Characters?

Cav Guy

Living in the backstory
Registered
Reaction score
We all know of the main Western characters (the gunfighter and the cowboy), but how many others can we use?

I've got stories and WIPs featuring gamblers, soldiers, working up one for a miner, a trapper, and so on.

Anyone else out there using a non-traditional Western MC? This might be a nice place to cuss and discuss 'em.

Festus

No limits to imagination
Registered
Reaction score
Cav, you need to click on ol' fashioned girls links on her family history, My good Lord it is terrific! Great research data there.

Festus

Cav Guy

Living in the backstory
Registered
Reaction score
I did, Festus. Good stuff there. I'm sticking this out there more for other folks who might think that Westerns are only about cowboys and gunmen. Sort of a place where we can share the history and ideas that will help grow broader characters.

Festus

No limits to imagination
Registered
Reaction score
Well, all I can say is: Good on ya, Cav. You have been a main driving force for our beloved westerns. I sure appreciate it.

I still believe that we've got room for all kinds of westerns in our forum, as you do.

Bring 'em on, pardners!

Festus

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I've got one itty-bitty start for an old, old WIP that stars a lady who went by the name 'Rose of the Cimmaron'. She was supposedly a 'good' girl who fell for a bad man by the name of Bittercreek Newcomb. Her picture hangs in a restaurant in Guthrie, OK.

Festus

No limits to imagination
Registered
Reaction score
Jen: Can't wait to read about the "Rose of Cimmaron"! If it's 1/100th as good as your other stuff, hey I'm more than game!

We surely appreciate you being here with us!

Festus