I'm so freakin' bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupaCoopa

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying desperately not to complain and gripe but, after writing article after article of boring web content, I can't help it. I know I should be grateful (or whatever) that I have a paying (albeit extraordinarily low), relatively consistent writing gig but if I have to write another article about hair care products or incontinence, I think I may implode. Strangely, now that I've said that, I feel a bit better. I'm thinking big happy thoughts about getting my work out to other places (where my name will actually be mentioned on the article) but, at the moment, I'm toiling away in the corner, hacking up web content about nothing in particular and everything that is of no interest to me. Thanks for reading and allowing me to sound like a total brat for a minute. If I were five years old, I'd be down on the floor right now kicking and screaming "But I don't wanna write that!!!"

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry you're stuck writing boring stuff but at least you're getting paid for it. I'm writing web content too but so far all my articles have been rejected because of technical errors. I got a rejection tonight from a year old submission and I have so frigging much stuff out there it isn't funny yet nobody nobody nobody responds to me and if they do it's a rejection. I knocked myself out all weekend to no avail and so I have to work every day this week at the day job and am so exhausted from that I can't even think about writing. I know I should stop whining, but isn't there ever a time you're supposed to get rewarded for hard work? Doesn't it apply to writing?

Saundra Julian

A work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
I know that feeling. I used to write TV and radio commercials. I loved it most of the time, but when the client wanted “plain Jane” (My apology to Jane) copy it got really boring. One good thing, the copy was short, thirty to sixty seconds and shooting the video helped to break the monotony.

Media people are nuts, ya know… :D
I wrote a sizable contract for a fertilizer company… organic, no less! Yeah, the jokes flew in the sales dept! Production gave me some big grins too, wondering what I would come up with for them to shoot.

Not wanting to disappoint anyone, I wrote one hell of a commercial, one that could never be aired...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.