PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever shared their Memior here at AW?

writerterri
02-20-2007, 05:37 AM
If so, where did you post it? If not where would be the best place in SYW to post some of mine?

calamity
02-20-2007, 07:43 AM
There's a nonfiction section in the post forum. Not sure if it's for critique or what. I skimmed through there and didn't see any 'memoirs'--but there were some life story type things and essays. What's your memoir about?

AmyBA
02-20-2007, 08:00 AM
I think the nonfiction SYW board is probably the best place. Good luck!

writerterri
02-20-2007, 09:15 PM
There's a nonfiction section in the post forum. Not sure if it's for critique or what. I skimmed through there and didn't see any 'memoirs'--but there were some life story type things and essays. What's your memoir about?

It's my life story. In short, I was molested by my father and around a dozen other people and when I told on my dad he killed himself. My mom has been a drug addict all my life and recently killed herself by her own addiction. I want to incorporate coping skills in my book for other women and men and help them to take their life back.

writerterri
02-20-2007, 09:16 PM
I think the nonfiction SYW board is probably the best place. Good luck!

I thought it best also.

Thanks! (both)

calamity
02-24-2007, 12:52 AM
You might also post it in the fiction forum. If your memoir reads like more like a "story" than an "essay" all of the craft elements for storytelling will apply.