PDA

View Full Version : A Positive Rejection

Provrb1810meggy
02-14-2007, 09:13 PM
I just got a rejection for my other novel, the one that I've given up on. I'm actually happy. It was a nice, personalized rejection. This story was told in alternating, multiple POV, and the agent said the voices weren't distinctive enough, which was true. However, he and his colleague liked the concept and my sense of humor. He said I was clearly talented and would be happy to review my future work. Woo hoo!

Guess who just shot off a query for her new novel?

CaroGirl
02-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Yay! That's an encouraging rejection. Keep at it!!

Freckles
02-15-2007, 12:39 AM
Positive rejections are always nice...keep going! You'll get there. ;)

Dario D.
02-15-2007, 03:02 AM
Wow, that's great. :) I sure hope it turns out well.

- I haven't gotten a single personalized rejection yet, at all (of over 30 submissions). The best I've gotten is, "Thanks, Dario, but this isn't for me." Everything else is form responses, with my name OCCASIONALLY in the header. :( I've even asked several times if they could let me know in a sentence what they didn't buy, so I can work on it, but haven't gotten any replies yet.

Provrb1810meggy
02-15-2007, 03:46 AM
Aww, I sympathize Dario. Form rejections suck, especially if it's someone you think your manuscript would fit well with.

Anyway, this agent who gave me the positive rejection just requested my new manuscript and said he liked how it sounds. Wish me luck!

clara bow
02-15-2007, 03:57 AM
All right! Way to go! Keep us posted.

Dario D.
02-15-2007, 04:46 AM
Anyway, this agent who gave me the positive rejection just requested my new manuscript and said he liked how it sounds. Wish me luck!
I sure will :) I hope it sells.

KCathy
02-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Wow, that is encouraging. Best of luck with novel #2!

Saundra Julian
02-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Congratulations...break a leg!

jonereb
02-17-2007, 02:36 AM
I also received a positive rejection. A publisher sent a form letter but wrote a note at the bottom: "some nice things here, but not guite right for us." I've recieved similar statements from agents. A few have asked for full manuscripts. I'm not waiting by the phone, but at least a few have actually read and liked it. It's a start.