(channeling Napoleon Dynamite): Dang it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
I’m not feeling dejected (although I was rejected). I just need to let off a little steam.

I queried an agency on Book A and got a pass with an invite to submit in the future. Cool. I query about Book B. Couple weeks later I get a letter requesting material from Book A. I figure, hey, cool. Then it occurs to me that maybe they typed the wrong title, and meant to request from Book B.

So I email requesting clarification. The agent who signed the letter (but who didn’t pass on Book A) writes back saying it sounds like an office mix up. He doesn’t indicate yea or nay on Book B.

When they go look for the SASE to reject me on Book B, they won’t find it because they used it accidentally for Book A. Then *I’ll* be the one looking like a putz.

I have half a mind to mail them an SASE with a polite note indicating they can use it for Book B. Or would that make me seem like a control freak wiener? What would you guys do?

Okay, thanks, I feel much better now.

writermom

Avada Kedavra
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Sounds like it’s crazy in that office.

Sorry, I don’t have advice. I’m not sure what I’d do in that situation.

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't email a SASE because if they are interested they will call you and if they are not, you'll know that if you don't hear from them.

Saundra Julian

A work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
Geez, how frustrating for you...Sounds like they did have a big mix-up. Naw, I wouldn't send another SASE. That could really make them go bonkers... Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.