Anybody want to do my math work?

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I'm terrible at math, and I don't want to do it. I have 3 days of geometry piled up in front of me, and I'm not touching it until the cows come home (or die). I'll give anyone willing to do it for me a full carton of Marb Reds, and whatever sort of liquor they fancy. Or a bunch of crepes. Any takers? :D

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Ah, you'd only be cheating yourself of the knowledge. Besides, geometry is an important component of billiards, home improvement, and balance within the universe.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ah, you'd only be cheating yourself of the knowledge. Besides, geometry is an important component of billiards, home improvement, and balance within the universe.
When I ask, "What will I ever use math beyond addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division for?" they all said, "When you become an engineer, you'll need it." This answer tells me two things- 1) Math teachers lack judgment and are quick to jump to conclusions. ME? Become an engineer? Only if you want every new bit of technology to explode, and 2) That it's true- I only need to know how to add and subtract. If people can go their entire lives being illiterate, I'm damn sure I can make it through life without having to know what the area of a 2-dimensional angle is. I'll stick to writing, thanks :D.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Billiards, the penultimate sport (after Nascar), requires working with angles. Next time you need to bank an eight-ball, you will understand the sublime beauty of geometry.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Billiards, the penultimate sport (after Nascar), requires working with angles. Next time you need to bank an eight-ball, you will understand the sublime beauty of geometry.
I can't play billiards because someone always ends up going to the hospital after I beat them with the stick or impale them with the 8-ball.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Don't look at me. I failed both Algebra and Geometry in high school.

Or did I fail Algebra and get a D in Geometry?

Wait. Come to think of it, I failed English, too.
I failed everything because I was always in in-school suspension for smoking in the bathrooms. The school has successfully deprived me of an appropriate education.

latoya

Registered
Reaction score
You learn problem solving through logic and reasoning in geometry. A skill that you will definitely need throughout life.

The one thing I don't like about many teachers, no matter what subject, is that they do not know how to explain why you need to learn that particular subject.

I don't know about other graduate school tests, but if you take the GMAT, the one for business school, geometry is included in the test.

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
I can't play billiards because someone always ends up going to the hospital after I beat them with the stick or impale them with the 8-ball.

Is it physically possible to impale someone with a ball?

Hey, Geometry could teach you some new and interesting ways to torture people. For instance, you could start by stabbing someone three times, then challenge yourself to make a right triangle.

:D

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
SOHCOHTOA, Tsuki. It will save your life someday.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I'm terrible at math, and I don't want to do it. I have 3 days of geometry piled up in front of me, and I'm not touching it until the cows come home (or die). I'll give anyone willing to do it for me a full carton of Marb Reds, and whatever sort of liquor they fancy. Or a bunch of crepes. Any takers? :D

I'm good at math overall, but I don't smoke nor drink, and I'm trying to watch my diet. Got anything else to offer?:D

More seriously (or maybe not!), I always thought geometry was going to be more like trigonometry, but it ended up being about logic and proofs and stuff. I've always questioned geometry as the 'vehicle' to teach those things. I've used lots of trig and algebra in my carreer (electronics design), but not geometry that I can recall. Regardless, I also think you should do your own homework.:)

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
If knowledge is power, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, what are schools trying to do?

Don't fall for their lies, Tsuki!
Rebel and lead an entire generation into a revolution of lazy ignorance and bliss!

:Soapbox:

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Groan. I have geometry right now. Proofs. Double groan.

Last edited:

Dixie

Registered
Reaction score
I fialed miserably at math and any form of it - including geometry and trig. I dont have the capacity to compute numbers and avoid numbers like the plague. The only math I ever want to see is to balance my checkbook and even then I struggle with it.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Is it physically possible to impale someone with a ball?

Hey, Geometry could teach you some new and interesting ways to torture people. For instance, you could start by stabbing someone three times, then challenge yourself to make a right triangle.

:D
Yes, it's possible, and for one reason- I'M doing the impaling. I can impale with anything. Didn't you know? :D

Why do all that when I can hook their nipples up to the electrical outlet, or cover them in liver pate and let them roam the wild?

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
You learn problem solving through logic and reasoning in geometry. A skill that you will definitely need throughout life.
All of my problems will be solved by the court. :Shrug:

As for the future, I guarantee I won't be doing anything that needs math to get me there. I hate math so much that when I finally get away from it, I'm staying away.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm good at math overall, but I don't smoke nor drink, and I'm trying to watch my diet. Got anything else to offer?:D
Alright, fine. You'll get nooky if you do my homework. Just get it done.
benbradley said:
More seriously (or maybe not!), I always thought geometry was going to be more like trigonometry, but it ended up being about logic and proofs and stuff. I've always questioned geometry as the 'vehicle' to teach those things. I've used lots of trig and algebra in my carreer (electronics design), but not geometry that I can recall. Regardless, I also think you should do your own homework.:)
I don't think I should do it. Technically, I don't HAVE to do it. Dad just starts getting antsy when I don't (independant schooling, and after age 16 the country doesn't give a damn whetheer you do your work or not as long as you can pass the end of the year test (which I can. Every test I've ever taken has had spectacular scores)

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
If knowledge is power, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, what are schools trying to do?

Don't fall for their lies, Tsuki!
Rebel and lead an entire generation into a revolution of lazy ignorance and bliss!

:Soapbox:
I did rebel, but then they tricked me into homeschool. "Sonovabitch," I know, right? Now, I'M the man. ...Man....