PDA

View Full Version : What channel or program are you addicted to?

TsukiRyoko
02-09-2007, 07:38 AM
My television is always on either Discovery, the Science Channel, the Food Network, Comedy Central, Classic Rock (sometimes Blues), or Adult Swim.

How about you? What's your favorite channels?

thethinker42
02-09-2007, 07:41 AM
The History Channel, in general. I just hate that they run a block of shows for 4 hours or so, then REPEAT them shortly after. It really pisses me off when I'm having an all-day sculpting-in-front-of-the-TV session, and it starts repeating. When I was stuck on bedrest (thankfully only for a week) it REALLY pissed me off.

I also love CSI and Law & Order SVU...and I've recently become addicted to House.

Otherwise, I really don't watch much TV.

louisgodwin
02-09-2007, 07:51 AM
I don't have cable, so there's really no specific channel I watch regularly.

I loved the show Firefly. It sucks that it got canceled way before its time.

Soccer Mom
02-09-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm completely addicted to Discovery Channel (Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, Survivorman, Really Big Things) and Bravo (Project Runway, Top Chef).

TsukiRyoko
02-09-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm completely addicted to Discovery Channel (Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, Survivorman, Really Big Things) and Bravo (Project Runway, Top Chef).
Those MythBusters guys are hot. :tongue

ritinrider
02-09-2007, 09:54 AM
I don't actually 'watch' tv, mostly I listen to it. My television is on 24/7, the silence is too loud. I was keeping it on hgtv, sometimes the food network. myth busters and dirty jobs are pretty good shows I listen to/watch when I stumble across them.

Interesting thread Tsuki

Lyra Jean
02-09-2007, 10:10 AM

Adam is mine I tell you all mine! I fed him Phentermine. ;)

Oh yeah channels I like. Discovery, NGC, and History channel. I watch A&E for CSI: Miami. I also like foriegn films and silent films.

Vincent
02-09-2007, 10:35 AM

You're like, 17, aren't you? They're oooold, girl.

Lyra Jean
02-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Beezle,

It's looky no touchy. That's what's great with television.
Mike Rowe is hot.

Vincent
02-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Well, okay. I'll take your word on that.

NeuroFizz
02-09-2007, 05:30 PM
24. That's the only show I really try to see each week.

jvc
02-09-2007, 05:31 PM
I love Stargate SG1 and Atlantis and BSG.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
02-09-2007, 05:36 PM
HGTV, Food Network (Alton Brown could ALMOST steal me away from Ol' Boy), Discovery (Yuppers... Mythbusters are HOT. And Survivorman). History and History International. And for background noise: Soundscapes.

Sohia Rose
02-09-2007, 05:42 PM
24, Lost, Law & Order (SVU, Criminal Intent, and original), Forensic Files (Court TV), The X Files (re-runs), Discovery Channel, Science Channel (that's my new thing) and Discovery Health. I also watch VH1, Bravo and PBS.

latoya
02-09-2007, 06:17 PM
My tv rarely leaves MTV. I like Real World, The Hills, Laguna Beach (when there's a season), Exposed, My Super Sweet Sixteen, to name a few.

TsukiRyoko
02-09-2007, 06:28 PM
You're like, 17, aren't you? They're oooold, girl.
You weren't around when I posted that thread about my little problem, did you? Yes? No? Well, it never went away.

Alton Brown

TsukiRyoko
02-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Adam is mine I tell you all mine! I fed him Phentermine. ;)

Oh yeah channels I like. Discovery, NGC, and History channel. I watch A&E for CSI: Miami. I also like foriegn films and silent films.
But *I* want the explosive one! Man....

PattiTheWicked
02-09-2007, 07:00 PM

They are indeed. I'm kind of partial to Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs. I'm not sure if it's his sexy voice or the fact that he even looks good when he's covered in mud.

My sooper-secret crush is Captain Sig Hansen from Deadliest Catch. Mmrroow.

Lyra Jean
02-09-2007, 07:02 PM
I have to agree with you about Mike Rowe. I know it's one of the reasons I watch the show.

TsukiRyoko
02-09-2007, 07:30 PM
They are indeed. I'm kind of partial to Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs. I'm not sure if it's his sexy voice or the fact that he even looks good when he's covered in mud.

My sooper-secret crush is Captain Sig Hansen from Deadliest Catch. Mmrroow.
Mike Rowe does have it going on. But, he seems too hands-on and not intellectual enough for my tastes. I go for the really smart geeky looking guys (most of whom are initially ugly, but then really grow on your after hearing them speak of watching them in action. Viva la geek!)

PattiTheWicked
02-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Any man who thinks its fun to blow things up in the name of science is alright in my book.

Jaycinth
02-10-2007, 01:14 AM
24. I won't miss it.

There are a lot of other good ones but with my schedule I have to ask myself...write or TV?

...and writing usually wins.

wyntermoon
02-10-2007, 01:40 AM
I hate to admit this in public but I'm addicted to Survivor... and Mike Rowe. Preferably at the same time. Covered in mud. In a loincloth. Wearing Jeff's hat.

Raiyah
02-10-2007, 02:10 AM
Back before I had nothing to do, I use to watch everything on t.v. Now it's just limited to:

Gilmore Girls
America's next top model
Ghost hunters
PBS documentaries
and anything on HGTV.

thethinker42
02-10-2007, 02:13 AM
Any man who thinks its fun to blow things up in the name of science is alright in my book.

LOL I totally agree. ;)

Chumplet
02-10-2007, 02:17 AM
I hate to admit it, but I patterned my hero in my first ms after Gil Grissom of CSI. Don't tell anyone....

It's the only show the whole family sits down to watch together. My son got us hooked when he was twelve.

startwearingpurple
02-10-2007, 02:40 AM
Lost, desperate housewives, grey's anatonmy and batman

wyntermoon
02-10-2007, 03:20 AM
Lost, desperate housewives, grey's anatonmy and batman

Batman with TVs Adam West or the cartoon?? I love a man in a plastic codpiece.

startwearingpurple
02-10-2007, 03:29 AM
BOTH!! haahaa i watch the adam west ones when they're on(he's fabulous) and i watch the cartoon with my little brother beacuse he's scared of mr.freeze
and whats not to love about the writing Robin once said"holy tax evaision batman" i swear he really did!

TrainofThought
02-10-2007, 03:47 AM
AA

CheshireCat
02-10-2007, 03:59 AM
SciFi, A&E, BBC-America, The History Channel, some CW -- Supernatural, Veronica Mars, and Gilmore Girls. Some interesting "major" network shows like Numbers, Lost, 24, and Heroes.

When I'm working, I usually have something that doesn't draw my focus droning on in the background, like some old documentary, or endless theories on the JFK assassination.

Or MSNBC, if it's a newsworthy day.