Anyone not freezin' their cute little tushes off?:)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Man, even in Florida it's cold, but can't complain compared to some areas of the country. Are you guys stayin' warm and cozy at least indoors, hopefully. Here's a :Hug2: for more warmth and it's free too.:)

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
It's unseasonably warm here -- 55 F -- and we haven't gotten any snow at all this winter. We usually get about four inches in a season. My bulbs are coming up.

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
It's unseasonably warm here -- 55 F -- and we haven't gotten any snow at all this winter. We usually get about four inches in a season. My bulbs are coming up.
It's funny that you should say that 55F is warm! Like Susie, I am a Floridian and that is darn cold to us! Last night the low was in the high twenties, and I thought I was going to die! Today, the high was like, 60 and I was still cold! I don't know how all your northerners do it!

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
It's funny that you should say that 55F is warm! Like Susie, I am a Floridian and that is darn cold to us! Last night the low was in the high twenties, and I thought I was going to die! Today, the high was like, 60 and I was still cold! I don't know how all your northerners do it!

I was born and raised in Los Angeles! When we moved up here, twelve years ago, I didn't go outside in winter without thermal socks, two sweat suits, a hat, and a heavy coat. Now it turns 40 F and I go out in a cotton shirt and jeans. I guess I'm acclimated.

BottomlessCup

Getting settled
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know how all your northerners do it!

'Cause we're not sissies?

It was below freezing for a while last month in Vegas and it was hilarious listening to people talk about it: "I was driving to work today and there was ice in the gutter. Ice! I couldn't belive it."

They we're putting pictures of frozen puddles on the news. On the frickin' news.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Oh, you wusses! It was -21C here yesterday morning. Let's see, in Farenheit that's... multiply by two, carry the four... Gahhh! Anyway, it's cold. Knock on my tushie and it will go 'clang'!

My neighbour winters in Port Richey, FL and she complained yesterday that she had to put on a sweater to weed the garden. Poor Lilian!

They said that January was the warmest on record in our area. Tell that to my heating bill.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
cold and snowy in my part Suse...stay warm :)

tela

Registered
Reaction score
I’m originally from the Adirondacks and moved to Maryland. I thought everyone was crazy wearing winter coats when it was still in the 40’s, closing school for an inch of snow geez it took a blizzard to close school when I was a kid and then only for a day.

Boy does time change a person. Here I am 10 years later still in Maryland, its 30 and I feel like a popsicle!

Pass the hot chocolate please!:Coffee:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I'm halfway between Atlanta and the GA/TN/NC border, and I can't wait for the Global Warming thing to get to our neck of the woods. It seems like we in Hicksville are always the last ones to get anything modern. I understand Blue Ridge still has people who get their corn from a jar. Shouldn't complain too much, I do have DSL.

Oh, the weather. Freezing, light flurries. The online radar map shows snow between Huntsville and Chattanooga, and it's coming my way.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in Southern Middle Tennessee, and we've had more snow here than we have had in the three years. And, we really haven't had any accumulation either. It hasn't gotten over 35 degrees in about a week. I know everyone up North has it worse than we do, but it's just that I'm not used to it.

reniewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Mid 40s and sunny in the forecast for my neck of the woods, Susie. That will feel like a heat wave after a frigid couple of weeks. But the birds are already singing, and my jonquils have buds on them, so spring is on the way. Yay!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's cold here, and it snowed this weekend.

But . . . it's suppose to be almost 60F degs. for the high for most of the rest of the week (65 Friday).

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
Man, even in Florida it's cold, but can't complain compared to some areas of the country.

Oh good lord. 55 degrees? Yeah, I feel for ya up here in New York.

Actually, I love the cold. Everyone complains so much, it's kind of fun, and I enjoy the sensation of being cold. :)

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
It's cold here, and it snowed this weekend.

But . . . it's suppose to be almost 60F degs. for the high for most of the rest of the week (65 Friday).

OMG! Not 65F?! How will you ever stand it!

It's like 15 here this morning. And snowing...again...still. Whatever.

The good news is tomorrow it's supposed to get up to freezing. Lucky us.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes, it sure is cold where you guys are. I'm gonna have to wear my parka just to show my support! It's cold here too, though, but not like that. Stay warm, k. :Hug2: to that end.