PDA

View Full Version : The things we wrote while <high, under the influence, hallucinating>

maestrowork
02-23-2007, 05:33 AM
Go ahead... look around your office, home, on your desk, inside the drawers, etc. There's got to be something you can post here...

I just found this treasure; I had no idea when or why I wrote this:

Here in the wilderness of my soul I call upon the power of god to smite those who dare to disobey. 123456231552

William Haskins
02-23-2007, 06:11 AM
I, a pebble
Dropped into an ocean,
A whisper in the storm,
A vibration on the water,

My energy spreads
In rings and fadesó

And I am swallowed,
Smooth as glass.

scarletpeaches
02-23-2007, 06:13 AM
I'm out with a friend tomorrow night so there will probably be a whole lotta people getting drunken texts along the lines of, "I luv u ur my bezzy mate really rilly luv ya MWAH xxxxx"

Does that count?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
02-23-2007, 06:43 AM
What?! Well... I never! And that's the truth, too. I didn't smoke it, didn't inhale it, and I *never* had sex with *that* woman.

kristie911
02-23-2007, 07:16 AM
I never write under the influence of anything...I'm too busy doing something stupid or embarassing. However, I do have a history of writing while depressed...nothing is worse than that! It's horrible, horrible, depressing as hell, writing. No one wants me to share that...

P.H.Delarran
02-23-2007, 10:32 AM
There's got to be something you can post here...

no way.

TsukiRyoko
02-23-2007, 10:56 AM
While the moonlight sheds itself on the tattered piece of linen
Sorrow fills the world
With something that looks like Jell-O

...Yeeeaaaaahh.....

kct webber
02-23-2007, 11:26 AM
I wrote while high, once. Then the munchies came. So I ate it.

Sean D. Schaffer
02-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine...

Oh, something I wrote while high? Hmmm...

Will 'psychotic' work? I wrote a lot of things while psychotic.

The only question I have here is, does anyone really want to read something a crazy man wrote?

I wrote a novella once when I was psychotic. I don't think it's quite short enough to be posted here, though...

Nakhlasmoke
02-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I write truly bad poetry while under the influence (of red wine). Maudlin crap that should be drowned in a bucket of its own vomit.

i give you emo!nakhlasmoke:

you smoke with a casual calculated grace
breathe circles out - when you should be breathing in
straight lines
sharp as fences
you think I'm small and I think you're smaller still
and yet
when I see you smile that
sharp smile crooked in sarcasm
masquarading as something deeper
pretending to be a sneer
when I know you are only trying
to hide those things you refuse
You will not feel my fingertips
my stroke along your lips chin across the curve of your breast
your wrinkled nipple
you refuse
and in your refusal I know the taste of things that could have been

And no, i have no memory of writing it.

Serenity
02-23-2007, 05:13 PM
I don't write while under the influence. (And that's alcohol, never tried anything else.) I talk. And talk. And talk. So, mostly I plot while under the influence.

MidnightMuse
02-23-2007, 07:30 PM
The only time I tried to write under any influence, it came out like:

sdfiu fuo, fI
Badua, dsofu sodi enaf ifosduf !!!

Bmwhtly
02-23-2007, 07:51 PM
I woke up with a hangover once, turned on my computer to do some work.

The screensaver had magically turned into:

Did you know that "if" is the middle word in "Life"

I'll never drink Absinthe again.

Jaycinth
02-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Read my previous 5,000(+) posts, and try to tell me that is the work of someone sober.

Jaycinth
02-23-2007, 08:18 PM
I'll never drink Absinthe again.

You've said that every single morning for the past 31.5 years.......

MidnightMuse
02-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Mmmm, Absinthe. It's not just for breakfast anymore :D

TsukiRyoko
02-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Read my previous 5,000(+) posts, and try to tell me that is the work of someone sober.
I knew your daughter had to be getting the steady stash from somewhere.... *flees*

writerterri
02-23-2007, 08:19 PM
I found nothing.

Bmwhtly
02-23-2007, 08:21 PM
You've said that every single morning for the past 31.5 years.......You mean my mother was drinking absinthe when she was pregnant?
That figures.

Vincent
02-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Hey, this has given me an idea. How about an anthology of stories, poetry and everything that doesn't fit anything else, all written while the author was out of it. We can call it 'Under the Influence'.

Because, unless there's the possibility of money to lure me, no-one's ever going to see my God-awful drunken poetry.

Jaycinth
02-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey, this has given me an idea. How about an anthology of stories, poetry and everything that doesn't fit anything else, all written while the author was out of it. We can call it 'Under the Influence'.

Because, unless there's the possibility of money to lure me, no-one's ever going to see my God-awful drunken poetry.

Do you realize what you just said out loud in a room full of psychopaths with writing skills?

Carole
02-23-2007, 09:34 PM
I have a journal filled with this stuff. It ain't pretty! I also have a scary looking painting done in black-light finger paints. ~laughing~ The idea behind it was the struggle between God and the devil or more specifically, good and evil. Creeps me out to this day.

C.bronco
02-23-2007, 09:48 PM

Chicken Soup for the Drunken Soul

C.bronco
02-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Do you realize what you just said out loud in a room full of psychopaths with writing skills?
But I thought it was a good idea. Oh. wait a minute while I do the math.

Melina
02-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Okay--even though this is going to be truly embarrassing, I'm going to go ahead and post this. I wrote this hideous song (??) in my (very much) younger years, when I'd had too much to drink, and I still thought I had a shot at being a rock star:

You and your bedroom eyes
You really studied up on the old standard lines
But when it came down to do or die,
your words had you beat by a mile.

You weren't as amazing as you said you'd be--
I can't really say I'm surprized.
You said you'd be the one to sweep me off my feet,
but you weren't, so go home now, I'm trying to sleep.

There was more, but thankfully I can't remember it...

Barf-o-rama!

Stew21
02-23-2007, 10:49 PM
I already confessed (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=646330#post646330).

arrowqueen
02-24-2007, 03:28 AM
In my ideas notebook:

'30,000 VOLTS!!!!'

Pardon?