PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here write classical music?

Hapsburg
12-02-2004, 01:22 PM
I compose mainly in the neo-romantic style for piano and string quartets...any one else? anyone by chance? Bueler?

SueB
04-01-2005, 11:06 PM
I compose mainly in the neo-romantic style for piano and string quartets...any one else? anyone by chance? Bueler?

Hi Hapsburg!
Yes, I too write classical music. (my degree is in jazz, however.)
Actually, I write in many genres. But I'm afraid my early classical training is evident in all my writing.
In my writing, my favorite 2 pieces --the first is in a jazz genre--only because of the harmonics.
my second favorite piece is a 2 part invention.
I too write mainly for piano. It is my major instrument. But because I am a vocalist, I tend to write a lot of material that can be 'sung'.
Nice talking with you. :Guitar: :banana:
SueB

hapsburg
04-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Hey!

there's someone out there afterall! We should swap music and confer, we're a dying breed. I have manuscripts and audio downloads on my site if you wanna check em out. Touch base!

SueB
04-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Hey!

there's someone out there afterall! We should swap music and confer, we're a dying breed. I have manuscripts and audio downloads on my site if you wanna check em out. Touch base!

OK, J. Klor. I'll check out your material, after this contest craziness is over. OK? Feel free to email me at writeinmaine.com
And you're right, we do seem to be a dieing breed. Although, it's really neat to look at much of the music today and see elements of the old genre. They don't die!
Keep a song in your heart!
SueB

BattleChaser
04-09-2005, 09:33 PM
hi-
I do not write music but you may be able to find some more people here that do: http://www.soundclick.com/genres/charts.cfm?genre=Classical

You would also be able to share any pieces that you produce and record.
I'm just a member of the site just like on this site, so I'm not pushing it for my benefit.

Sincerely,

Thekherham
05-23-2005, 07:37 AM
I "write" classical music.