CHILDREN'S SONGS

A Pathetic Writer

I want to make an children's album. What do you think about my songs?

I'M SO GLAD I HAVE A NAME

I'm so glad I have a name
What if people said "Hey you!"
I'm so glad I have a name!

ORCA, THE KILLER WHALE

CHORUS
Orca, the killer whale
Killingest whale that there ever was
Orca, the killer whale

First there was a whale
and his name was Orca
and he was a killer
Guess you know the rest of the song now!

(CHORUS)

When he was a baby
Orca's mom got killed bad
By a bunch of fishes
Now he's gonna kill them all now!

(CHORUS)

Can anyone help me get studio backing for this? Who here has worked with Panfir?

Optimus Maximus

Jeez, kid. This stuff it tops! Where'd you learn to write like that?

Chrissakes, kid, It brought a damned tear to my eye.

Can I represent you?

Stick with me, kid. We're going places.

mammamaia

why don't all one of you go play somewhere else!?

...and leave this forum in peace?...

...or go back on your meds and blend back into just one annoying pest, instead of a whole mess of 'em?

...or, do you really get off on making such a fool of yourself in public?...

absolutewrite

Actually, I thought it was funny

Hey, Maia, pretend this was on the humor board. See? All better.

A Pathetic Writer

Re: Actually, I thought it was funny

What's sad is that I'm not trying to be funny here. I've got 8 songs, all good natured, fun and funny, and I'd like to find out if there's a market for them. Mama has an issue with with me, apparently, and I guess I must deserve it. But can we look at each post individually? Thanks.

mammamaia

good point, jenna!

as for you, apw, your sudden appearance on our scene, accompanied [it seems] by several other apparent bogus personas, leaves me in serious doubt of your serious intentions...

as do the purported lyric fragments you've posted here... i've been a member of songwriters guild of american and learned the craft from one of the best [sheila davis], so don't look kindly on jokesters who clutter up the place with silly stuff, just to take up space...

if you're NOT connected to the hamboogul horde, i'll be glad to welcome you to the forum... but if you seriously think the stuff you posted here is fit for children's songs, you need to consult your friendly neighborhood shrink asap!... killing is not a fit subject for kids... and i should know, being a mom of 7 and gram of 15...

now, can you understand why i 'have an issue' with you?

A Pathetic Writer

Re: good point, jenna!

Sorry if I don't hold to the happy happy joy joy crowd that thinks children shouldn't be exposed to death in nature, like Bambi, The Lion King, The Secret of Nimh or any of the other countless classics in our culture.

I am in the process of getting these first two songs recorded and put on my website. Personally, I don't care what you think about my intentions, but if you're not here to help, please stay out of my threads.

Thank you.

And for the record, I think if you go through and look at every single post he's made, Hamboogul has been encouraging, cheerful, and helpful. He hasn't said a mean word, so I can't understand why anyone would be upset at him.

Optimus Prime is a real person, I've read his script. MDB is a real person too, I have a copy of his script to read, too. Love2Code I've met. None of us are bogus personas.

If this is how you treat all newbies to your site, it's no wonder your community is so small and cliqueish.

rtilryarms

You know Maia, he is right. You might be too sensitive on this issue.
He respects Hamboogul and I agree with Hamboogul.

I think this sucks. Quit the biz altogether.

Get a life Maia!

mdbftp

as for you, apw, your sudden appearance on our scene, accompanied [it seems] by several other apparent bogus personas, leaves me in serious doubt of your serious intentions...

I was told this was a friendly place to get and give good advice, but I guess that info was

bogus19.jpg

Bogus.

rtilryarms

you were given good advice. It just didn't agree with your expectations.

absolutewrite

Pathetic: Actually, there are more than 3000 registered members on this forum and plenty more lurkers. Y'know... just wanted to dispel the "small and cliquish" notion. Carry on.

A Pathetic Writer

;)

And I hear great things about it from a variety of sources, Jenna. But seriously, any issues I may have caused from my views in screenwriting shouldn't spill over into other forums, agreed?

absolutewrite

APW: You're cool with me. Like I said elsewhere, this forum has a different feel from DD. It's filled with surprisingly earnest people. Most of our goofing around is contained in Office Party and Humor Writing.

You'll find a big mix of people here-- some seasoned pros whose names you'll actually recognize, some newer writers, some teenage writers... give us a fair shot and I'm sure we'll all be happy to do the same for you. I just get protective of my peeps here... frustrates me when someone comes here for advice and gets made fun of/insulted/etc. by more experienced writers.

I'd love to hear your songs. :grin Does that first one have a second verse or is that the entirety of it?

Hamboogul

As someone who comes here to learn, I concur.

A Pathetic Writer

So far it's just a chorus.. I envision the verse actually being each kid in the room saying his name, like maybe six at a time and try to arrange them so they're in a stanza'd meter of some type.

"My name is Johnny
My name is Tommy
My name is Sue
I'm Jimmy Hoffa
my name is Mustafa
and mine is too!"

something like that.

cluelessspicycinnamon

I have to agree with Maia on this one, although I'll try not to be mean. But really, now.

I dunno. Maybe I"m just wary because of someone who recently showed up at the NBF boards: nbfcamp.proboards20.com/i...1092100200

If anyone reads the above, you won't understand some, becausae we all know each other pretty well and use whatever language we'd like, etc, but really.

Plus, why would you give yourself a username such as that? I could see maybe adding a funny signature that says, Love from me who is a horrible writer or something funnier than that, but really.

But now I will take my opinions elsewhere so I don't get in trouble.

A Pathetic Writer

It's a subtextual pun.

Think about it awhile, and come back to me.

biotales

There are two things you can do if your serious about all of this...
1. Contact an extintion University and find a songwriter who is giving a course in writing in Metered format. Or contact ASCAP OR BMI OR SESAC... any one of these three offer free classes on songwriting...
2. Find a local musican that is good preferably a guitarest and work with them.
Biotales:thumbs

SueB

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writeinmaine.com
A Pathetic Writer said:
I want to make an children's album. What do you think about my songs?

I'M SO GLAD I HAVE A NAME

What if people said "Hey you!"
I'm so glad I have a name!

ORCA, THE KILLER WHALE

CHORUS
Orca, the killer whale
Orca, the killer whale

First there was a whale
and his name was Orca
and he was a killer
Guess you know the rest of the song now!

(CHORUS)

When he was a baby
Orca's mom got killed bad
By a bunch of fishes
Now he's gonna kill them all now!

(CHORUS)

Can anyone help me get studio backing for this? Who here has worked with Panfir?

Can't help you with the studio backing. I personally went to Nashville and paid good money to record a demo.
As for your lyrics, not my taste, but hey--a lot out there in the musical world does not fit my tastes. Have you considered a rap format? Rap is not my taste either, but it seems your lyrics might find an audience of young rappers.