Why I hate/love my editor.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Lucien, who was at the ComicCon in New York this past week, thoughtfully e-mailed me this picture.

Straczynski.jpg

That is, for those of you who don't know, J. Michael Straczynski. Joe Straczynski created Babylon 5, Jeremiah, wrote all the good issues of Marvel's recent Civil War 'event,' writes Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, wrote the wonderful series Rising Stars and, for those of you who are old people, he wrote quite a number of episodes of Murder She Wrote and The New Twilight Zone, which again were the good episodes. He also did a radio drama series through Sci-Fi.com, which is still available and fun to listen to.

:D :D :D :D

Last edited:

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
*grumble* It's that fascist MacCallIsStar holding me back again, but I've pooled the powers of my agent agency and delivered the picture anyway.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Less talk! More picture gazing!

Okay, okay!

I guess this is a bad time to mention the 'Comics Day for Kids' at the Whitaker Center in Harrisburg? Bunch of professional cartoonists in town. Didn't Carrie mention that to you? :D

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
It goes along well with your current avatar, doesn't it? "Zathras used to being beast of burden. No one listens to poor Zathras." :D

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Did your editor ask if we're going to get any more Babylon 5 in the future?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I went to a meet and greet with Angela Lansbury one time, about 2 years ago... everyone in the audience got to ask a question...

My friend and I wanted to ask "Did JMS ever approach you about playing an alien on Babylon 5, and if so, which race would you have wanted to play, and finally, why didn't you?"

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I went to a meet and greet with Angela Lansbury one time, about 2 years ago... everyone in the audience got to ask a question...

My friend and I wanted to ask "Did JMS ever approach you about playing an alien on Babylon 5, and if so, which race would you have wanted to play, and finally, why didn't you?"

To which she said, eloquently and with proper elocution....?

Rllgthunder, I don't know what he asked of anybody yet. I know we scored a ton of interviews with all sorts of people (Stan Lee and Joe Quesada, for example, and.......................Gary Coleman) but I haven't gotten to hear the .MP3s quite yet.

I wish Babylon 5 would march ever onward. B5's story is done and ended, but there's more to tell, if done properly.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not to crash the party or anything... but when the hell did you get an editor, Pete? Having an editor means you've presumably sold something... did I miss some huge piece of info?

*scratches stubble on chin*

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Every interview has to come up short, sometimes.

Don't belittle other people, Rllgthunder, it makes a small man of you.

Alan:

I have been for the past six months or so an assistant editor with BBT Magazine. I built their web-site a couple of times now, for example. I read the slush pile, stuff like that. When I said "my editor," I meant Lucien Spelman, who's the boss-editor of the magazine. These days, I'm "Senior Editor," whatever that means.

I do it for fun, because I think it's a very, very educational thing for a writer to work on the staff of a magazine, no matter how small (and I recommend doing it to anyone if you get the chance).

It's unpaid, but it's worth the job just for the perks. Today, a picture of Joe Straczynski having fun at my expense. A few days ago, it was a signed and personalized copy of Joe Hill's "Heart Shaped Box," because Lucien interviewed him.

I sell stuff all the time. :) But that's what I mean when I say something weird and important-sounding like "my editor."

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Rllgthunder, I don't know what he asked of anybody yet. I know we scored a ton of interviews with Gary Coleman).

PEEDEE'S AGENT
Hello, Cash Call?

GARY COLEMAN
Yeah? What?

PEEDEE'S AGENT
I need $5000 to help vanity-publish my client's work.

GARY COLEMAN
Whatchu talking 'bout agent?

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
The day I vanity publish is the day I take off these stretchy pants in public for free.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Go on. I dare you. Anyway.

You do know what "pants" means here in England, don't you?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
That is the total most awesomest picture EVAH.

I'm jealous. Much. :D

(And I loved Murder, She Wrote!)