Pagans?

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
Pagans: as in following the old nature-is-god use of the word, or pagans as in people who do not follow the rules of one set religion?

I take bits and pieces from all the religions I encounter - but as religion is not universal (like gravity is, for example) I find I can't commit to one. I believe in gravity as I have never been anywhere that gravity was not accepted, believed and known. Religions don't have this universal acceptance – and I reckon that if there was a God, we would all know, like the way we all know and accept gravity.

I do love the idea of religion thou - and I really wish I believed in praying cause that would be a cool way of remembering what is great in your life and goal-setting/planning-what-you-want-to-happen (the "God can I have a new 2-wheel bike" part of praying).

I find religions absolutely fascinating and would love to believe in one. I am a little jealous of all those who do.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Pagans: as in following the old nature-is-god use of the word, or pagans as in people who do not follow the rules of one set religion?

I take bits and pieces from all the religions I encounter - but as religion is not universal (like gravity is, for example) I find I can't commit to one. I believe in gravity as I have never been anywhere that gravity was not accepted, believed and known. Religions don't have this universal acceptance – and I reckon that if there was a God, we would all know, like the way we all know and accept gravity.

I do love the idea of religion thou - and I really wish I believed in praying cause that would be a cool way of remembering what is great in your life and goal-setting/planning-what-you-want-to-happen (the "God can I have a new 2-wheel bike" part of praying).

I find religions absolutely fascinating and would love to believe in one. I am a little jealous of all those who do.
Pagans as in old-nature-is-god.

I'm much the same way as you are. I have a lot of different beliefs, pulled from different religions or from my own experiences, and while Wicca feels the most home for me, I still consider myself a general Pagan.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I'm just a good old fashioned witch. No wicca or whatever the kids are calling it these days.
All the women in my family, for hundreds of years, walk the walk of the dipped ( ya know...baptised), but at home we practice the old ways. Herbal medicine, healing, scrying -muwahahahaha...sorry - shtuff like that.

When people ask me If I'm a good witch or a bad witch, I say yes ;)

I'm all about the Goddess and the sanctity of life - the three fold law, An it Do No Harm and such, but I can't stand by if someone is being harmed. It's my job to do something. I'm not a pacifist.
I guess I could be considered slightly druidic. Growing up in Ireland, our coven was definitely unique by American standards.

That's where I'm coming from.
Woo hoo. Blessed be all y'all :snoopy:

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score

Pagan, witch, practitioner of good old hillbilly witchcraft, what have you. As a sideline, I'm also a polytheist. I'll work in anybody's pantheon, in a pinch.

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster-thumb.jpg

Last edited:

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just a pagan communing with nature - and looking for that spell to turn managers who try to "adjust" their own calendars into frogs...

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Me. Wittan. Which is a Wiccan from Ireland. Same basic priciples, different Goddesses, and the occasional different Sabbat. I also use a dash of Dianic in there, since it was my first introduction to the Wiccan ways.

Come on down to the pagan board, Tsuki... we all kinda hang out there.

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Neo-pagan eclectic here.
I haven't actually settled on any one path, but follow that which speaks to me.
If there's a more appropriate term than the one I use, please tell me.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I've been on a Celtic traditionalist path since I was about 19, but last year I joined a Wiccan coven.

I'm your basic dirt-worshipping, ancestor-revering, communing-with-nature kitchen witch.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've been on a Celtic traditionalist path since I was about 19, but last year I joined a Wiccan coven.

I'm your basic dirt-worshipping, ancestor-revering, communing-with-nature kitchen witch.
I love climbing trees and and singing/reading a book/swinging from the branches/etc. That's my own personal little thing I do to feel the most connected with nature. But man, do I get strange looks for it. Everyone around here thinks I'm a crank head :(.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Me. Wittan. Which is a Wiccan from Ireland. Same basic priciples, different Goddesses, and the occasional different Sabbat. I also use a dash of Dianic in there, since it was my first introduction to the Wiccan ways.

Come on down to the pagan board, Tsuki... we all kinda hang out there.
Will do!

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
...and looking for that spell to turn managers who try to "adjust" their own calendars into frogs...
Hahaha. I tried to find a spell that gave herpes to anyone who looked through my journal in the sixth grade. It didn't work, but full-fledged puberty mysteriously hit me in about a week flat (record breaking time for my family).

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
:hi:

Pagan, witch, practitioner of good old hillbilly witchcraft, what have you. As a sideline, I'm also a polytheist. I'll work in anybody's pantheon, in a pinch.
In WV, "good old hillbilly witchcraft" has changed from the nature-respecting perspectives, Olde practices, and odd should-never-work-but-does cures to "Nemotizine", a stinky pink paste which cures colds, bronchitis, and sucks out splinters. It also apparently heals broken bones, wards away evil energy, makes hair grow back, and cures cancer, from what I've heard. :D

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
Neo-pagan eclectic here.
I haven't actually settled on any one path, but follow that which speaks to me.
If there's a more appropriate term than the one I use, please tell me.

I use "Non-denominational Neo-Pagan" ":p I do pretty much what you do :)
I don't consider myself a witch although I do some occasional rune readings and other "witchy" stuff.
I don't name deities or anything and I couldn't quite put into words how I experience hin/her/it/them... We need a word that'll encompass the whole not-gendered-and-not-countable thing :D

Jenan Mac

The Deadliest Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
"Nemotizine", a stinky pink paste which cures colds, bronchitis, and sucks out splinters. It also apparently heals broken bones, wards away evil energy, makes hair grow back, and cures cancer, from what I've heard. :D

I googled and found "Numotizine Cataplasm Ointment". I like that word, cataplasm. Sounds like something you'd find in a short story over on the Horror board.

My mother used to ascribe the same universal lifesaving qualities to Watkin's Salve (which, near as I can tell, was bag balm). But she was from New York, and probably had no idea what bag balm even is.

Jenan Mac

The Deadliest Bunny
Registered
Reaction score

That's pretty much what mine translates out to, as well. Though the nuances are changing now that the next generation has grown up and is starting to take over some of the responsibilities. Now that's freaky-feeling.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little kitchen witch. I belong to a Wiccan coven that also does a lot of hardcore ritual magick like Enochian, etc. but I don't care for heavy ritual myself, and I don't actually consider myself Wiccan. Goofy, I know.

I just went to Pantheacon this last weekend, which is a HUGE pagan convention in California. AWESOME time.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
I'd LOVE to be able to read runes. Or even Tarot cards well. Alas, 'tis not my gift. I've tried over and over - I have two decks, but for some reason the card meanings escape me, except for a few.

I've got one heck of a punch, spellwise, though. I won't tell you what happened to me before I knew better and cast something... not... nice...

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I read tarot, and my husband reads runes. It's a lot of fun (pm me if you have a question).

I also want to learn to read tea leaves, but I haven't bought a tea set yet.

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Me! Though, I guess most everyone here already knew that. I was raised Wiccan, and while I've researched a lot of other religions, I've always been more or less Pagan. Like Tsuki said, I tend to borrow from whatever theology I find attractive, so I'm not exactly a Wiccan in the strictest sense of the word, but I am most certainly Pagan.