Some (not writing related) good news.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
My contract with Intel was extended through the year. That's the good news. The bad news is that I have to stay a summer in Arizona. :rant:

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Ayahhhhh, that's going to get pretty damn hot. And I heard that scorpions love the Arizona summer (but I could be wrong). I would send a bunch of ice your way, but I doubt it'd take priority mail....

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Ayahhhhh, that's going to get pretty damn hot. And I heard that scorpions love the Arizona summer (but I could be wrong). I would send a bunch of ice your way, but I doubt it'd take priority mail....
Didn't the band Scorpions come from AzLand?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats on the good news, and as for AZ in the summer, my friend doesn't mind it at all. She just totally lives in air conditioning.
I wish it were possible to telecommute. I'd live in Holland or Ireland. Oh well, maybe my next contract will be somewhere cool and wet.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I think you're right.
Wasn't there a story last summer about mutant 12ft tall scorpions roaming Arizona?
predators.jpg

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats on the work, Spooky. That's the main thing anyway.
I would rather finish book III and IV, publish all, and then move back to Europa and continue writing books. Oh well, I'll finish another book this year and maybe start the agent process someday.

I'm going to make it a goal this year to submit more stories and poems.

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.returnengagement.blogspot.com
Congratulations on the Intel contract. And remember this few rules for surviving the heat...
Put oven mitts in your car.
If you have leather upholstery, eschew shorts.
There is nothing that NEEDS to be done during the day, 3 am is better.
A quick application of ice to a scorpion sting breaks down the neurotoxin. Expect 4 hours of intense pain anyway.

And most important: Cold beer makes every day better.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'm starting to get dizzy just thinking about staying here whilst it is 120 outside. Agggghhh...

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I grew up in southern Arizona, in a home without air conditioning. You adapt. Nearly everything is air conditioned now, of course, so it's largely a matter of darting from one cool place to the next. Run your errands and such early in the day, before the heat builds, or quite late at night, when the warm air is silk on your skin. If you're able to set your own hours, the siesta makes good sense. On a water bed (which stays cool in a shady bedroom) is even better.

And beer kept on ice, not just in the regrigerator, is magnificent at the close of a long, hot day.

Maryn, who never saw a scorpion until she moved to Texas

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, we're an Intel family in Oregon and we have lovely summers! Keep your eyes open for jobs in Hillsboro!
Intel only allows one year contracts and then you have to wait another year before becoming eligible again. I don't want to become a blue badge anywhere...:)

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Summer in Arizona ???:e2thud:

Well, congrats on the job, anyway! And best of luck with those temps!

neveragainneveragainneveragain.