Debut novel PR campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Murphy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelmurphy.me
I've had success obtaining publicity for my debut novel, Try and Catch the Wind. I emailed local newspaper reporters who wrote feature or entertainment pieces. Since approximatley 200 new novels are published each day in the US, even the "local author publishes new novel" is hardly news. I tried to give them a story idea, and in my case, I pitched the South Dakota-born, Arizona author writing a novel series set in upstate New York. Last Thursday the local weekly, the Glendale Star ran a very nice article and the Arizona Republic ran a story today. Next week an editor for my hometown daily newspaper in Huron South Dakota is going to interview me by phone and he's asked for book cover art and a picture. If you're interested, here's a link to both articles.

http://www.glendalestar.com/articles/2007/02/16/features/feat09.txt

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/0217gl-author17Z18.html

Michael Murphy
Suspense is just a click away...
www.mjmurphy.com

onetiredmama

My Mini Me
Registered
Reaction score
Did you think about sending a press release to the area in upstate NY where it is set? You might get some coverage. Also maybe some releases to libraries in the same area? I live in upstate NY and our library often features books set in New York. Good luck and congrats! Lisa

Michael Murphy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelmurphy.me
Thanks for the tip. Hopefully that will work because not just this book, but the entire series (three books to date) that is set in upstate New York. Now that I have some press to include in a press kit I'll do that. And I have a list of independent bookstores in the area that I'm working through. Appreciate your advice.

Michael Murphy
Suspense is just a click away...
www.mjmurphy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.