Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia Nevitt

Anywhere but here, anywhen but now
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tianevitt.com
I got a rejection from Weird Tales for my psychological supernatural horror with-a-Christian-twist short story. I submitted there because I knew that they published Christian-themed stories in the past. While it was a personal rejection, it was not very encouraging. At least they told me what was wrong with it -- they "had too much trouble telling what was going on". Since the story opens with a guy waking up trapped in a dark place, it was meant to be confusing.

However, I'm not one to ignore advice from the "editorial horde" at WT, so I am working on it.

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
At least they let you know what you need to work on. Don't let it get you down. If you do then the sick and twisted finger of Fate wins.

johnzakour

Dangerous with a Keyboard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnzakour.com
I got a rejection from Weird Tales for my psychological supernatural horror with-a-Christian-twist short story. I submitted there because I knew that they published Christian-themed stories in the past. While it was a personal rejection, it was not very encouraging. At least they told me what was wrong with it -- they "had too much trouble telling what was going on". Since the story opens with a guy waking up trapped in a dark place, it was meant to be confusing.

Sorry about the rejection, but I don't think you should ever mean to be confusing especially in a short story. If I'm reading a short story I like to be entertained not confused. If I find a story confusing I stop reading. I have a very simple mind.

You can show a sense of confusion without being confusing.

Just my 2 dollars worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.