What is your musical style?

TCreek

I would guess the best way to describe my style is a more modernistic approach to New Age. What about you guys?

Nick Fletcher

My musical style is R 'n' B/ Hip Hop/ Rap..........that sort of thing, probably not the thing you'd see on this site!!!

I am on a lot of other sites for that though, and they help a lot, I find it very easy to write songs myself, I have written quite a few and even produced my own mixtape!!!

ShadowGuide

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.votrevray.blogspot.com
This is a fun thread. Thanks for starting it.

I do a bit of Celtic-inspired (a capella), semi-big band era (think Ella Fitgerald's I'm Old Fashioned up through to Peggy Lee's Fever), alternative (Tori Amos-inspired), and help my husband with his metal music too.
Lately, I've been playing around with Joss Stone's style, though.

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not a songwriter, but my husband is a musician/songwriter. Sometimes, I'll help him with some of his lyrics. The music style is rock/blues/folk.

I've written poems that my husband has put music to and some of them turned out pretty cool. We were just funnin' around, never turned them into a complete song. But a few, I think, would be some pretty good songs.

celeste

Last edited:

blazer774433

Mine is more of the Classic Rock, and even some hippie rock, like The Stones, Dylan, Marly, AC/DC, Ozzy, that kinda stuff. But I also have a thing for one classic gothrock artist....and thats Ronnie James Dio....I love that guy.

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
The only way I can really answer that is by way of a little story -

When I was younger, the only music we had in the house were jazz and classical albums. My parents are both trained musicians, so popular music never really made the grade with them.

When my brother started high school, he began bringing home all kinds of New Wave, Next Wave, punk and early alternative albums. I started swiping a few of his albums and listening to them.

When I started college, I started getting into Irish trad, folk and blues music.

When I got married, my wife brought her Jersey Girl collection of late-80s hair bands and neo-hippie music to the house.

So what you wind up after all that is a 25-year veteran guitar player who sounds an awful lot like Mark Knopfler when he plays, but can shred when necessary, as well as throw in some pretty awesome jazz licks and classical style techniques as well.

Dewayne

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dewaynegore.com
I play all kinds of music; Hard/Classic Rock, Blues, Country, etc. Most of my stuff depends on my particular mood at the moment. I'm written quite a few "Rock-a-Billy" tunes as well as some country stuff, but most have been more Rock than anything else. I have a lot of different influences in my musical styles, ranging from Pink Floyd to Santana to Kenny Wayne Shepard.

I'm not the greatest guitarist in the world, but if you'd like to hear some of my "messing around" stuff, feel free to check out these on my website (keep in mind that I recorded all these parts myself and tried to mix them on my pc, so forgive them if they sound sucky....lol):

http://www.dewaynegore.com/guitar1.html

http://www.dewaynegore.com/guitar2.html

http://www.dewaynegore.com/guitar3.html

Zecragon

Registered
Reaction score
My Style is rock, really sometimes it seems like Soft Rock, but I'm trying more on the side of Metal and Arena Rock, good stuff. Unfourtunately, I really have NO style, as I've no musical compadres down this stretch of road. I think it all for the better though, because my last we're a bunch of lazy bums...