Here I go...

Luke flees the scene

philosopher.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
... another day at church. Probably my least favorite hour of the day. Basically, I'm setting myself up to be stared at and gawked at. Everyone at my church thinks I'm a satan-worshipping alchie and druggie, cause I wear black and have an eyebrow ring. Of course, it's all good in the end I guess, cause I never liked any of them in the first place. =D

Does anyone else have a church like this?

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nope. Body piercing and black clothing just mean you're probably a teenager, in my church. (You should find a new church.)

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Nope. Body piercing and black clothing just mean you're probably a teenager, in my church. (You should find a new church.)

I agree: you should probably find a new church. If they're treating you like that, then they're not, IMO, following the lead of their savior.

I wish more people who say they follow Jesus would do what he said to do, as in 'Judge not, that ye be not judged'.

I would definitely find another church, if they're judging you in such a manner.

ETA:

Maybe you could look into a Presbyterian church. From what little I recall of the one I visited, they seemed to me to be quite accepting of others.

I will give a caveat though: it was a long time ago, and I don't know the attitudes of your local Presbyterian congregations by any stretch of the imagination. So you may want to take my advice with the proverbial grain of salt.

Last edited:

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can I make a suggestion? If you want to stay in the Protestant faith, you might look up 'independent' churches with the word "Fellowship" in their name, as these tend to be very inclusive types of churches.

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Can I make a suggestion? If you want to stay in the Protestant faith, you might look up 'independent' churches with the word "Fellowship" in their name, as these tend to be very inclusive types of churches.

Good point, Pat~! I'd all but forgotten about the non-denominational churches. They ARE, by what I remember, VERY inclusive churches. Very accepting of a lot of people.

Excellent suggestion.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
It's just that you have indicated you are going throught some tough situations lately and a quote like that, especially what you have enlarged and bolded, could give someone the wrong impression.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about church, but you would fit in in our town. Everyone is either a "hippie" (druggies who wear tie-dye) or a "goth" (druggies who wear black.) ;)

Try to hang in there. Signatures about suicide generally make people worry about you. Just a hint.

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good point, Pat~! I'd all but forgotten about the non-denominational churches. They ARE, by what I remember, VERY inclusive churches. Very accepting of a lot of people.

Excellent suggestion.

Thanks, Sean. I go to an independent, nondenominational Bible church, which also happens to be quite inclusive. That might be another option...

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I posted at the same time as tourdeforce. Anyway, as long as it's just a song...

Luke flees the scene

philosopher.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
It's just that you have indicated you are going throught some tough situations lately and a quote like that, especially what you have enlarged and bolded, could give someone the wrong impression.

I know. But don't worry everyone, I'm not suicidal. There was one time in my life where I kind of was, but that was a while back.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Oh I don't know any music at all. I'm so pathetic. What's Korn?

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
A thing you have for dinner, like Limp Bizkit.

I can't believe I just typed that above name. Now I'll have a rash or something. Blech.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
A thing you have for dinner, like Limp Bizkit.

I can't believe I just typed that above name. Now I'll have a rash or something. Blech.
Tsk, tsk, you disappoint me.

I used to have really weird looks when I went to church too. What if my nails are black and I'm wearing black men's clothing? It's not like its contagious or anything, like some people used to believe. I've learned, however, that those types of people are not to be bothered with. They're just not worth it.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
yea that sig definitely concerned me.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
yea that sig definitely concerned me.
Nah. You'll soon learn that it's the quiet ones who never mention suicide that try. People who have suicidal avatars and suicidal sig lines or nicknames are not going to do it. It's just another way of expressing oneself.

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Nah. You'll soon learn that it's the quiet ones who never mention suicide that try. People who have suicidal avatars and suicidal sig lines or nicknames are not going to do it. It's just another way of expressing oneself.

Indeed. I can't tell you how many times I've tried. Not feeling that way anymore, but I did several years ago. Not a good feeling.