You've been Tagged!

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I was tagged by no less than three AWlers on MySpace and I;m supposed to tag ten more. Trouble is, I donlt know enough people there to tag them, So I'm doing it here.

I have to reveal 10 little-knonw facts about myself, and then tag ten more by sending thema PM..

Here goes:

1. My three front teeth are missing. The teeth you see in that smile there - they're fake! When I was about 22 I had a bad fall in India, landing on my mouth. The front teeth were wobbling for a few days. Months later, the dentist found out that the nerves were dead; by this time I was in Germany, just married, and had good dental insurance - luckily. It was a complicated process which involved filing down four of the neihbouring teeth into spikes, and I ended up with a permanent bridge of seven teeth, and I've had it ever since.

2. I have a "funny finger". The forefinger of my left hand is short and sticks up in the air; if I hold a teacup in my left hand it looks as if I'm trying to be veddy veddy posh. When I was a 10-year-old tomboy I fell from a great height and broke the joint between that finger and my hand, and it never healed. I can't bend that joint, and the finger never grew, so it's as short as it was when I was ten! It proved inconvenient for things like typewriting and playing the piano and guitar. Otherwise I'd have been a musician instead of a writer... just kidding! That's alsp the reason I make so many typos - I can't use the finger to type with and so have to jump around the keyboard a lot.

OK, enough of disabilities. Now for some Celebrity Name dropping:

3. (many of you know this one so I wont go into details) I spent a day with Mohammend Ali in 1973.

4. I had lunch under the same roof as King Carlos of Spain. Again, it was in India, at the ashram I visit. The ex-Queen Frederika of Greece was a regular visitor there - I knew her. And once her family came to visit. That was ex-King Constantine, and the entire Spanish royal family, who are conected to the Greek lroyal family through marriage. As was usual there, we all ate in the same room. We "normal" people sat on the floor; I think the royal family had tables, but certainly very simple ones, nothing at all fancy. I'm not sure if they ate from leaf plates using their hands, as we did.

5 I was the first child to travel unaccompanied on an aeroplane in the West Indiaes. I was six or seven, travelling from Barbados - where my aunt lived - back to Guyana. It was on BWIA (British West Indian Airways). There was a photo of me in the newspapers, leaving the plane holding the stewardesses's hand.

6) I am afraid of heights. I love looking at mountains, but hate climbing them.

7) My family tree goes back to James Cook. It hasn't been verified but that's what they say.

8) I took the mind-altering drug Ayahuasca from an Amazonian Indian bruja (medicine woman) and spent a night hobnbbing with jungle spirits, back in 1971

9) I travelled overland to India from England, hitching theough Europe and then taking buses and trains through Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan; you can't do that any more.

10) When I was three I almost burnt myself to death setting fire to the house we were living in; it's one of my first memories. We were in England in winter and we had a fireplace with a real fire. There was a fire-shield in front of the fire and the adults used to place newspapers against the fire-shield to create a draught to get the fire going. I tried it when I was alone. I remember clearly the fire and being dragged from it by my dad.

OK, I tag:

DamaNegra, Stew, Ray, Bravo, P.H Delarran, NeuroFizz, Susie, icerose, Tiger, Ol' fashioned Girl

Last edited:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I'll give it a go. Here goes.

l. I have a cap on my front tooth. I fell when I was a little girl.

2. I once played a reindeer in a school play at Christmastime and my older sister was really embarrased since she went to the same school.

3. I would have liked to be a comedian. People tell me I'm funny.:)

4. I wish I could have either sang or been a famous painter. I love both things and I'm great at paint by number kits and singing in the shower.

5. I love doing needlepoint. It's relaxing, but kind of hard on my eyes.

6. I was once tested at typing 105 wpm when I worked as a secretary. I hated it!

7. I really wanted to be a social worker.

8. My nails are long now, but I used to bite them down to the nubs.

9. When I was 18 I went on a youth hostel trip and visited 12 European countries in 2 months. I came back skinny, losing 20 pounds!

10. My mother's cousin is Neil Diamond, though he wouldn't know her if he saw her.:)

Ok, I tag Kimmi, Carrie, Ayna, Maddy, Soccer Mom, ToT, Freckles, Kate T., Jongfan and aadams

Last edited:

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I wish I could have either sang or been a famous painter. I love both things and I'm great at paint by number kits and singing in the shower.

I owul dhave LOVED to be able to sing. I'd almost rather be a singer than a writer.. or some kind of musician, But I have bo gift whatsoever for music and I sing like a frog. Thanks, Susie!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That was fun, Aruna and found your l0 very interesting. Just sorry you had some trouble. :Hug2: PS I can't sing a note either, but I do it anyway! lol.

Last edited:

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Suse...I got your PM :Hug2:

1. I have a great passion for kids, animals, and the elderly...and not in any particular order...and I am usually working with one of these groups at any given time.

2. I blast my home with every type of music; rap, heavy rock, country, opera...loves it all...I'm so weird about music.

3. I hate oatmeal, period.

4. I want to go to Ireland and Scotland...hmmm, and I wonder if I would come back.

5. I almost died in a plane crash when I was 22.

6. I have dated a rock star. And dined with a president, now defunct.

7. I try to live in my 'Old Friends' moccs all year round.

8. I think that bad boy, Sawyer on Lost is hot...

9. My husband and teen are spoiled rotten...see the barn... to the front is a very tiny 100 yr. cottage ..Yup, I could easily live there...but they live in a Hollister - Abrecrombie world...bling bling I don't care about.

10. ...but I'm crazy about my family.

Ok...I tag William..yeah you William, if you dare. Also-- aadams, Dantes, clock orange (cHris), gpatten, jaycith, tiger, scarletpeaches, billy, jean-marie.
;)

Last edited:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I'm barely awake this morning and I find I've been tagged! By Aruna! Can I think of ten things to reveal about myself? And can I think of ten others to tag? Let's see...

1. I shared a kiss with Tom Jones in the '80s (you'd think I could at least remember the year... must not have been a very memorable kiss!)

2. I had my tonsils out in 1991, when I was 38. (Much more memorable than kissing Tom.)

3. My father was born in Indian Territory, in a little town called 'Egypt' - now a ghost town.

4. I'm the 32nd great-granddaughter of William the Conqueror.

5. I'm the 11th great-granddaughter of the last woman hanged for witchcraft in Connecticut in the mid 1600s.

6. I'm related by marriage to Daniel Boone, the Wright Brothers and Kristen Chenoweth.

7. I've driven a stick shift once in my life and couldn't parallel park to save my soul.

8. I work for a man who has four full-time jobs: insurance agent, builder, realtor and -ta!da!- auctioneer! :D

9. I've only gotten one traffic ticket in my entire life... for going 28mph in a 25mph zone. :(

10. I'm going to be a great grand aunt in May.

Now... who shall I tag? Rllgthunder, Silver King, Haggis, poetinahat, Unique, KTC, Dawno, MacAllister, K1P1 and MidnightMuse.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
2. I had my tonsils out in 1991, when I was 38. (Much more memorable than kissing Tom.quote by OFG:

Jen, I am rolling on the floor.... :)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Homeland security, the FBI, CIA, Loyal Order of the Moose, Huggis, Bjorn and 25 of 30 celebrities with current restraining orders against me; have forbidden my divulging any information about my past, present or future.

Unless I post it in Hungarian. Anyone able to translate for me? :D

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it took me a week to get over the tonsil thing... and as soon as I saw the look on Ol' Boy's face that night I kissed Tom Jones, I knew I better get over it pretty damn fast. :D
ohh Jen :ROFL: this is too easy...I could make something out of the above quote....rolls on floor, tears of laughter...
ETA: I think I Od'd on too much caffeine this morn

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Unless I post it in Hungarian. Anyone able to translate for me?
Yep. I can have anything you post translated within an hour by a native Hungarian speaker. As a matter of fact, he's standing right beside me at the moment.

;-)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
@$!%*!% alley cats. Always finding a loophole.
I know two of these guys.

The one thing you don't want to do is play cards with them as partners. They, uh, cheat in Hungarian. "Oh, no, we're just talking about the weather!"

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Crap -

I've already told ya'll the good stuff. :idea:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good idea.

Especially since, 'Morbid speculation is much more fun than reality'.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for PMing me Susie! Managed to find the thread, lol. :D

Okay, let's see...

1) I've only been out of the US once, when I was 8 months old. I went on a backpacking/hiking adventure in Norway (though I think my parents did most of the hiking. I just sort of sat in their bags.)

2) This year I snuck backstage at the NYC Fashion Week with my uncle. We didn't see any famous people that we recognized, but we saw some very leggy, very thin girls.

3) I'm not colorblind, but when the eye-doctor shows that chart with half red and half green, and the red is supposed to jump out at you-- I always see the green. He says this is weird, and I get the impression he thinks I'm making it up.

4) Jerry Bower (who was the Marian Ettlinger of the 90s) photographed me as a baby and said I was beautiful. 'Course, it's kinda hard to go wrong with babies, they're all bald heads and rolls of fat...

5) I can only cross one eye. One will point towards my nose, and the other will stare straight ahead.

6) For another fun fact about my eyes, my pupils are so huge that a total of 4 people that I DON'T KNOW have pulled me over and asked if I was on crack.

7) I have an id. Her name is Badeleine, and I invented her when I was three. Badeleine does all the stuff that Madeleine is too good to do. Badeleine also cackles a lot.

8) I worked on a play for three months when I was six, and there was a character named Alien who hailed from the planet Pintaplatow and spouted words of wisdom. The play only went downhill from there.

9) I'm allergic to dust, and yet I refuse to vacuum-- or let anyone else vacuum-- my room. It's a nice, cozy, sneezy, wheezy haven.

10) I rode in an extremely slow elevator ride with Martha Stewart and didn't realize it was her-- meanwhile having a chat with my aunt about Martha Stewart. Think the odds are impossible? Well we were in Martha's office building...

Okay, that was fun! Thanks Susie! Hmm, I tag:

proverb1810meggie, TsukiRyoko, Alan Yee, Alice in Wonderland (we need some teenagers on here), toothpaste, moth, expatbrat, beezle, preyer, and C. bronco.

(Sorry if anyone's a re-tag-- I tried to check it against everyone else's list.)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Curse you, OFG.

Uh, I don't mean like a real curse or anything, like some WITCH might do. Just a gentle, nice, kind semi-curse. With flowers and stuff.

Crap. Forget it. No curse at all.

Okay. Here's mine. My tags gotta come later too:

1. I'm old enough to be your father. Actually, I'm old enough to be your mother too, but that would be scientifically impossible. And at the very least it would be quite painful.
  2. My first real job was setting pins in bowling alley. Yep. Manually.
  3. I am bionic. I have plastic lenses in my eyes.
  4. I still have all my hair. Everything else is shot to hell though.
  5. As a 10 or 11 year old child, I once threw a water balloon through an open bus window. The thing is, it wasn't exactly what you'd call water that filled up the balloon. :gone:
  6. I was a boy scout. Honest. Really. Stop laughing.:e2salute:
  7. In college, I once walked into an SDS meeting wearing a Goldwater for President button. True story.
  8. Yes, I actually have eaten haggis.
  9. I often refuse to follow instructions.

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I tag Kimmi, Carrie, Ayna, Maddy, Soccer Mom, ToT, Freckles, Kate T., Jongfan and aadams

Oh, my...

I'll tag tjwriter, sanremoave, Chaos & Serenity, tlblack, giftedrhonda, Christine N, Foinah, Anne Marble, and I double call out Rllg!! :D

Ten facts...

1. My great-great-great grandfather came to America from Germany as an indentured servant to a doctor in Philadelphia. He worked for him for 2 years as payment for his passage.

2. My favorite color is orange.

3. I hate roses for Valentine's Day.

4. I co-owned an event-planning business for a couple of years until my partner moved to Florida.

5. I pick all the hamburg out of my hamburger helper. And chili. I push it off to the side.

6. I hate mushrooms.

7. and coconut.

8. I've never had a speeding ticket. (But I did get one failure to obey. :D )

9. I didn't even like football until 3 or 4 years ago.

10. I think the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is the best thing ever.

Last edited:

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I've been tagged again! Well, here we go....

1. My hair hasn't been a normal color for 4 years now. It probably won't be for another 8.

2. Once upon a time (last year) I had three nose piercings and 18 ear piercings. I've cut down since then, and gaged my nose out to a size 14 (on accident)

3. I have a terrible, terrible back

4. I've never run away from home, but I HAVE disappeared for a day or two (even I didn't know where I was)

5. Wearing a lot of bracelets for a long time (haven;t taken them off for almost a year) has shrunken my wrist a little. It's not noticible to anyone but me, and I love it.

6. All my scars heal keloid. If I get a papercut, that scar will stay with me until the time I'm 40 or beyond. People must think I'm torn up daily.

7. I almost commited suicide one, and had to have my stomach pumped. I spent 2 weeks in a mental hospital type thing, and had to be restrained twice.

8. Every test score I've ever had was usually in the top 10 at every school I've ever been to. I did no homework.

9. I smacked my toe off of a pole when I was little, and now my pinky toenail is almost non-existant.

10. Just within the past 3 years, I slimmed down a lot. I was a really chubby kid. I'm still a curvy chick (size 14-16 in pants, unless it's a good day), but I like having curves. I would just look odd if I were really skinny.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd better post quickly. It's getting harder to tag people.

Ten things you probably didn't want to know about Soccer Mom

1. I am completely double-jointed and can bend my fingers flat against the back of my hand.

2. My house is a zoo. I have 3 dogs, 3 cats, 3 goats, 2 horse, a fish, ducks and guinea hens. Oh, and a very spoiled house rabbit.

3. I used to show horses, but broke too many bones jumping things. (Actually falling off. Jumping is fine as long as you stay on.)

4. I'm dyslexic and actually type words backwords when I'm very tired.

5. I used to stay up for two and three days at a time when I was in college.

6. I once prosecuted a serial rapist/killer who threatened me with revenge. Good thing he's in for 99 years.

7. I drink coffee all day long and into the evening.

8. I once travelled around the world singing with a children's choir. 15 countries in two months. Ugh.

9. I lost 45 pounds on Weight Watchers.

10. I gained 20 pounds of it back.

I tag, Alley Cat, Silver King, Wyntermoon, Davids, JeanneTGC, Billy, Huggis :D, Sanremoave, suzy mcoy, & Wild Scribe