PDA

View Full Version : Question on formatting

torrentwaters
02-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Should you add line spacing to your sub? I understand this makes it easier to read, so if there’s no set criteria for your ms, should you do single spaced sentences with line breaks?

PeeDee
02-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Not quite sure what you mean here, but if you're asking if there should be

a space between your lines, then yes, absolutely. Even if they don't explicitly

say so. It just makes things easier to read.

torrentwaters
02-20-2007, 06:37 PM
What I'm talking about is a paragraph then one or two spaces between that one and the next.

alleycat
02-20-2007, 06:45 PM
I would double-space the whole thing, then indent the paragraphs with no extra lines between.

PeeDee
02-20-2007, 06:46 PM
If you're sending the story inside of an e-mail, then that's the standard way to do it, same as you'd put spaces between paragraphs on a message board.

In a regular separate file, nope. Just press enter, tab over, start your new paragraph. And then when you reformat it to put a line between every line (double-spaced) then it'll have a line between paragraphs. You don't need too much white space, so limit to that.

roach
02-20-2007, 06:47 PM
There's a post on standard manuscript formatting here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26126).

torrentwaters
02-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Okay thanks guys I wasn't sure about that, the link helped. I'm definitely going to save and print that off for farther reference.