PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, I need your help

Southern_girl29
02-18-2007, 03:12 AM
Can you give me 10 things you wished your husband realized about you, your relationship or things he could/can do? For example, I wish my husband realized that vacuuming is sexy. Or that taking care of our three-year-old is sexy. Those kinds of things would be what I'm looking for. I'm going to be querying a few men's magazines with a story idea of 100 things women wished you knew or approximately like that. Thanks in advance.

Little Red Barn
02-18-2007, 03:54 AM
See what I can go up with..
wish
--He realized I like sleeping in his threadbare tshirts and quit buying me Vicky Secret clothes.
-- that I hate grocery shopping
--that its ok, I'll eat his pb&j sandwiches rather than cook
-- that I like asking for directions, and it okay to ask for directions while lost, almost on empty and you are just getting ready to pass the last gas station for 50 miles and I need to pee.
--that its sexy to change the cat litter pan
--that I can not reach the freakn' 10 ft ceiling to change the lightbulb
-- that if he keeps his hunting hobby going for more than 3 mo. a year I will continually overdose his hunting clothes with loud detergents and flowery fabric sheets
-- that I love to dance...and I don't think his dance moves are stupid...well he could use a few lessons.
---that if he continues to build me snoman familys in my front yard I will be creative with mine and give the mamma sno woman size 38 D boobs
---that I really really don't care what my neighbors think
There..

Mom'sWrite
02-18-2007, 06:48 AM
Well, this looks like fun but I'm not convinced that reading such things will have any effect at all on the guys. In my experience, they are pretty much immune to invaluable insights such as these. In guy-speak, I think it's called nagging.;)

I narrowed the list a lot to keep it to ten.

I wish my DH realized that I really do need all my shoes and that having more than two pair does not qualify me for the Imelda Marcos Hall of Fame.

Same goes for my handbags.

I wish he realized that reading books, posts, news articles, blogs, poetry or literary criticism is not a frivolous waste of time.

I wish he realized the same thing about writing stories, outlines, books, screenplays, or even really bad poetry.

I wish he knew that when I'm reading, I'm not emotionally, spiritually or physically available for conversation about engine displacement.

I wish he realized that standing in the middle of room asking rhetorical questions to anyone who happens by is just plain weird.

I wish he knew that he speaks the very same language that we taught the children. If he wants them to do something or stop doing something, he need not come to me to translate his message to them.

I wish he understood that I love to snuggle after lovemaking (like we have time for that, ha), but I hate being touched while I'm sleeping. I'm not a spooner, never was, never will be.

I wish he got that I am not the keeper of small, crumpled up corners of papers that bear indispensible phone numbers.

I wish he realized that asking me to do something or get something or find something while I'm talking on the phone, dealing with a screaming child, or sleeping does not mean that one word of the request registered and that my lack of response to the request does not indicate that I'm mad at him or attempting to piss him off.

If you don't like those, I got lots more.

Soccer Mom
02-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Hmmm

1. ditto on the don't touch me when I'm sleeping. I don't want to spoon next to Mr. 100 degrees of body heat.

2. I'm not the only one who can get up with a sick kid during the night

3. Pajamas are sexier than tighty whiteys.

4. I don't always need that much foreplay. Sometimes I just want the quickie.

5. I love dancing with him. Yes, I know that he's a no-rhythm white boy, but I like it anyway. I don't care that people stare

6. There is no underwear fairy. I throw away the old ones and replace them with new ones. It isn't magic. It would be nice if he would dispose of the holey undies and socks himself.

7. Yes, I need four pairs of black shoes. Boots, open-toed pumps, close toed-pumps, and flat sandals are very different.

8. I hate going to his work functions. I don't make him go to mine. I don't think his co-workers would care one way or another if I went to his.

That should start you out. :)

tela
02-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Lets see I wish my husband:

Put me on the hands off while sleeping list. (glad to know Iím not the only one!) I canít stand his breathing down my neck while Iím trying to sleep, not to mention the snoring.

Realized I get sick some times too. When I do I need some help and telling me you donít need to eat is not helping. Cooking with out being told to even just grilled cheese is a big help.

Would just hold me when I get upset, thatís it. He doesnít need to figure out how to fix everything.

knew how to use a phone book and the telephone, especially when he is the one with the information not me. Itís a real pain and embarrassing to have to say hang on let me ask my husband when I am the one who called.

Knew how irritating it is when Iím talking to some one on the phone and he constantly interrupts with his dumb jokes he wants me to relay to the person.

Realized when a my office door is shut its to keep everyone out, not just everyone but him.

Realized there is life after children. We raised 4 great kids who are now happy well adjusted productive adults. (one is 17 but thatís close enough) we are still young its time for US.

Worrying too much about the future ruins the present.

Antique shops really do call my name and I MUST stop in every one.

knew how much I want to have one hour at home with him awake with out that @%&% work 2 way radio going off. Its worse than a cell phone. At least with a phone all I hear is the ringing and his end of the conversation. With the radio its ďhey I need some one here to get that elevator shaft fixed.Ē
It would be so nice to toss that thing in the bay. Then he would have to stop working for a while.

How's that for a few? I can come up with more if you need:)

Mom'sWrite
02-18-2007, 09:13 AM
2. I'm not the only one who can get up with a sick kid during the night

Ohh. I like this one. Tack it on my list too, please.

Southern_girl29
02-18-2007, 09:22 AM
These are great, ladies. Keep them coming.

Mandy-Jane
02-18-2007, 09:41 AM
I wish:

1. he would stop leaving his dirty socks on the floor where he takes them off;

2. he would understand that just because I want to have a kiss and a cuddle, doesn't mean I want to have sex;

3. he would stop interrupting me;

4. just once he would arrive home from work without his mobile phone attached to his ear;

5. he would pull the shower curtain back across after his shower so that it doesn't dry scrunched up and go mouldy;

6. he would start sitting with the kids at night as they go off to sleep instead of me having to do it every single night;

7. he would spend more time with the family than in front of his computer watching downloaded episodes of "Lost";

8. he would really listen;

9. he would understand that a messy house really does make me depressed;

10. he would toss and turn in bed a lot less!

Mandy-Jane
02-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Oh, and one more thing:

I wish he would stop walking past the toilet to go outside and have a wee! Why can't he just do it inside like I do?

johnrobison
02-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Oh, and one more thing:

I wish he would stop walking past the toilet to go outside and have a wee! Why can't he just do it inside like I do?

What a remarkable statement. You must live in the country.

When I was a small child my great-grandfather would walk out the screen door, turn and walk to the end of the long porch, and pee off the side.

My grandfather did the same.

Even after working in the fields, he was more likely to pee off the porch then to have peed in the field.

Now, years later, I live in a house in the woods, and I too pee off the back porch.

I wonder why that is? Your description make me think it's more common than I realized.

kristie911
02-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Well, I'm divorced now but these are just a few things that come to mind:

I don't mind if you watch sports, I'll even sit in the same room but don't interrupt my reading to make me watch a replay. I don't care.

The bills do not get paid on their own.

Nor do the dishes or the laundry. Ditto the toilet cleaning itself.

Just because you have checks in the checkbook does not mean we have money in the account.

Do not wake me up to tell me you're going to get a haircut. Chances are, I won't even have noticed you left. (remember, I work nights...he didn't)

I know you hear the baby crying...quit pretending you don't.

I don't mind if you fish and hunt, but let me have outside interests too.

Okay, that's only 7 but that's all I can think of off-hand. Maybe I'll come up with some more later!

Mandy-Jane
02-19-2007, 01:20 AM
What a remarkable statement. You must live in the country.

I wonder why that is? Your description make me think it's more common than I realized.

Yes we do live in the country. Our ensuite has a door that leads outside, so off he goes, walking straight past the toilet. Very strange I say.

I think it is fairly common too, at least among the men I know.

stormie
02-19-2007, 01:34 AM
My relationship with my husband goes way back to freshman year of high school, and we were just good friends until we were in junior year of college. Then love/lust/whatever set in. I think that initial friendship helped a lot. And we had some counseling through our married years (yup, we did need it!).

But what I wish:
That he'd truly listen to me, not just hear me.
That he'd realize that I really do know more than his mother.
That he'd get our sons to do more cleaning (dishes, laundry, their bathroom) around here, rather than me pestering them.

Other than that, we've worked quite a few things out over the years. Some things are just hard to change.

PastMidnight
02-19-2007, 01:31 PM
- Holes in socks are not a good thing. It doesn't mean that they are 'breathable'. It means they need to be tossed.

- The shower is not a self-cleaning toliet.

- I really don't want to be invited to share in your various smells. I know that it's the thought that counts, but if you say, 'Ooh! This stinks! Come smell this,' you shouldn't take it personally if I decline.

- If you go to the kitchen to get a drink, bring me one too. Or I may just take yours.

- You can hold the baby. He won't bite. Well, maybe he will, but not hard.

- No, it wouldn't be easier for me to take both children to the grocery store rather than leaving them at home with you. You give that adventure a try sometime and then try convincing me of that again.

I don't mind if you watch sports, I'll even sit in the same room but don't interrupt my reading to make me watch a replay. I don't care.

I know you hear the baby crying...quit pretending you don't.

Good ones!

Tornadoboy
02-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Oh, and one more thing:

Just marking some territory, that's all.

Siddow
02-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh goody. Anonymous gripe session!

1. I wish he would stop flipping channels every time a commercial comes on. If he's looking for something to watch, then fine. But if he's watching a show or a movie, why flip? Looking for something better? Can't you just be happy with what you choose to begin with? Can you realize what this says to me?

2. There's a coat closet five feet from the dining room chair where you tend to lay your coat. Use the closet, please. You're setting an example for the children.

3. Again with the kids: Would you stop announcing rules and then leaving for work, leaving me to enforce a rule that I don't agree with?

4. A card is not an appropriate Valentines Day gift. A card should be attached to something.

5. If you want me to navigate, don't give me two different sets of directions and then yell at me when we get lost because I used the wrong one.

6. When you change jobs so you can have more time at home, and then get home early, only to spend the extra time at home doing work, what's the difference?

7. With the peeing: don't teach a potty-training child to pee outside. It confuses them, and teaches that the world is their toilet. And that drain in the basement? Let me tell you, there's a reason why a toilet flushes instead of just being a hole.

8. No, I don't inventory your contact lens solution or deodorant. I won't know if you're out. You have to tell me. Or better yet, pick them up yourself. Don't forget razor blades while you're at the drugstore.

9. I am a wife, not a personal assitant.

10. If you didn't want to be married to a smoker, you shouldn't have asked one to marry you. Duh.

smallthunder
02-19-2007, 08:24 PM
If you go to the kitchen to get a drink, bring me one too. Or I may just take yours.

Oh, yes, I hear you!
Yes, yes!

Maryn
02-19-2007, 08:33 PM
I wish:
...10. he would toss and turn in bed a lot less!Next time you're due for a new mattress, you're in for a treat. I'm the tosser-and-turner, big-time, and our present mattress isolates my motions almost completely. I have to practically jump on the bed for him to rouse. It cost more, but for a good night's sleep, we figure it's money well spent.

Now back to the thread, eh?

Maryn, wishing everyone a good night's sleep

Mom'sWrite
02-19-2007, 09:19 PM
It's Monday. I got more...

If you insist that I drive, I insist that you shut up about my driving.

Yelling at a crying child will not induce that child to stop crying. Ever.

A child refusing to eat their vegetables is not a sign of disrespect for the parent, it's an immutable law of childhood.

The pronoun "we" is not interchangeable with the pronoun "you", for example, the question "Did we send a birthday card to my mother?" is fundamentally different from the more accurate "Did you send a birthday card to my mother?" Yes, we/I did, just like we/I always do.

rhymegirl
02-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Ten things I wish my husband knew about me? You mean BEFORE he married me or now that we're married?

BEFORE:
1. I don't like being criticized. (I am hyper-sensitive)
2. I'm not the neatest person in the world.
3. I dislike cooking and cleaning.
4. I like going out and having fun and not always staying home.

NOW:
5. I can read his mind very easily!
6. I know what he's gonna say before he says it.
7. If he starts telling me what happened in a ball game I will immediately start tuning him out or only hear pieces of it. Likewise, when he starts quoting statistics or talking about players and their problems.
8. I'd rather go out to dinner than stay home(even if it's meant to be a romantic dinner) because a)I'm almost always home and like a nice change of scenery and b)I like a nice change of scenery(restaurant's nice atmosphere).
9. Watching him clip his toenails in the living room is NOT a turn-on.
10. Just because I notice attractive men doesn't mean I don't find him attractive.

Pat~
02-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Being a writer, you'd think I'd know how to effectively communicate these things to my husband, but I hope he understands...

1. how much it meant to me that he gave our 14 yr. old daughter flowers for Valentine's Day, too

2. how much I appreciate his supporting my decision to not work full-time

3. that when he grills out, the way he smells when he comes back in is better than any men's cologne out there

4. that even though I came down with a bad case of altitude sickness on our honeymoon, I have ultimately romantic memories because of the way he took care of me

5. that I think his curly gray hair and smile lines are sexy

6. the depth of my admiration for him for sticking by me when I was depressed 7 years ago

7. my appreciation for his enthusiastic support as I've pursued a variety of part-time ventures over the years (even when they cluttered up the garage with 'antiques' for him to refinish, or involved travel to writers' conferences, etc.)

8. how thankful I am that he demonstrates to our 18-yr. old son that it's not unmanly to do laundry, cook dinner, or clean up the dirty dishes

9. how much it means to me when he's had to stand up for me with the kids or with his mother

10. how much I love him

Kate Thornton
02-19-2007, 11:03 PM
I wish my husband would

1. Know that I like to hear him snoring. Life would be lonely and sad if I could not hear him breathing at night.

2. Remember that he is not alone and doesn't have to be responsible for *everything*

3. Know how much I look forward to another 30 years with him...

Soccer Mom
02-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Those are sweet.

And I do love my husband, but not the snoring. These aren't gentle, sound-of-the-ocean snores. These are rattle the windows and frighten-small-animals snores.

wyntermoon
02-20-2007, 01:11 AM
My husband is a paragon of virtue.

Oh wait. I just threw up a little in my mouth. What I meant to say was:

- Don't ask me where you left a tiny piece of scrap paper with a phone number on it two weeks ago then yell at me because I felt the overwhelming need to clean my kitchen.

- Thank you for rinsing the dishes, now move your body 4" to the right and PUT THEM IN.

- Asking me to scratch whatever freakish thing is itching you at the moment is not foreplay.

- When I said, "gee, that baby is cute!", it wasn't a sign that I was ready for more so stop waving your weenie at me.

- Stop waving your weenie at me. Just had to mention that one again.

- I will continue my fascination with handbags as long as you are alive. Get over it.

- I don't think farting is funny so don't trap me under the covers when you feel the call of nature.

- Breastfeeding is not a "get out of parenting free" pass.

- Stop shaving your head and asking me in public if I want to rub it. Ew.

The_Grand_Duchess
02-20-2007, 01:49 AM
I wish:

2. he would understand that just because I want to have a kiss and a cuddle, doesn't mean I want to have sex;

7. he would spend more time with the family than in front of his computer watching downloaded episodes of "Lost";

9. he would understand that a messy house really does make me depressed;

I have those problems too! Only its not episodesof lost on the computer, its various games on the Playstation. He loves the playstaion. But he really doens't get the messy house REALLY bothers me.

-I wish he would realize that I hate calling people to tell them a bill is going to be late. Since its his fault, I think he should call.

-I wish he would realize that 'watching the baby' does not mean letting her walk around the house checking on her every time I ask, "Where's the baby?"

-I wish he would actully do the things he volunteers to do around the house when he volunteers to do them. Not spaced over weeks or months.

-That when I great retial people by the name thats on thier nametag I'm just trying to be nice and not messing with them. I like to be called by my name and not 'hey you'. I assume most other people like to be called by their name as well.

Lolly
02-20-2007, 01:56 AM
I can only think of a couple of things, so I guess we must be blessed. :D

1. There is no such thing as frivolous buying. If I want to buy something, I have a valid reason. It may not sound valid to you, but trust me, it is.

2. When I'm reading a book or watching my favorite TV show, I don't feel like having a conversation. About anything.

The_Grand_Duchess
02-20-2007, 02:03 AM
Yeah, just wanted to add, just becuase I'm breastfeeding it doens't mean you can't be involoved at night. You can at least get up to bring the baby to me!

Also, stop trying to teach the baby bad words and stop your family when they try. It's not cute.

When I aske you who is on the phone it's not becuase I suspect you of something its becuase I care and want to be involoved in your life. Thats the same reason I watch wreastling with you.

I like weird medical stuff. I like watching the tv shows about it. Don't complaine, just be happy that I'm happy.

PastMidnight
02-20-2007, 03:20 AM
- Breastfeeding is not a "get out of parenting free" pass.

good one!

stormie
02-20-2007, 05:01 AM
Several years of marriage, a few weeks of counseling here and there, and life is much, much sweeter. For him, too, since he probably felt that storms were brewing when he least expected it. Nah, I'm too calm. REALLY!!

MattW
02-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Men can't help but ignore their wives

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17150900/

Psychologists have long known about "reactance," the tendency to do the exact opposite of what's requested by a loved one or boss.

We can't help it ladies. Sorry. :)

spike
02-21-2007, 12:14 AM
I wish my husband knew that I told him I loved him right before he died.

stormie
02-21-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm sorry your husband died. Maybe in some way, he knew. Or knows now.

5KidsMom
02-21-2007, 05:46 AM
1. The phrase I don't have time does not have the same meaning as I can't be bothered. It means I have to leave for work in 10 minutes, not that I don't care.

2. It is much less frustrating for me if you would just tell me you don't have time to do something as opposed to promising to do it and then not following through.

3. It is not necessary to ask me if Brandon wants a sandwich. Brandon speaks the same language you do. Ask him.

4. I do not pay attention every time you put something down, so I have no idea where your 3/16 socket is.

5. If my driving makes you that uncomfortable, you don't have to go with me.

6. I am not a machine. Sometimes I'm really sick. It would be nice if I didn't have to shovel out the driveway so I could get to the doctor.

7. My dog loves me unconditionally, doesn't yell at me, and is never in a bad mood. Watch and take notes.

Mae
02-21-2007, 06:10 AM
Chores that I have done will always be done better than if not at all. Do not criticise ; be grateful you didn't have to do it in the first place.

The_Grand_Duchess
02-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Sometimes the way you do things really is just inefficient and it will not kill you to do it my way, which is better. Not becuase I said so but becuase it is.

I have diffrent rules about what clean is. I'm sorry we don't see eye to eye on that but you're a slob.

Melanie Nilles
02-21-2007, 07:52 AM
What a fun thread!

Here's my list, or at least what I can think of at the moment:

-You can take the garbage out when it's full. Why does it overflow before *I* have to take out the trash?

-Same for the dishes. I do this everyday. That's why we have a dishwasher. Why can't a man do what he sees needs to be done for housework if it's right in front of him?

-I wish my husband would put in a little more effort to make me feel sexy. What happened to simply touching when we pass each other? After two kids, it seems like I have cooties or something, and I have a good figure!

-Preschoolers who misbehave are asking for their parent's attention, not just mom's but dad's too. Besides, mom has the kids all day and needs a break!

-Just because I'm home all the time doesn't mean I like to be here. I do daycare and work just as hard as he does outside the home.

-I like to work out, so I can look good and feel good; and I wish he would do the same for himself. You know he wants a sexy wife, even after two kids, but he doesn't care that he's gained inches at his waist.

-He has his hobbies and I have mine. Mine just needs more attention and daily maintenance. If he wants me to stay happy, he shouldn't complain about how much I spend to keep the horse. He spends his money on collectible game pieces.

-Come to bed early, before I'm too tired to be interested in anything but sleep.

-Admit that you snore and get help for it! I value my sleep too. And you wonder why I get cranky?

-Don't tell me something while I'm busy with something else and expect me to remember an hour later. Not gonna happen!

-I am interested in hearing about your day, but don't go into technical details that I don't understand.

-I'd love the extra effort of him coming to me as soon as he gets in the door and giving me a big hug, and a kiss would be nice too. In other words, a little extra effort in the relationship would be great :) Why should I have to do all the work?

If I think of any others, I'll add, but that's all I can think of for now.

Melanie

The_Grand_Duchess
02-21-2007, 09:54 AM
You know a lot of women have the same problem with thier man giving that little extra nonsexual snuggle. I read a good article about it in either babytalk or parenting magazine.

Apprently it's not thier fault, biologically they just don't see a problem. So they really do have to *work* on it.

Scrawler
02-25-2007, 05:03 AM
I wish my husband...
1- could really know how deeply I love him.
2- knew how much I worry about him, even though I shouldn't and needn't
3- didn't have to get up so early for work
4- and I would have met 10 years earlier.
5- knew how much is kindness and stability means to me.
6- believed that yes, I DO think about him "that much"
7- realized how much I admire and respect him. He's my hero
8- didn't have to carry so many of the burdens on his shoulders
9- wouldn't leave the bed to let me sleep longer. When I say I sleep better with you there, I mean it.
10- could enjoy his life more. "I don't mind fixing the sink" isn't the same as "I'm going skiing." Go skiing.

Mandy-Jane
02-25-2007, 05:33 AM
Oh Scrawler, that's just beautiful!

Akuma
02-26-2007, 01:51 AM
You guys could...you know...tell your husbands this stuff.

Or do they not listen? *cringe*

Mandy-Jane
02-26-2007, 02:07 AM
Mine listens, says "Okay I won't do it again" and then does.

tela
02-26-2007, 03:09 AM
It would be great if my husband realized all the things I listed but itís not necessary. These are little annoyances thatís all. There are so many wonderful things about him why cause tension over little things?
Our 25th anniversary is in a few weeks and I wouldnít trade the life I have with him for all the tea in China, as my mother likes to say.
Thatís the important thing. the rest are just dust bunnies under the bed but you know they're there, but most of the time they're well hidden. No one is perfect.

Tela

stormie
02-26-2007, 04:23 AM
You guys could...you know...tell your husbands this stuff.

Or do they not listen? *cringe*
This is what I said earlier:

But what I wish:
That he'd truly listen to me, not just hear me.

I only had three things on my wish list, but that above is a biggie. If he did listen he'd hear the good things, too. And there are many. :)

Lady
02-26-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm not married, but I've had boyfriends this one pisses me off a lot.

Realize that the movie starts at a certain time, and arriving late will make us miss some of it. (hate missing some of it)

sassandgroove
03-03-2007, 02:51 AM
Yes we do live in the country. Our ensuite has a door that leads outside, so off he goes, walking straight past the toilet. Very strange I say.

I think it is fairly common too, at least among the men I know.
Look at it this way, you don't have to clean the pee off the seat or the floor. :Shrug:

sassandgroove
03-03-2007, 03:05 AM
The pronoun "we" is not interchangeable with the pronoun "you", for example, the question "Did we send a birthday card to my mother?" is fundamentally different from the more accurate "Did you send a birthday card to my mother?" Yes, we/I did, just like we/I always do.

My Husband always ends that with, "and when I say 'we' I mean 'you.'" and grins really big.

Mom'sWrite
03-03-2007, 03:22 AM
My Husband always ends that with, "and when I say 'we' I mean 'you.'" and grins really big.
I would love that. It would indicate understanding the difference between my efforts and his forgetfulness, trimmed with a bit of gratitude.

stormie
03-03-2007, 04:54 AM
Look at it this way, you don't have to clean the pee off the seat or the floor.
In our house, with three males, it's the walls, too. Geesh! The toilet is big enough.

Silver King
03-03-2007, 05:30 AM
Look at it this way, you don't have to clean the pee off the seat
In my home, the ladies put the seat down before they go, and then thoughtfully lift the seat to its upright position when they're through. This helps to avoid arguments between the sexes.

(This thread is a riot, by the way.)

PastMidnight
03-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Look at it this way, you don't have to clean the pee off the seat or the floor. :Shrug:

Unless she has a potty-training toddler! :D

stormie
03-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Unless she has a potty-training toddler! :D
Oh yeah, that's a fun one!

Soccer Mom
03-04-2007, 07:44 PM
In my home, the ladies put the seat down before they go, and then thoughtfully lift the seat to its upright position when they're through. This helps to avoid arguments between the sexes.

(This thread is a riot, by the way.)

Heh. You just described my house. Hubby and sons keep the seat up. I have to put it down to....ahem....you know....then I put it back up.

And yes, they pee outside all the time.

sassandgroove
03-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Okay, i had to leave before I finished reading the thread the other day.
I told my husband, Mr. Groove, about this thread at dinner on Friday, and some of the things people posted, and some of the nice things, and the one from Spike, ( I am so sorry.) He asked me what would be on my list. I told him I didn't want to be mean. He said, "Be mean." Okay, doing dishes means more than just loading the dishwasher. He leaves handwashing things in the sink, It is like he doesn't even see them. I guess he expects me to wash them. Also he doesn't wipe the counters. Well, I started leaving the things that need hand washing, and he eventually caught on. And he wipes the counters, but i have to prompt him. BUt he does help out when I ask him too. He told me when we were engaged that he couldn't read my mind, and if I didn't ask for help he wouldn't know I needed/wanted it. So I am learning to ask. That is a big thing for me. But my other things are more like Pat and Scrawler, I wish he knew I don't just think he is handsome, he is handsome. I wish he knew how much I appreciate everything he does for me. I wish he knew he deserves my love. :) I think we should all go tell our hubby's this stuff, not just post it on a webpage. It worked for me on Friday. :) ETA: Oh, and I do get depressed, and it doesn't mean I am unhappy with him, or that I want to leave. He makes everything better.

C.bronco
03-05-2007, 10:57 PM
The problem is, if I wished my husband knew something, I would tell him.
e.g.
Me: "I really wanted a walk-in closet."
Husband: "But look at how long this closet is? Why would you need a walk-in closet?"
Ugh.

Kate Thornton
03-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Heh. You just described my house. Hubby and sons keep the seat up. I have to put it down to....ahem....you know....then I put it back up.

And yes, they pee outside all the time.

In our house, He leaves the seat up in the hall bath & down in the master bath - works for me!!! I always remember to return the toilet seat to its full upright position in the hall and he thoughtfully keeps the MB one down for me. True happiness!

Southern_girl29
03-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks everyone for sharing with me. I wanted both the good and the bad and I've gotten it. I really appreciate it. I've queried a few magazines with this idea, and if I get any nibbles, I'll start the writing. Thanks again.

Braydie
03-06-2007, 12:54 AM
I love this thread and have laughed at so many of the things we have in common. After nearly thirty-eight years with the man I dated for four years before the wedding, even though "all of the above applies," I hope he knows:

1. I love that he's always supported, respected and loved me.
2. how much our adult children and I love him and respect him - and that he set such a good example of what a wonderful parent should be.
3. that he is truly our hero.
4. that I'm glad he asked me to be his wife.
5. that I was thrilled when I overheard him tell our grown son over the phone last summer that he thought he'd like to ask me to marry him all over again.
6. I appreciate that he shared so much in the care of our children and that he continues to love and respect us all.
7. that even though he's not a complainer, I'm glad he's willing to listen to me on the days when I am one.
8. that when I hear the garage door open, I'm even more thrilled at the prospect of seeing him than I was on our first date. My heart still flutters.
9. that I appreciate that he drives nearly two hours each way to and from work so we can stay in our home where we reared our children.
10. that I know he has an extremely dangerous job and that I never take it for granted.
11. that when he lies beside me, his snoring is a comfort, because I know he's safely home with me.
12. that I'm glad he likes to help cook when he has the chance.
13. that he's a good granddad and likes to make good memories for the kids.
14. that he knows if it weren't for me replacing the toilet paper on the roll, he'd probably become a complainer with a sore...
15. that I still love his sexy crooked smile and his gentle touch.
16. that I always hoped our children would be treated by their spouses as I've been treated by their father.

Edited: Sorry I went past 10 things, but he's just so special to me. :LilLove:

spike
03-12-2007, 10:14 PM
I just got back to this thread, and I appreciate all the kind words. I wasn't fishing for sympathy...but when reading all the posts; as I laughed and said, "Oh yes" another part of me said, "I wish my husband was still here to leave his underwear on the floor so the dog chews it up."

Thanks everyone!

sassandgroove
03-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Dear Spike,

Glad you were laughing, because your post really touched my heart. It made me go home and hug my hubby tight.

Sass-thankful for the reminder.