• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

Block at the end of the race! HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annwyn

Registered
Reaction score
I've come to the end of my first novel and now I'm stumped. I know what happens, I just can't write it. The writing is stilted and plain bad. It's like the characters refuse to act properly, but they refuse to improvise and finish the piece. It's only the end of the first novel in the trilogy, and I won't be able to move on unless I can finish it...cause it needs a good edit...What do you do? Especially since this has been going on for a month! I even tried leaving it for two weeks and then looking at it again, they still won't finish the novel with me, which means it's really stilted and shallow...HELP!

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
You're going to revise anyway, right? Write something down, no matter how stilted, and pretty it up when you reach the section again on the rewrite. That's my plan for my WIP. I'm handwaving over some sections because I know they might flow differently as I tackle the rewrite and I'd rather spend my energy then rather than now. Right now I want to hit THE END. This might not be the ultimate ending for this novel, but it'll give me something to work with later.

Status
Not open for further replies.