What did you survive today?

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17113222/?GT1=9033

Skydiver Michael Holmes survived a two-mile fall, after his parachute and reserve failed to open.

I thought surviving going to Target the day before a big storm is supposed to hit was lucky... now I'm not so sure. This is incredible-- and another reason NOT to jump out of perfectly good airplanes.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17113222/?GT1=9033

I thought surviving going to Target the day before a big storm is supposed to hit was lucky... now I'm not so sure. This is incredible-- and another reason NOT to jump out of perfectly good airplanes.

Hey, don't knock skydiving. LOL Ok, so I've only done it once...and it was a tandem dive...

As for what I survived today...I survived another workout at the gym. Given how hard my friend/trainer works me, that's an accomplishment. Trust me.

Mae

this is me - is that you?
Registered
Reaction score
I survived an hour and a half drive into the city with my newly licensed daughter as the driver... sitting in my car waiting 3 hours for her classes to be over ( at least I was able to write a good chunk ) and then the same trip back home ... in a snowstorm... with her still driving.....

I count four more gray hairs.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I survived a 3 mile jog in the cold. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I have the flu now. Severe headache, chills, fever, bad body aches. I'll let you know in a few days if I survive it. Ack...guess I should have gotten that flu shot.

Bret

Opinionated curmudgeon
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I survived another day in California. It rained today and we aren't even getting a refund.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I survived: a dead video card. (I bought a new one and replaced it this morning)

And a leak under the kitchen sink. I replaced the hose--voila! no more leak.

Pomegranate

Registered
Reaction score
I survived wearing two different colored shoes to work. (They are the same style, just brown and black.) My officemate had a good laugh teasing me about "dressing in the dark."

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I survived grocery shopping at my usual time, which just happened to be the last few hours before a substantial snowfall is due. God, pushy people suck.

Maryn, ill-tempered

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ask me tomorrow at 12:01 AM. I've just less than 9 hours to go before I can declare I've survived anything related to Tuesday.

Dixie

Registered
Reaction score
Might want to try driving on the correct side of the road from now on...

Tell that to the driver of the 18-wheeler. I live on a very narrow 2 lane road that is busy with 18-wheelers 24 hours a day. There is no shoulder to speak of. They won't widen it unless they move the waterlines over which the city nor the county is willing to pay for. Thats what you get here in Backwoods County, AR.

Today I survived a migraine headache and everything I hear makes my ears hurt but yet I am not able to make out specific sounds.

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score

I had to stop at the store on my way home from work. Along with everyfreakingone else in the free world.

I think I'd rather take my chances with the faulty parachute. *grumble grumble stupid snow grumble*

Right now we have 3 inches of snow... expecting 12-16. Meh.

Anonymisty

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mistymassey.com
I survived Day Two of the 2007 Book Fair. Selling books to middle schoolers who don't like to hand over their money until they've argued about the fairness of the pricing for at least ten minutes, accompanied by groaning, whining and a relatively impressive amount of negotiation.

Three days more to go.

lfraser

Bored and Frantic
Registered
Reaction score
I've been just fine all day, but my partner barely survived the death of the motherboard on one of my computers --the one that held a game of Morrowind that I've been playing in little chunks of time for over four months.