consider only a very small fraction of works I'd
otherwise love to read.

I'm very glad to hear of your tremendous attitude and
fortitude.

Thank you, again, and my best wishes for your every
success.

Regards,

Agent

I rewrote my query letter for this memoir of mine and I am encouraged by this rejection, but still I wish it had been an acceptance and request for a partial at the very least. I am up to over thirty rejections at this point and wondering if I am ever going to hear those words I need to hear that ask for a reading of my book.

It's darn depressing to get yet another one from another agent I was really hopeful would give me a shot. I am frustrated, but still determined to go on querying until I find one who is not overwhelmed with projects. Group hug anyone? :Hug2: :cry:

andracill

Registered
Reaction score
Rejections are so hard! But I've accumulated close to 75...and that's not including those who never responded (which is an assumed rejection). Hang in there! It'll happen for you -- as I've heard many times in conferences on forums like these: the only difference between a published author and not is perserverence :D

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
I totally believe that too andracill, I am sure I will end up finding an agent at some point, I just wish it was happening now for me. How long have you been trying to find an agent now? It's been about five months for me and I haven't stopped writing or querying yet. :)

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Yea, but what an awesome rejection!

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah it was really great I have to admit, I was pretty pleased that the new Query letter I wrote had more impact. :D

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Saundra! I really am hopeful that it will, I have queries so many agents already I was really glad when this letter I rewrote brought forth these results with that agent who I sent it to. In time I am sure I will find a willing agent. :)

Penguin Queen

Break the rules.
Registered
Reaction score
Cardiff. Berlin. Mars. (One day.) Buenos Aires, so
Website
www.herrad.net
Collecting rejections is really depressing. But as you say -- youve worked on your letter & it's resulted in this personalised letter, rather than the usual rejection slip. :) That's def a couple of steps in the right direction.
Think of JK Rowling getting turned down by so many publishers.
And keep going after them -- you'll get there.

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Penguin Queen, I know in time I will get there, someone will be interested and able to take it on as a project it's all just in the timing. :D This one is the best rejection yet. ;)

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the rejection, Pamster! You've got a great attitude, though-- glad to know you aren't giving up. ;)

~ Maddy

FloVoyager

Will write for chocolate
Registered
Reaction score
The agent said you have an intriguing concept. That's encouraging. Keep querying. :Hug2:

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the rejection, Pamster! You've got a great attitude, though-- glad to know you aren't giving up. ;)

~ Maddy

Thanks Maddy, I am definitely getting closer to finding the right agent I think. I am just glad the new letter made all the difference, now if I can find the right agent with space on their list to take it on I'll be really happy. :D

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Tia, I definitely think it worked and did it's job. Maybe I should post the old one and the new one in the SYW forum, it was because of the help I got from the query for my children's story that I rewrote the one for my memoir. Would anyone like to see the two letters to compare them? :)

Hillgate

On location
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Pamster. From reading this thread it sounds as though you will get there. No-one is going to say 'intriguing concept' in writing unless they mean it, which means you have something that at least someone in the biz thinks is intriguing. Just make sure, and I'm sure you already have, that it is also marketable. It sounds, from what you've said, that it is.

Just keep going - initial rejection makes the final acceptance all the sweeter!

Good luck :)

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much for validating what this rejection made me feel Hillgate, I was really excited to read it and was stunned by the verbiage used. I just had to share it here. :D Thanks for the encouragement, I know it's just a matter of time before I find the agent who will say yes and better yet, by the one to SELL my Memoir. :D

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Stay positive, pamster. I hope you find an agent who loves your project. Best of luck!

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks CaroGirl! I am sure I will it's just frustrating trying to find one who's not too busy you know? ;) :) They're out there I know they are I have to just keep sending the queries out to find them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.