I posted the beginning of my story.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Darn it, Teri, why did you have to quit there?

I love a good memoir, and can't wait to read yours.

Have you created an outline so that you know exactly what goes where in the story and when?

Having an outline is very helpful. It will help you to work around the most important things you do not want to leave out, and will help to fill in the blanks as you write.

Is this your first draft? My suggestion is to make an outline, and then go to town, writing down everything you think you need to say. Editing comes later in the process. Don't worry so much right now about the punctuation and grammar, just get it all down in a semi-structured format.

After you get it all down, you can go back and edit and edit and edit. You will probably need some assistance with that. It's a learning process.

Having said that: don't be in a hurry. Just relax and keep writing. It will be a therapeutic exercise for you, and will end as an interesting story as well.

Good luck and keep posting!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Darn it, Teri, why did you have to quit there?

I love a good memoir, and can't wait to read yours.

Have you created an outline so that you know exactly what goes where in the story and when?

Having an outline is very helpful. It will help you to work around the most important things you do not want to leave out, and will help to fill in the blanks as you write.

Is this your first draft? My suggestion is to make an outline, and then go to town, writing down everything you think you need to say. Editing comes later in the process. Don't worry so much right now about the punctuation and grammar, just get it all down in a semi-structured format.

After you get it all down, you can go back and edit and edit and edit. You will probably need some assistance with that. It's a learning process.

Having said that: don't be in a hurry. Just relax and keep writing. It will be a therapeutic exercise for you, and will end as an interesting story as well.

Good luck and keep posting!

I have tons of notes I took some years back. That's what I'm using as an outline for now but I'm not sure how it'll end.

I left off there so you'll come back. :D

Thanks for the advise! I appreciate it.

pollykahl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pollykahl.com
HI writerterri, I clicked on the link and was told you require a password. My site password does not work, is there some other password? I'd love to read it.
Polly

pollykahl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pollykahl.com
HI TerriWriter, I see no one has posted on this discussion for a while. Are you still working on this and would you still like some feedback on it? Thanks for sharing it!

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
First of all thank you for sharing this..

Two--this is one piece of work..very emotional and disturbing too... Keeps your interest from the very first sentence. Overall I like it; has lots of potential and can't wait to read more.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
First of all thank you for sharing this..

Two--this is one piece of work..very emotional and disturbing too... Keeps your interest from the very first sentence. Overall I like it; has lots of potential and can't wait to read more.

Thanks for stopping by and reading Bill, I appreciate it!

You're the best!

Terri