Editor for self-published book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Hartha

Registered
Reaction score
I am self publishing a short (35,000 words) economics/politics book, and I was wondering if anybody out there has had any experiences with freelance editors or editing services. I was just wondering if there was an "industry standard" group or person that is known to be reputable.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sid Hartha

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys.

...and Ken, it didn't go through, but I see your website address on your posting...

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
Thanks for the replies, guys.

...and Ken, it didn't go through, but I see your website address on your posting...
There is an email link there (or via my profile here). When I here from you, I can also provide names and contact info for two other editors I have known for years and whose work is highly regarded. One is also a book designer. Both are quite knowledgeable about independent publishing.

--Ken

Prosperity7

Registered
Reaction score
Three that I recommend are Laura Anne Gilman, Nancy Hanger, and Josepha Sherman. Contact them directly to see if they can help you with what you want.

I'm not having a lot of luck finding your recommended authors online. Would you please post the links to the editors you recommended? Thank you!:D

Prosperity7

Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.