever. I had been reading a book before I went to bed, and I found myself in the place of the MC acting it out. My mom said that I even talked to her like I was in the book. It's probably the weirdest thing I've ever experienced.

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
When I was really sick, I imagined the main cartoon guy from that show Dragon Ball Z crawling from wall to wall, coming to assassinate me.

Which is weird, 'cuz I don't even watch that show.

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
Strangest fever dream:

I was a cartoon fox in a chamber orchestra of Looney Tunes characters. Bugs Bunny was conducting and Wile E. Coyote was playing the harpsichord.

I was in the string section.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine are usually way too bizarre to remember completely. Usually I only remember a few things around the edges and the simple fact that it was completely bizarre.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Something about me and Jimmy Page trapped in Headley Grange by a creature that I think was a cross between a white chow dog and - Cthulhu, I guess...

NyQuil really should come with a warning label - "People with overactive imaginations should exercise caution when using this product."

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
One HUGE f'ing tarantula, crawling out from inside the lampshade, over the top edge and down the outside.

I went - not 'right', not 'left', mind you - over the END of the bed, got tangled in the quilt and fell in a heap at the foot of the bed.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Just last summer I spiked a terribly high fever and started to hallucinate about being chased by a dinosaur. I was a gunman and as I turned around to shoot it, its tail whipped at me and threw me off of a cliff. According to my parents, I was screaming and imitating the sound of bullets before I dove off the couch.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I dream that my physicist is on a yacht creating an advanced dog.

Hi, advanced dog, how does this sandpaper feel?
"Ruff, ruff."

And what's that stuff on the trunk of that tree?
"Bark, bark."

Seriously, I dream of putting all the clocks in the bathtub, then of riding a giraffe.

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
You people call me strange.

Hmmm, yeah. I guess I should have put flying monkeys on the list. . . seems as logical as anything else. (Except for that whole dead animal thing at the end of the bed, that. . is. . . just. . . creepy.)

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
As it is cold and flu season. . . does anyone have any new stories to tell of their wild hallucinations concerning talking pots of chili con carne?