Third notice...

kjh7073

I Need a Clever Title :)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kjhamilton.net
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? What the hell is wrong with these people?!?

Girl, stand your ground! you've done nothing wrong!!!

KJ

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! I missed 2nd notice.

Look at the "Fine, whatever." thread.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you Christine. I thought you had missed the harrassment from PA by not signing with them. It seems their nastiness knows no bounds.

:Hug2: Hang in there sweetie.

Sara

kjh7073

I Need a Clever Title :)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kjhamilton.net
This is just beyond ridiculous!

They must've had a good year so far to be able to afford to keep special delivering these letters to you,Christine, you know?
I definately think this is harrassment--and no, that's not a legal opinion, it's a personal opinion. Ugh. These people are abominable!!!

I know you know this, but you have a lot of support here. Myself included!! :)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Christine. Let me know if you need financial support with this. I'll send what I can.

This is ridiculous! You've not been posting, you've done nothing wrong since they sent you the first notice, and YOU'D DONE NOTHING WRONG WHEN THEY SENT YOU THE FIRST ONE.

If I can help in any way at all, let me know. They're bullying you, plain and simple. You're in the right here, and if they take this any further, that will be proved in Court. They should be downright ashamed of themselves.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, a third notice. This one by FedEx.

Hope you like talking to my lawyer, Vic. That's the only communication you're going to have from me.

Does anyone have an email or mailing address for this punk?

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score

Hope you like talking to my lawyer, Vic. That's the only communication you're going to have from me.

Good attitude. Don't let him intimidate you. You let your lawyer deal with him. Lawyers have... ways... of dealing with threats.

ETA:

I might add that I think this is happening because PublishAmerica is hurting. Badly.

Last edited:

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
How can we help?

Christine, please ask your attorney what kind of help we can offer from the outside - documentation of PA's practices, records of nasty emails, whatever. Letters describing our contacts with PA? A petition? I'm at a loss what to suggest. Just give the word and I'm sure everyone on this forum will pitch in.
Hang in there! :Hug2:

roach

annoyed and annoying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.idiorhythmic.net

Okay, my reaction in non-ordered numerical order (heh):

1) Sounds like you got a lawyer Christine, good.

2) Methinks that this is a game of chicken and PA is going to lose and lose hard because:
2a) If they push it you'll have a nice case of harrassment and we all know that
2b) The last thing PA wants is to see the inside of a courtroom

3) Should it come down to anything more than your lawyer delivering a solid smack-down of PA I will gladly hold a fund-raiser, bake sale, or whatever I can to raise money for your legal fees. Heck, we have a tax return coming. I can't think of a more satisfying expenditure of cash right now than to help you spank PA hard. :D

Hang in there! You got not only right on your side but the support of all of AW.

zizban

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.chippewapublishing.com
Well, the good (if anything is) if it gets that far you'll be able to do discovery to help prove your case. Can you imagine the look on PA's faces when a court orders them to turn over internal company documents?

Like people have said, PA does not want to go to court. They are like cockroaches; once the light shines on them, they'll run away.

Stand up to them. You have truth on your side.

Tsu Dho Nimh

Registered
Reaction score

Christine -
If, after YOU hav notified PA's lawyers that he is handling the matter -that he is your legal representative - it is ILLEGAL for PA or their lawyer to contact you directly. Violates all kinds of rules of the courts and state bar associations.

If they continue to contact you, just let your lawyer know and he'll take care of it.

JimmyD1318

THE POPCORN MONSTER!
Registered
Reaction score
A THIRD????

A THIRD??:rant: Sorry...didn't mean to shout so loudly. I'm glad you have gotten some legal counseling. If you need cash help let everyone know. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Surely do. Check your rp's

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:10:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: An appeal to your common sense.
To: --stricken--

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am hoping first to appeal to your common sense.

Please stop harassing Mrs. Christine N. She has done nothing illegal and of all the people you could be picking on, she is the least of your troubles. If you pursue legal recourse with her, I will personally fund her defenses and my ability to do so is, I assure you, expansive.

I am currently reviewing your and her own state laws to plot a route of action against you should you continue with these petty tactics.

Yours most sincerely,

Bart

Last edited:

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Oh Christine, I'm so sorry this is happening...it's just ridiculous.

((((Hugs)))) to you.

Now kick some ass! :)

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Christine,

I'm sending hugs. Please don't give up this fight. You have a lawyer, and they're still pushing. It's tough, and PA is hoping that by pushing at your emotions and causing you significant stress, you give in to their demands. Don't do it! It's just a psychological game. Just let them think they are messing with your head. In fact, put on a good show about it and all the while, have a superb defense going on. That'll wipe a smug little smile faster than anything.

And PA is crap. You should contact about a settlement. Tell them that for $10,000 you won't file harassment charges. :tongue