Everyone, get off the road NOW

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
This morning my dad says, "We're going to get your driver's permit today". I HATE driving, and I'm pretty sure everyone else hates the idea of me driving. Tsuki, who can't even sit down without hurting something, behind the wheel is NOT a good idea.

And yet, I said, "Well... okay." I didn't study for it or anything, but hey, I've never studied for a test in my life. And, I kind of hope I fail. I've gotten further using my own two feet and resources than most people have gotten in their entire lives. I don't need to drive.

Well, I'll be part of the driving world soon. Son of a bitch....

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Convince your parents that you need a butler / chauffeur.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
This morning my dad says, "We're going to get your driver's permit today". I HATE driving, and I'm pretty sure everyone else hates the idea of me driving. Tsuki, who can't even sit down without hurting something, behind the wheel is NOT a good idea.

Well, I'll be part of the driving world soon. Son of a bitch....

You'll be fine! Driving gives you independance.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Some driving advice:

- If the light is yellow, you can still make it.

- Let the other guy worry about your blind spot.

- It isn't speeding if there isn't a cop to catch you.

- 10 points for the old lady with grocery bag if the eggs don't crack.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Some driving advice:

- If the light is yellow, you can still make it.

- Let the other guy worry about your blind spot.

- It isn't speeding if there isn't a cop to catch you.

- 10 points for the old lady with grocery bag if the eggs don't crack.
You forgot that the blind guy can wait, parking on curbs leaves more room for the road, and I ALWAYS have the right of way/

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't want to drive either. You'll be fine.

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
I'm 27 and I just got my regular driver's license. I would go without but the public transportation here is horrible and riding my bicycle makes me fear for my life.

So stay off the sidewalks I'm getting a car soon.

It takes time to get used to it Tsuki and just because you have a permit doesn't mean you have to get a car or your regular license.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm 27 and I just got my regular driver's license. I would go without but the public transportation here is horrible and riding my bicycle makes me fear for my life.

So stay off the sidewalks I'm getting a car soon.

It takes time to get used to it Tsuki and just because you have a permit doesn't mean you have to get a car or your regular license.

Heeheehee. Five bucks says that we'll end up crashing into each other. I could be in the Arctic, and I still guarantee I'll end up hitting you.

Hey, that's right. I don't have to get my license.... Sweet!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I looooooooove driving. Just imagine that life is your own personal NASCAR race. Trading paint is great fun. :D

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I looooooooove driving. Just imagine that life is your own personal NASCAR race. Trading paint is great fun. :D
Do you have any idea how many I'm going to end up unintentionally killing? Murder never bothered me much, but it has to be intentional. I'll be killing everything I see!

startwearingpurple

wild crazy curves of me.
Registered
Reaction score
Your lucky man my dad wont let me do my driveing test till after ive done my leaving cert.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
When my daughter was little, we quizzed her from her baby seat, "Beth, what does the red light mean?"
She said, "It means Stop."
"What does the Green light mean?"
She wiggled in her seat. "It means Go."
"And what does the Yellow light mean?"
She giggled. "It means Go Faster, Daddy!"

Needless to say, my daughter will be eighteen in May and she still doesn't have her license. I bought her the book to study a year ago.

I didn't get my license until I was 24, and my brother is now 47 and still doesn't have his.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Update-

I took the test, and I passed. I didn't study for it, and yet I passed. What the hell type of country is going to let me learn to drive? Damn it all!

The same hell type of country that lets 100 year olds careen into folks on the sidewalk at a farmers market.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Heeheehee. Five bucks says that we'll end up crashing into each other. I could be in the Arctic, and I still guarantee I'll end up hitting you.

Hey, that's right. I don't have to get my license.... Sweet!
:roll: You crack me up everytime. Please write humor, no wait, write about your new dog. Hhahaaa...u is funny!

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
When my daughter was little, we quizzed her from her baby seat, "Beth, what does the red light mean?"
She said, "It means Stop."
"What does the Green light mean?"
She wiggled in her seat. "It means Go."
"And what does the Yellow light mean?"
She giggled. "It means Go Faster, Daddy!"

Needless to say, my daughter will be eighteen in May and she still doesn't have her license. I bought her the book to study a year ago.

I didn't get my license until I was 24, and my brother is now 47 and still doesn't have his.
Heeheehee. Mom and Dad used to quiz me in the car, too. Whenever Mom asked, I knew to go by the "real" laws. Whenever Dad quizzed me, I could go by Dad's fun "laws". Yellow light meant floor it, an intersection jam meant drive on the curb, cops behind you meant smile real big and put on your seat belt, driving by a semitruck meant waving your arms until you hear their big horn, and any reason you have to flick someone off was completely justified.

I was originally hoping not to start driving until at least age 20 (hate hate hate hate hate!) but Dad tricked me into it. Now, he's going to force me to drive. I don't want to. I don't, I don't, I dont!!!

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, if you can manage to make a wrong turn across a few thousand miles of Pacific Ocean to bump into me, I'll... I guess I'll buy you lunch. ;)

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I'm not a danger at all behind the weel. I'm so panicked by driving that I can't exceed 15 km/h.

Oh, but once I nearly drove into a river to avoid hitting a dog. My dad yelled: "just run him over!!" but I just couldn't. I bet I'd rather die than kill a stray animal.