Why is it that I only have two days of peace then something else happens?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I'm so sorry to hear that, Terri. That's horrible. Be there for your hubby. It's going to be tough. (p.s. my grandfather was murdered, too, but that was before I was born. It was never easy for the family...)

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
Yeek!! Terri, that is AWFUL.

Don't worry about being alone. Just keep busy, and your hubby will be back in no time. If you can't sleep, pull his pillow down next to your back, under the covers, so it feels like someone is there.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Terri, I'm so sorry. There's really nothing I can say that will help. Just be strong--you can do it.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry Terri, be strong--:Hug2: for hubby and kids.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Geez, Terri! I'm so very sorry. You've had to survive so many heartaches this past year.

Just know our thoughts and/or prayers are with you and your family.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
:eek: Holy shit, Terri! Doesn't Fate figure you have enough on your plate as it is? This is unbelievable! You've had to deal with way more than someone with your good heart should ever have to....

The only advice I can really offer is be there for your husband, and know we'll be here for you. Love you, Terri :)

Last edited:

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
It is so hard, I know. You'll get through it. You have no other choice.

Since misery loves company, I had a friend that was murdered, too. We had only known each other a little while but it was one of those rare relationships that just clicked. Her body was found behind a 7-11 in a run-down part of town. Her loss hurt me a lot.

I'm so sorry for your pain. Hugs.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2::Hug2:
Your family continues in my prayers.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:eek: Holy shit, Terri! Doesn't Fate figure you have enough on your plate as it is? This is unbelievable! You've had to deal with way more than someone with your good heart should ever have to....

The only advice I can really offer is be there for your husband, and know we'll be here for you. Love you, Terri :)

I'm in such shock I can't even cry. I don't have anymore tears, I used them all up in six months.

My husband has just been walking around the house cleaning. He's in shock too. I've never known anyone who's been murdered.

His dad's lifestyle was soaked with alcohol and money. The situation that the news didn't state, was toxic. The disoriented man, Octavian, was a 40 year family friend. He suffered a stroke and was very wealthy and Herman, My hubby's dad, offered to move him in. The other guy that was shot in the face, is a nurse and offered to help. Well, they all drank excessively and Octavian said, to other family members of my husbands, that they were abusing him. My husband suggest they get him out of there, but no one ever did. Now this.

It's a shame.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Holy Jeez, Terri. That's awful. I'm giving you a hug right now.

See if someone can stay with you and the kids for the night. I'll be thinking of you.

I would but they'd have to fly in and the one who could come has to take care of kids.

I'm just going to keep AW open the whole time he's gone. I'll feel better that way. I don't do alone very well. I'll keep checking in and posting to get me through. I have a cop who lives upstairs from me and a very loud scream. I'll let him know what my situation is and the rest of my family. My brother's father in law is a judge here and he has cop friends. And what the heck, I'll alert the media. *grin*

I'll be okay. I just haven't had him be the one to leave the house in the 14 years we've together. It's always been me. Now I'll know how it feels. :cry:

He had the kids all sleep in the bed with him while I was in the hospital for a week. I'm going to do the same.

How'd anyone else cope?

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It helps me, Terri, to think of an hour at a time. Or even half-hours, sometimes. You're a strong woman, Terri. It hurts like hell, but you know you'll make it. We'll hold your hope for you and with you.