Two submissions today . . .

Solatium

Registered
Reaction score
. . . and six stories out in all. So it's not like I've really been out of the game.

But somehow, these two felt really good. Maybe because I mailed them in actual envelopes, with shiny new address labels and snowflake stamps. They felt heavy, substantial. They had heavy, substantial names on them: Fantasy & Science Fiction, Cemetery Dance.

Here's to waiting for the postman with a St. Expedite card in my pocket again.

I write and internet on different, incompatible computers; transferring the files is a pain. So my e-subs are either flash (easy to retype) or older, weaker stories that I long ago put in e-mailable format. Postal submissions, to me, mean fresher, newer stories; longer, meatier stories. Something really to be proud of. Something that really has a chance.

Something that could make a splash if it finds the right place.

Two submissions today. I'll shoot for another on Friday.

Thank you for listening.

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
. . . and six stories out in all. So it's not like I've really been out of the game.

But somehow, these two felt really good. Maybe because I mailed them in actual envelopes, with shiny new address labels and snowflake stamps. They felt heavy, substantial. They had heavy, substantial names on them: Fantasy & Science Fiction, Cemetery Dance.

Here's to waiting for the postman with a St. Expedite card in my pocket again.

I write and internet on different, incompatible computers; transferring the files is a pain. So my e-subs are either flash (easy to retype) or older, weaker stories that I long ago put in e-mailable format. Postal submissions, to me, mean fresher, newer stories; longer, meatier stories. Something really to be proud of. Something that really has a chance.

Something that could make a splash if it finds the right place.

Two submissions today. I'll shoot for another on Friday.

Thank you for listening.

Cool! Congratulations.

:)