PDA

View Full Version : Everyone, get off the road NOW

TsukiRyoko
02-09-2007, 06:36 PM
This morning my dad says, "We're going to get your driver's permit today". I HATE driving, and I'm pretty sure everyone else hates the idea of me driving. Tsuki, who can't even sit down without hurting something, behind the wheel is NOT a good idea.

And yet, I said, "Well... okay." I didn't study for it or anything, but hey, I've never studied for a test in my life. And, I kind of hope I fail. I've gotten further using my own two feet and resources than most people have gotten in their entire lives. I don't need to drive.

Well, I'll be part of the driving world soon. Son of a bitch....

tourdeforce
02-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Convince your parents that you need a butler / chauffeur.

Bmwhtly
02-09-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm suddenly glad there's an ocean between us.

TsukiRyoko
02-09-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm suddenly glad there's an ocean between us.
Pfft, like that makes a difference. In time, I will have successfully careened my car into every valuable possession you own.

TsukiRyoko
02-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Convince your parents that you need a butler / chauffeur.Or a bike :D

aadams73
02-09-2007, 06:54 PM
This morning my dad says, "We're going to get your driver's permit today". I HATE driving, and I'm pretty sure everyone else hates the idea of me driving. Tsuki, who can't even sit down without hurting something, behind the wheel is NOT a good idea.

Well, I'll be part of the driving world soon. Son of a bitch....

You'll be fine! Driving gives you independance.

TsukiRyoko
02-09-2007, 06:55 PM
You'll be fine! Driving gives you independance. I'm independent enough as it is. I don't wanna drive. *pouts in corner*

I'm not going to make it past the age of 30. Thanks, Dad....

tourdeforce
02-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Some driving advice:

- If the light is yellow, you can still make it.

- Let the other guy worry about your blind spot.

- It isn't speeding if there isn't a cop to catch you.

- 10 points for the old lady with grocery bag if the eggs don't crack.

TsukiRyoko
02-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Some driving advice:

- If the light is yellow, you can still make it.

- Let the other guy worry about your blind spot.

- It isn't speeding if there isn't a cop to catch you.

- 10 points for the old lady with grocery bag if the eggs don't crack.
You forgot that the blind guy can wait, parking on curbs leaves more room for the road, and I ALWAYS have the right of way/

WildScribe
02-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I didn't want to drive either. You'll be fine.

Lyra Jean
02-09-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm 27 and I just got my regular driver's license. I would go without but the public transportation here is horrible and riding my bicycle makes me fear for my life.

So stay off the sidewalks I'm getting a car soon.

It takes time to get used to it Tsuki and just because you have a permit doesn't mean you have to get a car or your regular license.

TsukiRyoko
02-09-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm 27 and I just got my regular driver's license. I would go without but the public transportation here is horrible and riding my bicycle makes me fear for my life.

So stay off the sidewalks I'm getting a car soon.

It takes time to get used to it Tsuki and just because you have a permit doesn't mean you have to get a car or your regular license.

Heeheehee. Five bucks says that we'll end up crashing into each other. I could be in the Arctic, and I still guarantee I'll end up hitting you.

Hey, that's right. I don't have to get my license.... Sweet!

Soccer Mom
02-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I looooooooove driving. Just imagine that life is your own personal NASCAR race. Trading paint is great fun. :D

TsukiRyoko
02-09-2007, 08:02 PM
I looooooooove driving. Just imagine that life is your own personal NASCAR race. Trading paint is great fun. :D
Do you have any idea how many I'm going to end up unintentionally killing? Murder never bothered me much, but it has to be intentional. I'll be killing everything I see!

TsukiRyoko
02-09-2007, 08:29 PM
I didn't want to drive either. You'll be fine.Why can't I just walk though? Or take the bus? Or mooch?

Driving is ruining my goal of being a bum. ;)

startwearingpurple
02-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Your lucky man my dad wont let me do my driveing test till after ive done my leaving cert.

TsukiRyoko
02-10-2007, 02:29 AM
Update-

I took the test, and I passed. I didn't study for it, and yet I passed. What the hell type of country is going to let me learn to drive? Damn it all!

Chumplet
02-10-2007, 02:36 AM
When my daughter was little, we quizzed her from her baby seat, "Beth, what does the red light mean?"
She said, "It means Stop."
"What does the Green light mean?"
She wiggled in her seat. "It means Go."
"And what does the Yellow light mean?"
She giggled. "It means Go Faster, Daddy!"

Needless to say, my daughter will be eighteen in May and she still doesn't have her license. I bought her the book to study a year ago.

I didn't get my license until I was 24, and my brother is now 47 and still doesn't have his.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
02-10-2007, 02:41 AM
Update-

I took the test, and I passed. I didn't study for it, and yet I passed. What the hell type of country is going to let me learn to drive? Damn it all!

The same hell type of country that lets 100 year olds careen into folks on the sidewalk at a farmers market.

SpookyWriter
02-10-2007, 02:43 AM
Heeheehee. Five bucks says that we'll end up crashing into each other. I could be in the Arctic, and I still guarantee I'll end up hitting you.

Hey, that's right. I don't have to get my license.... Sweet!:roll: You crack me up everytime. Please write humor, no wait, write about your new dog. Hhahaaa...u is funny!

TsukiRyoko
02-10-2007, 03:59 AM
:roll: You crack me up everytime. Please write humor, no wait, write about your new dog. Hhahaaa...u is funny! Why would I want to write about Haggis? :D

I'm going to try my hand at humor in the very near future. Let's hope I'm decent at it :).

TsukiRyoko
02-10-2007, 04:07 AM
When my daughter was little, we quizzed her from her baby seat, "Beth, what does the red light mean?"
She said, "It means Stop."
"What does the Green light mean?"
She wiggled in her seat. "It means Go."
"And what does the Yellow light mean?"
She giggled. "It means Go Faster, Daddy!"

Needless to say, my daughter will be eighteen in May and she still doesn't have her license. I bought her the book to study a year ago.

I didn't get my license until I was 24, and my brother is now 47 and still doesn't have his.
Heeheehee. Mom and Dad used to quiz me in the car, too. Whenever Mom asked, I knew to go by the "real" laws. Whenever Dad quizzed me, I could go by Dad's fun "laws". Yellow light meant floor it, an intersection jam meant drive on the curb, cops behind you meant smile real big and put on your seat belt, driving by a semitruck meant waving your arms until you hear their big horn, and any reason you have to flick someone off was completely justified.

I was originally hoping not to start driving until at least age 20 (hate hate hate hate hate!) but Dad tricked me into it. Now, he's going to force me to drive. I don't want to. I don't, I don't, I dont!!!

Tiger
02-10-2007, 04:07 AM
Hey, if you can manage to make a wrong turn across a few thousand miles of Pacific Ocean to bump into me, I'll... I guess I'll buy you lunch. ;)

TsukiRyoko
02-10-2007, 04:12 AM
Hey, if you can manage to make a wrong turn across a few thousand miles of Pacific Ocean to bump into me, I'll... I guess I'll buy you lunch. ;)
Hell yes! Lunch! If I end up by the Pacific Ocean, I'll be parched, hungry, and, thanks to gas inflation, broke! :)

DamaNegra
02-10-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm not a danger at all behind the weel. I'm so panicked by driving that I can't exceed 15 km/h.

Oh, but once I nearly drove into a river to avoid hitting a dog. My dad yelled: "just run him over!!" but I just couldn't. I bet I'd rather die than kill a stray animal.

TsukiRyoko
02-10-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm not a danger at all behind the weel. I'm so panicked by driving that I can't exceed 15 km/h.

Oh, but once I nearly drove into a river to avoid hitting a dog. My dad yelled: "just run him over!!" but I just couldn't. I bet I'd rather die than kill a stray animal.
I'm the same way with animals. My Dad took me out driving once when I was 12, and I ran the car into a building to avoid a bird who was innocently pecking seeds from the street. If I come across an animal on the freeway or something, traffic's going to be held up for hours because there's going to be a HUGE crash and hopefully a very safe animal.

aruna
02-10-2007, 12:24 PM
When my son was having his crazy rebellious phase at the age of 13 he used to sneak out at night and borrow the car. He used to pick up all his friends and drive aruond the place all night. He taught himself to drive. This went on for several days, and the only way we noticed is when my husband noticed that the petrol was way way down, and that the car was muddy. He told me what he suspected but I couldn't believe it, "He can't drive!! I said. But then we talked and he 'fessed up right away.

When he was 16, and we lived in England, he borrowed my car again, he didn't have a licence; youned to be 16 for that. He had been drinking. The police woke my up at 1 am to say he'd had an accident. He had tried to turn a corner at top speed and hit a statue. His head broke the windshield. All he had, though, was a bump.
Another time, he was 17, he got some bad news about a girlfriend (she had been raped) who lived in north Germany. We lived in South Germany, he went crazy. Jumped into a car and raced at top speed to north Germany, screaming murder. I called him on the cell phone but all he did was scream at me "I'm going to kill him! I'm going to kill him!" There's no speed limit in Germany...
He even had an accident, jumped back into the car, and continued his race.

When I tell you I don;t know how my son survived his youth I'm telling the truth. Now he;s fine, drives a lot, fast but well. He hasn't had an accident in 2 years - touch wood.

My daughter is very eager to drive an dwil start whenshe turns 17 in July. She loves speed too. Her brother is teaching her....

Little Red Barn
02-10-2007, 04:52 PM
suki, good for you- you'll be great...just yell for them to get off the sidewalks... :D
and you can take yourself to the bookstore anytime. :)

Lyra Jean
02-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Update-

When I was in South Carolina there was a woman who got all the letters wrong on the eye exam. They let her keep guessing until she got it correct. Although she kept saying the letter E was the number 3. At least I hope so or her vision is worse than I thought.

Deadbeat 007
02-11-2007, 03:24 AM
Total the car. Problem solved.