Atheistic Valentines

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
I see from our Christian Neighbors in Threadland, that the Christians are naturally very worried about Addressing Christian Premarital Sex on Valentine's day.
As A Christian in Name Only, I am probably not as concerned as I should be, but I wondered if Valentine's day were an especially queeazy day in the Atheistic Calendar or not.

I don't know anything about St. Valentine...uh...but something about all those little suggary red hearts always made me feel slightly ill. Perhaps Atheists don't have this "too-much suggar" feeling on St Valentine's day.

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice poem, but I figured there'd be something of an atheistic, Valentinish nature to it.

My heart knows no bounds
For my sweet sugar bowl
But that's just my chest talking--
Don 't count on my soul.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
Oh Cosmic

It's never occurred to me to hate Valentine's Day because I'm an athiest. I hate it for so many other reasons.

I wouldn't have thought of it myself, but it seemed so heartening to see the Christians Addressing Premarital Sex on Valentine's day, that I wondered if other cosmic orientations felt differently.

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooops

I thought this was about writing atheistic Valentine poems.

I'm getting dumber and dumber.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
Lewis Carol

I thought this was about writing atheistic Valentine poems.

I'm getting dumber and dumber.

Oh! My sig...that's a Lewis Carol poem...but there's no reason not to write Atheistic Valentines poems...though of course, as a Christian in Name Only, I'm not a good judge of what is appropriate on any given holiday.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Valentines is about love. No more than 1 in 20 Christian could tell you what St Val apparently did, the fiest was nicked from the pagans like all the others and ... meh. It involves chocolate so it's got to be good. :)

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, St. Val was the first Willy Wonka?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
St Val carried out marraiges against orders and was killed.

I find the previous fertility festival notion a happier thing all over. Martyrdom is such a downer.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
CINO

You've said this twice already, and I'm wondering, what exactly does this mean?

I saw it over in a neighboring Christian thread about sex. Those who claimed to be Christian but who relished unholy thoughts about unholy sex were declared to be "CINO"...evidently a slightly taboo term, which I thought probably meant "Christian in Name Only"....At the time I was looking for a term to warn the unwary of the theological, metaphysical, ethical and moral perils of following my example in matters of excess in prose structure or affectations of archaic diction or visits to the library. Sort of a catch-all "don't try this at home" for those who would rather not offend the Almighty. I hope only the theologically subtle are mislead into following my example and that no true innocents are so impulsive as to throw caution to the winds and write like this or check out books about Lacan and/or post-modernism.