Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Sent out a requested sub. Went over it with a fine-toothed comb another time first, bringing count up to too-many-to-count. Did the same for synopsis. Spent entire morning doing that.

Composed careful "Here's the material you requested" email. Ran spellcheck twice. Took sentence out. Re-added sentence. Re-read several times. Ran spellcheck again. Re-checked agent's original email to make sure I did everything exactly as she wanted.

Hit "send."

Realized I misspelled my own first name.

Mae

this is me - is that you?
Registered
Reaction score
OUCH!

I actually have done that myself TWICE. My last name has an E at the end that I drop at the stupidest time.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now's the time you legally change the spelling of your first name to match the misspell, so you can say you MEANT to do that :)

davids

Banned
Reaction score
No problemo-if they like it you can spell your first name with an X-it just wont matter a tits ass-good luck-oh-really-they do not care-they want it to be good-they need it to be good-it must be good.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Well I got a very nice email this morning acknowledging receipt and saying she'll get back to me asap. Nowhere in the email did she say, "How stupid are you, you messed up spelling your own name, a word I assume you've been writing for quite a few years?"

So I guess I squeaked by! :)

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Sent out a requested sub. Went over it with a fine-toothed comb another time first, bringing count up to too-many-to-count. Did the same for synopsis. Spent entire morning doing that.

Composed careful "Here's the material you requested" email. Ran spellcheck twice. Took sentence out. Re-added sentence. Re-read several times. Ran spellcheck again. Re-checked agent's original email to make sure I did everything exactly as she wanted.

Hit "send."

To re-iterate what others have said...

OUCH!

Don't feel too bad about misspelling your first name, though. I'm sure it's a common mistake, especially when you're trying to send out something that is in perfect form.

I'm also sure they'll understand and probably will not reject your work based solely upon that.

And like one poster pointed out, a Valentine's Day chocolate might be a good idea for you.

As well the rep point...

:)

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
We're all entitled to a Doh! moment every once in a while...however that doesn't make it feel any better. Hey, just think of it this way...it's better than misspelling the agents name! Right?

:)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Doh! It happens, but still....when it DOES happen it feels Doh!

At least you know it was received. As long as the agent likes it, I don't think she'll care if you can spell your own name.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com

Hit "send."

Did I just see you on Miss Snark's blog?

http://misssnark.blogspot.com/2007/02/casting-spells.html

KCH

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Decmber, Dulcimer, Dismember, December,

Many people change the spelling of their names in different stages of their lives. You can just explain that you do it weekly.

If it makes you feel better, I had my own doh day today. Proofed and proofed and sent off a killer query that referenced by previously published boos.

johnzakour

Dangerous with a Keyboard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnzakour.com
People need to see their names spelled right but don't really care how you spell yours. I don't believe a novel has ever been sold based on a person's ability to spell their own name.

Jhon Zkauor

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I do things like that quite frequently. I'm the queen of accidentally swapping letters around.

And if it wasn't for the spellcheck feature in Firefox, I would seem to be quite, well, illiterate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.