PDA

View Full Version : The Brokenheart's Club!

Freckles
02-15-2007, 01:28 AM
It's V-Day. The day of red. A rather depressing day for some of us singletons.

I thought we could use a thread to commiserate with each other... ;)

Anyone have any sad Valentine's Day stories?

MidnightMuse
02-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Sorry - I may be single, but I'm lovin' it ! :D

kristie911
02-15-2007, 02:08 AM
I have to agree with MM, I kind of like being single...so far, at least.

But that doesn't mean I like Valentines Day...

SpookyWriter
02-15-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm single also and loving it! Sorry, no sad stories from me. :D

Rane
02-15-2007, 02:12 AM
I just got off the phone with my friend who's mad at her boyfriend for something he did...so no, I'm perfectly happy being single. :D

TrainofThought
02-15-2007, 02:49 AM
I just bought a new digital camera, so I’ll be playing with it tonight. WOOHOO! I love being SINGLE and RED is my favorite color. :D

KimJo
02-15-2007, 02:51 AM
I'm happy being single; it's a huge improvement over this time last year. It's weird not having a Valentine, though.

SC Harrison
02-15-2007, 02:58 AM
One good thing about being single is I don't have to feel guilty about mentally undressing and fantasizing about the females I encounter on a daily basis.

Did um, I just say that outloud?

TrainofThought
02-15-2007, 03:06 AM
One good thing about being single is I don't have to feel guilty about mentally undressing and fantasizing about the females I encounter on a daily basis.Writers thrive on imagination. Who do you think undressed the man in my profile picture? ;)

alleycat
02-15-2007, 03:14 AM
If I told my friends I had a broken heart their response would be "you can't break what you don't have."

Really. Ask MidnightMuse.

MidnightMuse
02-15-2007, 05:18 AM
Oh come now, you have a heart. I hear it's safely locked up in a deposit box somewhere. :D

CBeasy
02-15-2007, 05:26 AM
I'm technically single, though I have a girl that I'm very, very good friends with. We decided long ago never to make it official, because I had a seriously broken heart, and because we're both crazy. It's a good arrangement, but lately I've been feeling a bit lonely. I need real intimacy! Valentine's Day does not make these thoughts any better, let me tell you what.

I just bought a new digital camera, so I’ll be playing with it tonight. WOOHOO! I love being SINGLE and RED is my favorite color.
Did I just hear that right?! My email address is bigcbeazy@hotmail.com, if you were wondering.....;)

TrainofThought
02-15-2007, 05:38 AM
Did I just hear that right?! My email address is bigcbeazy@hotmail.com, if you were wondering.....;)Check your email.
Sorry it didn't go through.

CBeasy
02-15-2007, 05:51 AM
Check your email.
Sorry it didn't go through.
Oh wait, it's with an "s"! bigcbeasy@hotmail.com!!!

billythrilly7th
02-15-2007, 05:51 AM
It's V-Day. The day of red. A rather depressing day for some of us singletons.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L52gGTK_KyM

TrainofThought
02-15-2007, 06:05 AM
Oh wait, it's with an "s"! bigcbeasy@hotmail.com!!! Okay I sent you a little something, nothing big (no naked pictures).

Carole
02-15-2007, 06:08 AM
I hate Valentine's Day.

WerenCole
02-15-2007, 06:25 AM
We like commercial holidays right? Drives the economy and all that whatchanot. Valentines day in and of itself is not a reason to feel grumpy.. . Today is Wednesday. Be grumpy because it is Wednesday. . . I am. I plan on being grumpy on Friday and Sunday too. (Long week, don't ask)

It is an arbitrary day to do.. .what exactly? Wear pink, eat lots of candy and buy Weren Cole a new sports car.

So. . . where or where is my sports car?

Okay! I've had it, NOW I am grumpy.

kristie911
02-15-2007, 06:29 AM
I got you a sports car, Weren, but I didn't know where to deliver it, so I had to take it back. Sorry.

TsukiRyoko
02-15-2007, 07:51 AM
I've never liked Valentine's Day much. I feel it's better to be single on holidays- it saves everyone involved some money, kills the pressure, and saves you a pound or too from eating too much candy.

I can't say I have any sad Valentine's Day stories, but I have a pretty odd (good for me) story.

I dated a REALLY morbid (not the gothic whining cutting idiots, either- he was nice and bloodthirsty) guy once, and he had a sense of humor that select few could appreciate (myself included). For my Valentines gift, he rigged my room without my knowing. I walked in and he's sitting on the bed with a big smile. I asked him what's up, he said, "Come here for a second." So, I walked into the room, my foot snagged a string, set off a spark, and a series of miniature fireworks and poppers went off. Nearly caught my room, and my hair, on fire. Then, he gave me this cute little mutilated bear that had stitches for eyes, fangs, fake blood stains- the works! He also gave me some little string fireworks so we could rig the toilets at school and stuff, and some silver gunpowder! :hooray:

Then, the best part, he got me a HUGE basket of used books. It was amazing.

But then, I found out he was cheating on me with a hyper pyromaniac, so I had to beat him up and shove some of the mini explosives down his pants. Oh, how he screamed. :)

kristie911
02-15-2007, 08:11 AM
You rock, Tsuki...and frighten me just a little.

Remind me to stay on your good side. Can I offer you some chocolate? :)

TsukiRyoko
02-15-2007, 10:04 AM
You rock, Tsuki...and frighten me just a little.

Remind me to stay on your good side. Can I offer you some chocolate? :)
Hehehe, thank you. Hell yeah, give me some chocolate. :D

alleycat
02-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Remind me to stay on your good side.
What good side?

:-O

TsukiRyoko
02-15-2007, 10:11 AM
What good side?

:-O
That's fine. I'll get ya.

Jaycinth
02-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Wish I'd seen this thread last night.

oh well. . . i had my wine, i had my TV, i had my WIP. . .

Akuma
02-16-2007, 12:19 AM
I prefer being single but I have a sad story from a tumultuous romance experience I had in the 6th grade.

It was the Halloween Dance at the school, back when I believed school dances were the hip thing.
I brought with me an attractive girl who rode my bus (no dirty innuendo here, please).
She was dressed as some Gothic Mistress while I had a lame mad-man costume, complete with a Hannibal mask and a rubber chicken.

We got to slow-dancing, anxiety and sweaty palms all included.

To sum up the evening, a kid from my street cut in and stole my date.
Not before literally ripping the head off of my rubber chicken.

I walked home in the dark.

Maryn
02-16-2007, 12:32 AM
I swear, he means nothing to me!

Freckles
02-16-2007, 04:24 AM
Wish I'd seen this thread last night.

oh well. . . i had my wine, i had my TV, i had my WIP. . .

What else does one really need, then? Sounds like the best evening to me! ;)

Pagey's_Girl
02-16-2007, 05:07 AM
I had my Led Zeppelin DVDs. Mmm. Jimmy Page in dragon-bedecked black silk. What else does a girl need?

Freckles
02-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Good for you, Pagey! :D