Who wants to chat?

Mod35tBabe

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm putting forward the idea that, like the sci-fi writers have, the writers of this genre could also have a specific chat time each week to talk about mystery/thriller/suspense writing. A topic could be picked and then discussed, or just chatting about where we are in our current wips. I'm keen to learn what I can about this genre, since I love writing it and reading it, and have read posts in here but being able to talk in real time I think could help improve everyone's writing. I'm willing to help host the chats if needed to get this going.
If anyone's interested in this, let me know and I'll see if we can get this happening soon.
Thanks

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in. Assuming it's a time I'm normally online. It would be interesting to chat with the MTS crew. We might scare off the other chatters when we start in on body disposal and how to cleanse a crime scene. :D

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Disposing of bodies... how about letting the horror writers know there are free cadavers in the mystery forum? I'm sure they could find some use for them.

Mod35tBabe

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Well thats a start - i know of one other person who's interested too - so thats 5 so far. I'll organise if I can do it, and then work out a suitable time. I'm thinking perhaps 9pm EST one day but I'll see how it goes - if need be we can have it during America's day depending on when people can get on.

A.M. Wildman

Tentenda via est
Registered
Reaction score
Well thats a start - i know of one other person who's interested too - so thats 5 so far. I'll organise if I can do it, and then work out a suitable time. I'm thinking perhaps 9pm EST one day but I'll see how it goes - if need be we can have it during America's day depending on when people can get on.

As, I'm a stay at home writer I can be available most anytime. So, I'm flexible with what's good for other folks.

Mod35tBabe

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Great A.M. - I'll continue chatting to others and see if I can get it all worked out and let you all know how it's going. Thought of maybe putting a message in the horror board too to get more people going to it- at the least we can chat about body disposal.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'll come to watch. Diversity is good.

CheshireCat

Mostly purring. Mostly.
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds interesting. I'll be there, if I can. (Note: best time for me is evening, EST, but I can manage some afternoons.)

Last edited:

Mod35tBabe

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Anywhere between 9am-5pm weekdays is good for me - that's 5pm - 1am EST so does this suit anyone? I'm a bit of a nightowl and takes me a while to get going in the mornings. However we can also do a Sunday night since that is Monday my time so weekends aren't entirely excluded. I think once a fortnight. The times will change slightly when day light savings finishes here, or if I get a job lol but it won't change by much hopefully.

Mod35tBabe

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Ah hah so you come on in the afternoon of mine time so therefore the time I thought would be good would suit you as well - how handy is that ay? I'm hoping to get this going in the next week or so if all goes well.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Well I'm interested, but I'm also on Greenwich Mean Time, and I see most of the rest of you are in the US, so I might be in bed sleeping when the rest of you are ready to chat!

Also, although I post on message boards I am unfamiliar with chat rooms. The concept seems to be terrible intimidating...

Shara

Mod35tBabe

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm actually Australian Shara :) but if you pop into the chat room pretty much between 11am and 6pm and 7pm and 12am Aussie time (www.worldtimeserver.com to convert the times) most days I'll be around and we can have a yarn even if it's not the official talk it's better than nothing. At the least I can update you on what we've chatted about and then me and you just have our own discussion with whoever else is in the room. I'm happy to help explain getting into the chat and navigating around it so if you (and the offer is extended to anyone) just pm me and I'll do my best to get you familiar with it.
Just an extra note, if you pop in say hi and wait a few minutes in case I've gone to get a drink I may not answer immediately but I will answer.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Mod35, thanks for the message.

I think Australia's about 12 hours ahead of GMT (depending of course on what part of Australia you're in!

I'm usually online between 7pm and 10pm. Which means I'll probably miss you.

But I shall maybe take a peek in the chat room if I find myself at the computer late one night.

Shara

Mod35tBabe

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Because I've decided to start a real writing group I'll have to get in the habit of getting up earlier so I can get up a bit earlier (would do wonders for my studies too) and hop online and if you're on then we can chat :)

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
Been out of the loop, guys. This sounds good.

Let's set it up. Thanks, Mod35tBabe, and Pthom.