WIP Sigh

Cav Guy

Living in the backstory
Registered
Reaction score
Just put the finishing touches on a 70k word traditional western. Now I've got an 82k one in fourth draft stage, the 70k waiting for its second look, and a 171k historical Western that needs a second look as well. Two more historicals are in research and draft mode, and the collection of short stories is at about 25k right now. Way too much fun...:)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I might have a lead on a paying market for those stories if you're interested. It's online, so the pay isn't great. I know the editor. I haven't talked with him in a while so I don't know whether they're still looking for stuff or not. At one time they were looking for westerns to serialize.

Cav Guy

Living in the backstory
Registered
Reaction score
I'll PM you about that, alleycat, once I get them in good enough shape to be published.

I did send one (the 81K third draft version) out to an agent, and got the "not really my thing" response (which is why it's now in fourth draft mode). The others aren't quite ready for prime time, at least as far as I'm concerned. Others might have a different opinion, though.:)