Spells & Incantations

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Since Christine started an awesome Tarot thread, I thought I'd start one for spells and other mumbo jumbo. We can use this thread to either post spells we've used, or if someone needs one, this would be a good place to request ideas.

I would simply ask that if you post one that is not an original work by you, please be sure to credit the original author. If you can provide a link to the source book, even better.

So I'll start off -- the other day in the Chatter thread I mentioned Money Spells, so here are my favorites:

Patti’s Mojo Money Bag:

You will need:

A silver candle and a gold candle
A small cloth pouch with a drawstring
A handful of play money (like Monopoly) of different denominations
A taglock for yourself (hair, nail clippings, etc)
Ginger (for power and success)
Nutmeg (for prosperity)

Prepare your workspace as you normally do - if you invoke deity or call the quarters, go ahead. Light the two silver candles on either side of your space, so that you are working between them. As you light them say: "Gold and silver, silver and gold, make money come and dollars unfold."

Place your play money and the taglock into the bag. As you do this, think about yourself and the money being together. You might even rub the taglock and the money against each other as you place them in there. Say "Cast from necessity, not from greed, all I'm asking is for what I need." (Obviously this might not be the spell to use if you're trying to win the Powerball.)

Place the ginger and the nutmeg in the bag, and picture success and prosperity coming your way. Hold the bag in your hands and say, "Tens and twenties, fives and ones, as I will, it shall be done."

Take a moment to think about what you will do with the money that comes your way. Will you use it to get out debt? Pay a bill? Have a little bit of extra grocery money? Allow the candles to burn out on their own. Place the bag in a safe place where it will be undisturbed, and out of sight. Results from this one seem to come in very odd ways, but so far it has worked every time for me.

Patti’s Money Spell for Kids:

You will need:

A square of green paper
Nine pennies
An envelope

Do this spell outside, under a tree. Take the piece of paper and write on it how much money you would like to have come your way. Try to be reasonable! Fold the paper three times, and then place it in the envelope. Add the pennies. Say "Nine cents to make prosperity flow. Nine pennies to multiply, nine pennies to grow." Seal the envelope, and draw a dollar sign on the outside. Bury the envelope under the tree (be careful not to get too close to the roots!), and cover up the hole. Ask the tree to keep watch over your pennies. Money should start coming your way soon.

*Note - I gave this to a friend’s daughter, and after she did it she told me that the very next week her mom raised her allowance, her grandma sent her $10, and she found a $5 on the sidewalk.

Easy Candle Spell (from Dorothy Morrison's Everyday Magic)

You need a green candle, basil (powdered) and vegetable oil.

Inscribe a green candle with your name and the EXACT amount of money you need. Anoint the candle with the oil and roll it in the basil. Light the candle, and say "Money come and money grow, money's mine, to me it flows."

Jenan Mac

The Deadliest Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Perfect timing, Patti! I'm trying to get the credit cards back to a manageable state.

My spellwork tends to be less poetic than most. For instance, when my husband was laid off twice in five months (short version, bad local economy), it seemed prudent to sacrifice to the Construction Gods. One week, a ham and cheese sandwich, and two cans of Bud Light later, he had two job offers.

Jenan Mac

The Deadliest Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. ::wondering how often I could talk Mr Mac into taking sandwiches to work::

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Heh. I used to include the "mustard sigil" in my husband's sandwiches so he'd have a decent day at work.

LOVE THIS.

Unfortunately, my spellwork of late has been pretty much nonexistent, too. No room inside, too cold outside, too much work and too much toddler all over me to get anything done.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I think there's a common misconception that spellwork absolutely MUST include lengthy preparation, complete and total silence, and (ideally) an absence of other human beings in the house. The reality of it is that most of us are parents, we work, we have jobs and lives and families, and once you put all of that aside there's very little time left for us to even shower or eat, let alone do some elaborate ritual.

I've learned to cast on the fly. Magic is part of my daily life, and it's not uncommon for me to whip a spell together in about ten minutes, somewhere between starting up a Spongebob DVD and throwing the salmon on the broiler. I don't feel a need to do a big fancy cleansing routine before a working -- after all, I just took a shower a few hours ago -- and I realize that the universe has a sense of humor. It also seems to be very tolerant of distractions.

If you've got five minutes of quiet time while your kid plays with her Legos, you're good to go :)

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I have something that I do for when I'm really tense or have a headache. It's really short, extremely simple, nor would I consider it a "spell", but more of a remedy.

I like to boil up some fresh, clean water and use it for some tea. Once I've dunked the bag in and added in some sugar, I put in honey. And here is the silly part...I make a smiley face with the honey on the bottom of the cup, then with positive thoughts, I stir it all together and drink it.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I remember there was one spell which helped you open particularly stubborn jars, but I can't recall it. It worked really well, too.

It figures that I would forget it right as I want a PB&J sandwich and the jelly jar decides it doesn't like me anymore. :(

There's a very simple spell I use a lot to help keep negative energies away (helps very much when I'm at my mother's). Just take a moment and relax, concentrate on your breathing and clearing your mind of worries. Then when you feel ready, visualize a white orb coming from inside you and surrounding you. Once you have that image in your mind, continue to concentrate in it until you can feel the energy around you, then slowly let the color of the orb turn to a shimmering golden. Concentrate until the energy begins to feel solid (like a shield). It's simple, yet effective.

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
I just bang the jar on the side of the counter and beat it to death with a knife. I swear I'm not psycho.

xhouseboy

In the Yellow Woods
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just curse at it for five minutes. Never seems to listen, though. Then I curse the people who manufactured it (this takes another five minutes and produces an equally unsuccessful outcome).

Then I hurl it back into the darkness of a food cupboard where it belongs, and have a chocolate biscuit instead, until, months later, and with its expiry date fast approaching, round two commences.

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, that may not be the most effective way to opening a jar, but it sure sounds fun!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Tsuki, the thread you just started reminded me of a spell I used to work until I got some sense smacked back into me. (reminded me because of the intense warning you gave - I got one of those and still worked this over...and over...and OVER)

If a lighter won't light, you simply call Djinn (and pronounce it correctly). That goofy green lighter of mine lit for about 3 months straight after it ran out of fluid. Let me say that you shouldn't call on Djinn to light a flippin' lighter, but it's good to know in a pinch.

After an awe inspiring appearance in my living room one night that dumbfounded hubby and me (and ran off a good friend), I never used THAT one again. That was back in my "not so smart" days.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Regarding stubborn jars, I carry mine to hubby with a pitiful, helpless look on my face. Jar gets opened, hubby gets a minor ego boost and all is right in the kitchen again.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I think there's a common misconception that spellwork absolutely MUST include lengthy preparation, complete and total silence, and (ideally) an absence of other human beings in the house.
I think it's a common misconception because so many of us are incredibly undisciplined people who need that total lack of distraction. I used to be like you in that I could easily cast on the fly, but that has left me in recent years. Now I need an empty house, the dog penned up in the bedroom, a MAJOR cleansing bath and all the trappings. I'm looking forward to the day when I regain what I have lost in the past couple of years. Hubby says it's not uncommon for people to cycle in and out. I hope he's right because at the moment, I am much more of an "armchair witch" than anything else.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I know what I need. I need a "Reveal" Spell. I know that I used to have one in one of my journals somewhere, but we're moving and storage and closets and two houses, oh my.

Someone threw me under the bus at work yesterday to the point where all I can do right now with my boss is nod and say that I'm sorry she perceived it that way. It's complete and TOTAL bullshit, but I can't say that right now. Right now I have to be compliant with boss lady and wait for Ms. Motormouth (there may be two of them involved, actually) to hang herself. How can I help her come into the open? I have my theories, but I want her to show herself. Because it would be sweeter that way. :D (Karma be damned, right?)

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I think it's a common misconception because so many of us are incredibly undisciplined people who need that total lack of distraction. I used to be like you in that I could easily cast on the fly, but that has left me in recent years. Now I need an empty house, the dog penned up in the bedroom, a MAJOR cleansing bath and all the trappings. I'm looking forward to the day when I regain what I have lost in the past couple of years. Hubby says it's not uncommon for people to cycle in and out. I hope he's right because at the moment, I am much more of an "armchair witch" than anything else.

Longer rituals actually distract me occasionally. I save them for the Sabbats most of the time, and even then I usually opt for just casting a circle, raising energies, having a picnic, and dancing around.

I used to prefer casting quicky spells, without any formal structure or tools, and they worked perfectly well.

Now that I've become more serious in my practice, I take more time and consideration into them. I still spend most of the my time making sachets, amulets, doing herbal workings, etc, instead of longer spells, though.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I know what I need. I need a "Reveal" Spell. I know that I used to have one in one of my journals somewhere, but we're moving and storage and closets and two houses, oh my.

Someone threw me under the bus at work yesterday to the point where all I can do right now with my boss is nod and say that I'm sorry she perceived it that way. It's complete and TOTAL bullshit, but I can't say that right now. Right now I have to be compliant with boss lady and wait for Ms. Motormouth (there may be two of them involved, actually) to hang herself. How can I help her come into the open? I have my theories, but I want her to show herself. Because it would be sweeter that way. :D (Karma be damned, right?)

I used to have an amazing collection of spells for stuff like this, curiously name the "Chameleon Charms", and they dealt with everything regarding concealment- people lying, invisibility, love affairs, finding old socks- basically, everything and anything that could be considered "hidden". I'll look around for them. I received these spells LONG before I had a Grimoire, and I haven't used them in years, so it might take some searching.

EDIT- I vaguely remember of the invisibility Chameleon Charm, but forgive me if I'm off a little on it:

The chameleon dances in the glade,
He blends, he shifts, and now he's shade,
I change myself to meet the need,
My essence now no one can see,
As I will, so mote it be.

Imagine a protection, concealing silver aura wrapping around you, averting the eyes of those surrounding you. Tighten your muscles as you collect energy, for it helps to strengthen the charm- much like a shield or a wall, if you will.

I believe the color theme was black and silver, and you anoint all 13 chakras. However, I can't remember the corresponding oils and herbs.I do remember that a universal fluid condenser was recommended, but optional. However, I often used it without physical manifestations of the color scheme, and I used whatever herbs I had available that met the needs best (protection herbs work well, and if your need for invisibility involves someone being hostile towards you, put whole cloves in your pocket or string them together as a necklace), and it worked fine for me (I usually used it in a pinch).

Be sure to send the energy back into the earth.

Last edited: