Status
Not open for further replies.

heatheringemar

lurking behind that corner..
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ingemarwrites.wordpress.com
How does one go about setting up reviews/interviews to help with promotion of their work? I know publishers often do a lot with lining up review sites, but interviews?

I'm kinda new to all this, and so I'm wondering if I've missed something.

Thanks,
H.

weezwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Heather!
What kind of interviews are you seeking? Are you talking about mainstream press coverage, or rae you looking for things like niche blogs? Or maybe both?

The first thing you should do is make a list of targeted outlets -- that is, websites, newspapers, blogs etc. that might be interested in you or your book. Study who does what at each place so you know who to contact. Also check out how they want to be contacted. Some places prefer e-mail; others want you to go through the "contact us" page on their website. Very few want phone calls anymore!

Next, put together a pitch kit and/or press release; strive to make each one unique to the media you're targeting. A good pitch kit/press release will have one goal: To show why you'd make for an interesting interview and/or article. Show how you can appeal to their unique audience. Come up with a sellable hook for each media outlet.

Does that help at all?

Good luck!
Louise Knott Ahern
www.theworkingwriter.com
Take my online class through AuthorMBA!
PR Boot Camp: Everything You Need to Know to be Your Own Best Publicist
March 5-23, 2007
Enlist today!

acousticgroupie

Registered
Reaction score
create a press kit:) treat your book like a business. and get dan poynter's book for inside review info.

Status
Not open for further replies.