When a poet falls. Can anyone hear?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I just received notification that my poem, City Sleeps, came in as a finalist in the last Artella Words and Art Poetic Idol Contest. I checked back on the last two contests and figured out when notification was and figured it was safe to post it to my blog...because they would have told the winners who they were by now. Turns out they were a bit late notifying. hehe. I quickly deleted it from my blog. Oops.

Anyway, from 2nd place, to 1st place and now...down to finalist. I hope some fine poet here is above me on the ladder. I made sure to keep the throne nice and toasty for the arrival of the next Idol.

slinking out with my 'finalist' win.

Reaction score
Um, if I was nice, I'd say well done, or something.

But I'm not, so I can't, so you'll just have to live with it, dude!

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Hey Scarlet. I'm okay with that. It feels like a demerit to me anyway. I think I will buy me something to whip myself with as repentance. I'm going to say thanks anyway, because I know if you weren't such a miserable heckler you would be singing my hallelujahs. I can almost hear them echoing in the space between your empty helmet pads. So thank you kindly for your words unspoken.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Yes. And I you. I love a little crazy on my side of the fence. Keeps me company. It's a lonely yard, this crazy is.

Reaction score
A few of my personalities are amused by you. A few are intrigued. Still more are frightened, in a girly, might-pee-my-pants kinda way. But I have nappies, so it's all good.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Others still are wondering if I'm okay with wet nappies.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I loved City Sleeps. (read it on your blog).
Don't consider it a demerit. It would be a real challenge to come in 1st or 2nd place for each of their contests (every 4 months.), don't you think?
Consider that you set the bar that showed others what it takes to win and they are stretching for it.

Reaction score
KTC uses big words in his poems. They confuse me. I think this is because they are coded messages back to his home planet. Or something. :)

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Thanks Trish. I'm okay with finalist actually. I really thought that they had already decided I didn't even get that. I think the poem's okay...but no great shakes. I actually submitting 3, which is the amount you're allowed to submit per entry. The other 2 I held off posting to my blog on the off chance that they still hadn't made their decisions...thinking, "Well, if they're late contacting the winners and finalists, I'm sure that one won't win. I will post it and hold off on the other two." I still had hope for them. Funny, eh? You never know. Anyway, I quickly made it gone. I should have learned by now!

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Scarscar. They are coded messages...but the aliens I send them to are here on earth with me. I am their messiah. I am rounding them up as we speak. We meet in a church basement...the coffee is smack laced and the brownies...well, I don't even have to mention the brownies. My big words are laced with significant data that can be read only by my minions. We shall not here discuss the tinfoil helmets. Shhhh.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting, Kevin. You can ignore my PM now. I also received the "Finalist" notification from Artella, so I'm in the life boat with you. I wasn't sure what "finalist" meant, but this thread clears it up. I guess it's a three-pat hug and a noogie for each of us. Better than a rejection, though.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Your PM actually raised a question for me. LOL. Does everybody who does not make the top 5 and honorary mention receive 'finalist'? LOL. Well. I'm glad to be in your boat!

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poetic justice just found new meaning for me.

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I understand this post's intention. Can you explain?
He was just having him a say about a thing. Why does he have to explain? :)

skelly

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
he doesn't. but I can ask, right?
You just invented the first message board black hole. Everything is swirling away.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
sing-songy doesn't suit you darling. Stick with acceptances and keep the poetic wheel turning turning turning.

skelly

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
There is no swirling in black holes.
No I think they swirl. I could probably prove that if we could agree on a definition of "swirl" that we both agree on. Anyway, congrats or commiseration on whatever it was that you started this thread about. I've been over to your site and read a lot of your work. If it's that you got some sort of honor, then congrats. It is well deserved. If on the other hand you are saying that you did not get some sort of honor, then I would say that it is only a matter of time. You have a pretty impressive body of work. Do you submit your work for publication, as well as enter it in contests?
eta: wtf?

skelly

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I could have fixed my previous post in the edit ... instead I chose to highlite the goof instead. I wonder how many times my inability to communicate in this medium has thusly tripped me up. Mmmmm. Wondering. And thuslying. Anyway, whatever it is, I reckon you'll live through it.

: )

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Poetic justice just found new meaning for me.

I don't think I understand this post's intention. Can you explain?

I don't know exactly, Trish. It had something to do with the light bantering being posted. It was using the term "poetic justice" to mean something else. That's as about as much as I'll be dissecting this particular frog.