The Western Forum

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know some of you were concerned that the western forum might get pulled before it even got off the ground. Since I don't see many of you in the "Early Birds" thread, I thought I'd share a comment that Mac made about it this morning.

"I'm sort of surprised but really, really pleased at how the new forum turned out."

Cav Guy

Living in the backstory
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up, Alleycat! I tend to frequent forums that I have a strong interest in (Westerns, some of the main writing ones) and that's about it, so I missed that. Hopefully we can keep it going and get some more folks to play, too.

Festus

No limits to imagination
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! I am pleased beyond words to hear that! I also add a second to Cav's remarks.

Thanks so much, Alleycat, for passing that on to us!

Festus

Mr. Jinx

Registered
Reaction score
It's great to see this forum.

In the past I thought there must have been one for the Western genre but I was unable to find it. I am sure glad its here now.

Cav Guy

Living in the backstory
Registered
Reaction score
Go ahead and post something, Kentuk! Maybe a comment or two on the stories if nothing else. We're always glad to see new folks chiming in here or in the SYW area.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Welcome Mr. Jinx (if that is your real name :)) and yeah Kentuk, I second Cav Guy's suggestion. Lurkers lurk, writers write. :D

Hint, I get more inspiration if I swivel my chair round so it's back to front, climb aboard as if it's a saddle, and bOuNcE uP aNd DoWn while I'm writing. Goose fat is a great salve for office saddle sores.

-Derek

Cav Guy

Living in the backstory
Registered
Reaction score
Hint, I get more inspiration if I swivel my chair round so it's back to front, climb aboard as if it's a saddle, and bOuNcE uP aNd DoWn while I'm writing. Goose fat is a great salve for office saddle sores.

-Derek

Now this just sounds like a...uh...'personal' problem to me.;) But I guess if it works for you...but I'd recommend that you leave the web cam OFF while doing it.

But I'll second (and third) the call for lurkers to chime in. We're a friendly bunch here (well...I am after my third cup of coffee...before that I'm not responsible for my actions).

Mr. Jinx

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks dpaterso, I will try to do more than just lurk about :).

I am comming to the end of a pretty major revision in my manuscript (~300 pages) so I will have more time to make an effort to contribute.

Thanks again for the welcome!

--Dev

Festus

No limits to imagination
Registered
Reaction score
Let me add my WELCOME!!!! to the list, Mr. Jinx. I really look forward to reading your work.

Kentuck, I'm glad you lurk with us, but I bet you could write a darn good western. Why not give it a try?

If you won't, ya won't. In that case I have to tell ya......keep on lurking!

:)