Relaxation tips

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Is anyone else REALLY busy lately? I haven't been able to breathe lately, I've had so much stuff going on. Any good relaxation tips?

UPDATE-

It's a damn good thing I started this thread. About an hour after I started it, I felt like I couldn't breathe, like my throat was being clamped, like my clothes were suffocating me, and I actually had minor chest pain. Turns out I had an anxiety attack (something I hadn't had in years, and never to this intensity). Guess I'll be needing these tips more than I thought, eh?

Last edited:

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Here’s a few Tsuki:

1. Get a journal and write down random thoughts, draw or write your journal to someone. I recommend before bed or early in the morning.
2. Exercising in the morning will help blood flow and relax your body.
3. Close your bedroom door shut the lights off and lay flat on the floor making sure your back is flat, and hands at your sides. Concentrate on relaxing your toes, and when they are completely relaxed, move to your feet and finish with your scalp. Do this before bed, or first thing in the morning.

If these don’t work, buy a bottle of Strega (JK).

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Don't read TIO

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Find a bunch of cardboard boxes, some sort of blunt weapon like a staff or something, and just go crazy on them. It's surprising how much it helps.

Although I would recommend doing this in a private area. Explaining the situation can be a bit awkward.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Find a bunch of cardboard boxes, some sort of blunt weapon like a staff or something, and just go crazy on them. It's surprising how much it helps.

Although I would recommend doing this in a private area. Explaining the situation can be a bit awkward.
They're used to me doing stuff like this. I'm so few questions, if any, will be asked. Damn box could use a good ass whooping....

Deadbeat 007

Matriarch of Mediocrity
Registered
Reaction score
Go to sleep?

Sorry, I'm no good with stress. You could try taking a warm shower, then blasting it on cold. I don't know how it'd make you feel better, but it'll certainly take your mind off things.

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?

I used to buy glass items at garage sales. Then, when I would get stressed I would take them and throw them, one at a time, into a big trash can. There is nothing like the sound of glass breaking.

But now, this is more my style...(can't afford the glass at the moment. ;))
Close your bedroom door shut the lights off and lay flat on the floor making sure your back is flat, and hands at your sides. Concentrate on relaxing your toes, and when they are completely relaxed, move to your feet and finish with your scalp. Do this before bed, or first thing in the morning.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmm... Pepsi... now you've got me craving soda.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Tsuki, I'll invite you again to visit the house of peace, calm & serenity. Everyone swears that it makes them calmer and less stressful. You'll be surprised at whose calm in our little house. Hope you feel less stressed out whatever you're doing.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Here’s a few Tsuki:

1. Get a journal and write down random thoughts, draw or write your journal to someone. I recommend before bed or early in the morning.
2. Exercising in the morning will help blood flow and relax your body.
3. Close your bedroom door shut the lights off and lay flat on the floor making sure your back is flat, and hands at your sides. Concentrate on relaxing your toes, and when they are completely relaxed, move to your feet and finish with your scalp. Do this before bed, or first thing in the morning.

If these don’t work, buy a bottle of Strega (JK).
Ah, I'll try these tonight. I need to something close to meditation again. I don't get to do it nearly as often as I used to, and what better time than to start up now?

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I was in the hospital they gave me valuim. *grin*

Since I couldn't deep breath and all.

For me it's music and closed eyes, usually smooth jazz does it. Or just a calm quiet room with candle light, kids locked in the closet. Sometimes the pounding gets me right in the heart. Sometimes. TMI?

Just kidding.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
The best relaxation I got all weekend was playing with ice to see who'd throw the biggest chunk at the school :D

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Lie on your back in a quiet place.
Close your eyes.
Watch your breathing. As you watch, count to four as you breathe in.
Hold your breath to a count of four.
Breathe out to a count of eight.
Try to keep that rythym as long as you can. The main thing is to WATCH yourself breathing. Every time your mind wonders away, bring it back and watch yourself breathing again.
Get someone to give you a head massage.
Stand in an open doorway, reach up and grab the upper door jamb with your fingers. Pretend to hang inthe doorway.
Generally, try Yoga. Just a few basic stretches wil work miracles.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
When I was in the hospital they gave me valuim. *grin*

Since I couldn't deep breath and all.

For me it's music and closed eyes, usually smooth jazz does it. Or just a calm quiet room with candle light, kids locked in the closet. Sometimes the pounding gets me right in the heart. Sometimes. TMI?

Just kidding.
Valium would do WONDERS for me right now.... :D

Heeheehee, I can't lock everyone in the closet, Terri. My family is too fat- I'll have to use the basement!

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What Aruna said.
Try following your breath, too. See, feel, or imagine your breath traveling through your body. Take it everywhere from top of your head to the tips of your toes.
Breathe in calmness and breath out stress.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thank you, everyone. I exercised for about 2 hours last night (running faster than I ever thought I could. Wore my ass out, but I didn't feel as crappy), which tired me out and I got a nice relxing sleep. I didn't sleep a full night like I'd have liked to, but it helped nonetheless. :)