Women are Germ'ier...

Reaction score
...than men.

I always knew it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,252024,00.html

Your office desk harbors far more bacteria than your workplace restroom, and if you're a woman, chances are your workspace has more germs than your male co-workers, a new research report shows.

Women have three to four times the number of bacteria in, on and around their desks, phones, computers, keyboards, drawers and personal items as men do, the study by University of Arizona professor Charles Gerba showed.

Gerba, a professor of soil, water and environmental sciences, tested more than 100 offices on the UA campus and in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oregon and Washington, D.C. The $40,000 study was commissioned by the Clorox Co.

"I thought for sure men would be germier," Gerba said. "But women have more interactions with small children and keep food in their desks. The other problem is makeup."

Don't get Gerba wrong: Women's desks typically looked cleaner. But the knickknacks are more abundant, and cosmetics and hand lotions make prime germ-transfer agents, Gerba said. Makeup cases also make for fine germ homes, along with phones, purses and desk drawers.

For gods sake, ladies, clean your desks with a little disinfectant or a wetnap. Please. I'm germ phobic.

Food in desk drawers also harbors lots of microorganisms, and it is more abundant among female office workers. Gerba found 75 percent of women had munchies in their desks.

"I was really surprised how much food there was in a woman's desk," he said. "If there's ever a famine, that's the first place I'll look for food."

:ROFL:

Happy Valentines Day!
xoxo
The Thrill

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please Sohia, before your next post, take a moment to wipe down that keyboard.

Thank you.
:D

Reaction score
Billy's official "girls are yucky" thread.

lol...You got that right.

I've been saying it for years. Now, official confirmation.

And they wonder why I won't give them goodbye hugs everytime I leave one of my jobs.

I'd really like Coors or someone to commission a study on who is germ'ier in a bar or club.

That's what I really need to know.

Reaction score
If billy thinks they're icky, I'll gladly take his share. :)

I don't think they are truly icky.

But according to this study stay away from them in the workplace.

It's a good tip.

Workplace sex, do it on the man's desk, not the womans.

I'm saving lives, Bart, one post at a time.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think they are truly icky.

But according to this study stay away from them in the workplace.

It's a good tip.

Workplace sex, do it on the man's desk, not the womans.

I'm saving lives, Bart, one post at a time.

Ah.

G'bless you, Mr. President.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Rub your germ-infested hand lotion all over me, baby, that feels rrreeeeeaal good!

-Derek

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
...and my co-workers look at me weird because I keep lysol in my desk.

If they knew that on the days I stay late it is to go into their offices and spray down every surface I can find...including door knobs and telephone recievers...well.... you know.

.....Hold still Billy. Let me get you with the Lysol, it's cold season.....

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
The only reason women's desks are germier is because men, other women, children, janitors, passers-by, total strangers and assorted visitors to any office feel completely at ease 'borrowing' the woman's desk, chair, phone, pens, pencils, calculator, adding machine, etc. - without so much as a 'May I?', thereby leaving their detritus behind.

And the reason we have food is because the entire office looks to us for sustenance. If we didn't keep food on hand, we'd be fired... or worse.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
And the reason we have food is because the entire office looks to us for sustenance. If we didn't keep food on hand, we'd be fired... or worse.

And don't forget medicine, bandaids, etc. Just today I was hit up for a granola bar, 2 bandaids, something to fix a broken fingernail, kleenex and 'hangover-helper'.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But let's face it, ladies - some of them are downright cute.