The last film I saw at the cinema was...

Reaction score
...Notes on a Scandal. I adore Judi Dench and I have a girlcrush on Cate Blanchett.

I have two friends who each work in different cinemas in Dundee, so that's permanent discounts or free tickets for me!

So, after the cinema me and my friend went to a bar for some nachos, spare ribs and a drinky. A good time was had by all.

What was the last film you went to see? Was there an 'occasion' or did you just feel like it? On your own or in company? I usually go on my own but I hadn't seen this particular friend in a while, so we went to see Notes on a Scandal.

I liked it a lot; I haven't read the book (SHOCK! HORROR!) yet, so maybe I'd feel differently if I had the novel to compare it to. I always feel creatively stimulated after a night out at t'picters. :)

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I saw it a couple weeks ago. It's okay. Dench and Blanchett were wonderful, however. Here's my review.

I review movies for cash. So I see movies all the time. The last one I saw (and reviewed) was The Messengers. I gave it a scathing review.

Last edited:

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I rarely ever go to the theater - it's the people. They bother me.

The last time I went was to the premier of Serenity. Before that, I hadn't seen a movie in the theater since Matrix.

I'm a DVD-rental kind of gal (you know, big screen, surround sound, a PAUSE button for potty breaks :) )

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid to go see that one(The Messengers), honestly. Either it will suck so bad that I want to kill myself, or it will seriously freak me out and leave me paranoid for a couple weeks. So far no movie has done the latter, but the previews gave me tinglies, so I am avoiding it. Horror is def. not my movie genre.

As for what I last saw... Epic Movie. And yes, I am very, very sorry.

Reaction score
I saw it a couple weeks ago. It's okay. Dench and Blanchett were wonderful, however.

I review movies for cash. So I see movies all the time. The last one I saw (and reviewed) was The Messengers. I gave it a scathing review.

Aren't they always? I'm particularly enamoured of Blanchett's cheekbones.

Right, that's enough raving about her. I think I've made my admiration plain! ;)

BottomlessCup

Getting settled
Registered
Reaction score
The last thing I caught was "Smoking Aces", at a free screening.

It was pretty meh. Tried too hard to be a Guy Ritchie film.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I saw Children of Men....was not the story I thought it would be, but it was ok.

Pomegranate

Registered
Reaction score
The last movie I went to see was "Curse of the Golden Flower". Husband and I had a dinner/date night. (It was epic and beautifully filmed. I want to see it again.)

I HATE seeing movies in the theater. People are far too noisy and inconsiderate. Also, I'm spoiled because we have a "home" theater setup in Husband's photography studio. We have a video projector, a 5x8 screen, and comfy chairs. We don't see things first run but we get to make our own popcorn and have friends join us for free.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
What was the last film you went to see? Was there an 'occasion' or did you just feel like it? On your own or in company?

Happy Feet.

My co-worker and I thought it sounded cute, so we went. I didn't really care for it. It WAS cute, but it was kinda dumb. Not like "kids' movie" dumb, but "pointless, even if I was a kid I would've rolled my eyes" dumb.

Then again, I was still recovering emotionally from a miscarriage, and the scene at the beginning when the egg didn't seem like it was going to hatch REALLY rubbed me the wrong way.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Night at the Museum. It was fantastic! I save up my Air Miles to get free tickets and we only go to the movies if it's going to be visually 'wow'. This was.

The one before that was Chronicles of Narnia. Again, beautiful visuals and a great story.

I save the funny and cerebral films for DVD.

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
March of the Penguins. At the two dollar cinema. Yes, I'm cheap (like the others have said, I prefer to rent the DVD; home is much more conducive to movie enjoyment). That said, Penguins was superb. And ya gotta love Morgan Freeman's narration!

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Good lord, Susie, we need to take you out on a date night! Who's with me?! I'll buy the popcorn~ :popcorn:

I took the girls to see Night at the Museum. I'm not a big Stiller fan but am a huge fan of that museum! Great film, the girls loved it. :D

pink lily

I regret everything
Registered
Reaction score
I hate going to the movies and had stayed away for over a decade, but last summer's Snakes on a Plane was too deliciously horrible to wait for.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
The last movie I went to see at the cinema was "Curious George." It was ok but my little girl, who was two at the time, was enthralled. I think we've watched it about 1,000 times since it came out on DVD, lol.

The last time my husband and I went out on a date to the movies was to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been to the movies in so long I can't even remember what the last movie I saw was. Maybe the last Harry Potter movie? Yikes, I need to get out more.

Nathan Bransford

Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nathanbransford.blogspot.com
I went and saw "The Damned Don't Cry" at the San Francisco Noir festival. It was an incredible Joan Crawford movie.

My favorite line: "Self-respect is what you tell yourself you got when you got nothing else." Also: "He promised me the world. And I've got to have it."

Memnon624

A Boy and his Orc . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scottoden.com
Last movie I saw (this past weekend) was Pan's Labyrinth. It wasn't as good as I was hoping, though the parts about the Spanish Civil War were fascinating.

The one I'm most looking forward to is Frank Miller's 300.

tlblack

nothing simple here
Registered
Reaction score
Last time I was in a theater to see a movie was about 12 years ago. I don't remember which one. I can't sit still for two hours with nothing to do so I'd rather rent something and watch it at home while I crochet, work crosswords, etc. I have to have something else to do besides watch the screen.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I usually go at least once a week to the movie theater. We see some crappy movies and some we actually enjoy; and we rent a lot of DVDs.

Last one in the theater was The Messengers, which had some really creepy moments in it but seemed to break down at the end.

We spent last Friday night watching: The Black Dahlia, American Dreamz, and The Devil Wears Prada. We were both disappointed in Black Dahlia. We expected more ... something.

Don't know what we'll see this weekend; we have the kids so it'll likely be something we merely tolerate.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
...Notes on a Scandal.
Me too!
before that was "Last King Of Scotland" which should net Forest Whitaker a sack of awards.

Dench and Blanchett were wonderful, however.
And what about Bill Nighy?

BTW, did the end remind anyone else of The Collector (John Fowles)

I rarely ever go to the theater - it's the people. They bother me.
The people bother me too. which is why I generally go to the lunchtime showing at the weekend. No-one but kids, and I don't like kids films.

Would you believe "Rosemary's Baby." It's been awhile.:)
:eek: