PDA

View Full Version : Journaling Experts...

Freckles
03-02-2007, 04:34 AM
I'm working on a query about tips/benefits of journaling, aiming for a teen magazine.

I'm looking for experts on the benefits of journaling -- I think a quote or two would add color and flavor to my query. ;)

Thanks, guys!

ideagirl
03-02-2007, 05:36 AM
I'm working on a query about tips/benefits of journaling, aiming for a teen magazine. I'm looking for experts on the benefits of journaling -- I think a quote or two would add color and flavor to my query.

How about something like "journals are the photo albums of the heart"? I've been keeping journals for over twenty years, and it's so much fun to pull one out and re-read part of it. It lets you re-live something that happened a long time ago. I honestly don't know how people LIVE without keeping journals--how they can just let their whole lives vanish into the past, leaving no record.

In addition to re-reading, I've also sometimes copied out a section for someone else, to give them a memento of something we experienced together. People LOVE this--not just because people love mementos, but because they love seeing word-portraits of themselves, seeing themselves as I see them.

Troo
03-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Here's one a teacher at school once said to me:
"You should all keep diaries. That way, when you're rich and famous adults, you'll have plenty of material for your biographies".

Needless to say I didn't keep a diary, so I'm going to have to make it all up :p